Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2017, 01:36:33 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:        2017 NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits       -       27 through 30, April, 2017       -       Atlanta, Georgia

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Getting Started...
| |-+  Member Introductions
| | |-+  New guy from Las Vegas
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New guy from Las Vegas  (Read 205 times)
Junkyardrules

« on: March 20, 2017, 07:30:15 PM »

Actually Henderson but it's all one big Las Vegas Valley to me.  Love the AR platform but recently got my first bullpup.  An X95 Tavor in black.  I've always been fascinated by the IDF and the Tavor in general.  Just installed a Giesselle trigger pack, lightning bow, and AAC 51T mount.  Just need to find a good optic.  Debating between keeping it simple and going with an Aimpoint PRO or spending the $$ and springing for an Elcan. 

I'm a native Nevadan, no LEO or military experience.  Grew up shooting and love firearms in general.  My biggest concern right now is Las Vegas turning into a suburb of LA.  The stupidity of some recent Nevada gun laws is astonishing.

I look forward to learning from all of you here on Bullpupforum.com!
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 07:37:41 PM »

Welcome! Good choice on the X95--it's a solid little gun. I have a red dot (Mepro RDS Pro) for it. Elcans are nice optics if you have the money. My only caveat would be to try one out before buying. I shot one on a friend's SCAR that was 1x-6x, and it had a pretty bad tube effect. I have an ACOG and it's hands down my favorite optic. It works really well on an X95 too--turned mine into a tack driver. Made 100yd shots while standing stupidly easy.
Junkyardrules

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 08:09:19 PM »

Thanks for the advice on optics.  If I went Elcan I'd go 1x/4x.  Interesting observation you made on the 6x.  I only wish I had a local stocking dealer to try one out beforehand.  I own Vortex, Eotech, Aimpoint, and Leupold optics but never an ACOG.  If only I could afford them all!
Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 08:20:17 PM »

Welcome to the Forum!  The people that want more gun laws don't understand guns or gun people!

NRA Life Member   Bullpup Fanatic Glock Armorer  Owner of Homeland Guns.1-740-820-GUNS
Junkyardrules

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 12:51:45 AM »

Well said and thanks for the welcome
BrianK

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 06:21:47 PM »

Welcome to the forum!
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length