Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 24, 2017, 11:50:14 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:        2017 SHOT Show       -       16 through 20, January, 2017       -       Sands Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  WTB: AUG QD Buttplate Sling Pin
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WTB: AUG QD Buttplate Sling Pin  (Read 165 times)
Major54

« on: March 19, 2017, 04:12:28 PM »

If you have an extra AUG VLTOR QD Buttplate Sling Pin or have one you are not making use of, will buy outright or pay cash difference along with a standard buttplate sling pin.

PM what you have and price please. Thanks!

“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.” ― Robert Frost
DubageL

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 08:12:45 PM »

Try pj's steyr augs page. Usually has them.
Major54

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 12:46:50 AM »

Thanks but Pete is the first place I check for my AUG needs and wants. He has been out of them for a bit and when speaking to him Friday, isn't sure when more wil be coming in.

I just need the one for my M1 that I will finally be able to put to work as my long gun when I get my new long rail from him. My agency requires iron sights in addition to whatever approved optic we use.

I could go with a single point sling on the GHW Fulcrum QD sling point but have just gotten so accustomed to a two point carry over the years. With short spacing between the midpoint Fulcrum and rear attachment, it is somewhat slower but more secured for accessing other gear or simply moving the carbine out of the way without the excess movement I usually experience with a single point setup.

“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.” ― Robert Frost
housertl

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 02:42:14 PM »

If Pete is out of stock, there is this.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/MI-Steyr-AUG-QD-Swivel-Take-Down-Pin-p/mi-augqds.htm
mpd3285
^

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 03:23:54 PM »

If you can't find a rear pin QD, and if you have space on your rail, you can try a pic rail QD sling mount like VTAC, MI, and Mapgul, and others make, and then just keep the stock pin as is.  You still get a 2 point set up and can easily reach the QD from a "ready gun" position, to release it.
You can see the one I use in these videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv-ib-pMxZQ  at the beginning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXvUtvC7nxs  at 1:05. 
I have it off in most of the footage to show the reloads better, but it gives a decent 2 point option with QD capability.  I use the factory sling too. 

Steyr AUG= Austrian combat Legos since 1977.
Why SBR when you can AUG?! - Haven't we been taxed enough already?
Major54

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 08:22:11 PM »

Thanks for the feedback! The MI pin looks like a good replacement for the VLTOR and is reasonable at $30 bucks. For some teason it does specifically list the MI pin as not being compatible with the M1? That's news to me as I am pretty sure that most AUG stocks are compatible across all generations. Likely just someone doing data entry for the web site that doesn't know squat about such things.

I also really appreciate the video links. As well as that setup seems to work, I'm not sure that I would have sufficient rail space. Since I carry two optics with QD mounts in my hard case and have to use BUIS, not sure exactly where I would mount the QD attachment.

I know the environment I am going into about 90% of the time so I am able to alternate between a TA31 (agency issue) and a Comp M4S. No problem for rail space with the M4S but the relatively short eye relief of the TA31 and the MBUS Pro rear would make the already crowded rear area of the rail a virtual no go.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length