Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2017, 07:39:13 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  April update?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: April update?  (Read 9420 times)
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2017, 10:44:50 PM »

Since the NRA Annual Meeting is next weekend, I think that's the most likely ship/no ship announcement period for DT on meeting their April promise. If they don't say anything then, IMHO that silence will have the same impact as a splashy "we're shipping" announcement. I really don't expect them to say anything on the subject before then. If they do, it would be a surprise to me, and probably a nice surprise because to break silence would almost certainly mean a shipping announcement.

I agree.  If they say something now, they'll have minimal press coverage, but if they say it at the NRA Annual Meeting, they they'll have the entire industry present and more free coverage than they can imagine.  But...if they don't announce that it is (or definitively when) shipping, then I think they're going to be in a PR disaster that is going to taint them for years.

Kurt
bpguy

« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2017, 11:13:06 PM »

Since the NRA Annual Meeting is next weekend, I think that's the most likely ship/no ship announcement period for DT on meeting their April promise. If they don't say anything then, IMHO that silence will have the same impact as a splashy "we're shipping" announcement. I really don't expect them to say anything on the subject before then. If they do, it would be a surprise to me, and probably a nice surprise because to break silence would almost certainly mean a shipping announcement.

I agree.  If they say something now, they'll have minimal press coverage, but if they say it at the NRA Annual Meeting, they they'll have the entire industry present and more free coverage than they can imagine.  But...if they don't announce that it is (or definitively when) shipping, then I think they're going to be in a PR disaster that is going to taint them for years.
They will announce at the NRA that they will start shipping in May just like at SHOT they announced that they were shipping in March.  And the month before that and so on.  They should rename the company Ringling Brothers because this is a circus.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2017, 11:20:05 PM »

But...if they don't announce that it is (or definitively when) shipping, then I think they're going to be in a PR disaster that is going to taint them for years.

A little too late for that.  And, even if they did 'definitively' announce shipping who would believe it?  At this point someone announcing they've actually received their order carries more weight.  Get it?  Carries more weight...lol...anyway...

On Nick's behalf though, in the interview with Hank Strange, he mentioned the guns would start shipping in march/April/may with full ramp up in June & July.  So my take on this is that they've got little over a month to get a rifle shipped.

We're anxious for the gun to release but unfortunately the gun won't be readily available.  I'm hoping those that do receive sooner than later do provide us as much media as possible.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 11:26:46 PM by HBeretta » Logged
Raptor
^

« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2017, 10:49:24 AM »

Well sorry for the rest of ya'll, but I bought a DT shirt, gonna check out the badges Sat., and print me one for Sunday. Then I'll just show up to the DT booth and start demonstrating the MDR to some of the attendees, then eventually walk off with it.   Grin

~Raptor
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2017, 12:03:39 PM »

Well sorry for the rest of ya'll, but I bought a DT shirt, gonna check out the badges Sat., and print me one for Sunday. Then I'll just show up to the DT booth and start demonstrating the MDR to some of the attendees, then eventually walk off with it.   Grin

~Raptor

Now that sounds like a plan!!
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2017, 02:43:52 PM »

~Raptor

Why would you want a nonfunctional display MDR? Make fake YouTube videos?

AE
Raptor
^

« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2017, 05:13:34 PM »

Spare parts.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length