Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 26, 2017, 03:15:06 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:        2017 SHOT Show       -       16 through 20, January, 2017       -       Sands Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  308 Mags for MDR
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 308 Mags for MDR  (Read 843 times)
INV136

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 10:45:02 AM »

Already have a lot of MagPul 25 rd Pmags as well as several X Products 50rd drum magazines waiting for the MDR.

Did they confirm that the x drums will fit, or are you going to be the first to find out?

I'm going to find out. I bought these for my SCAR 17 outfitted with a Stryker Ent. SEAL aluminum lower receiver that accepts SR25 magazines. My SEAL accepts MagPul SR25 magazines. But, I noticed that the magwell was too tight to accept the drum magazines. I'm hoping these will fit/feed properly in the MDR. They worked fine in a Sig P716 Patrol rifle that I had.
Heavy

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2017, 01:34:33 PM »

Looking at the pictures that DT has released with a mag in, it looks like the flare of the magwell reaches down a bit further than the ridges on a magpul mag that fit right on the edge of a sig716 magwell. The x-drums expand right there, so ive assumed the drums wouldnt fit. If they did i figured DT would have been the first to brag about the fact, so im skeptical. But would love to be proven wrong.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2017, 09:20:39 PM »

It's not going to be a dealbreaker for me if they don't drop free, but it was a question I specifically asked DT and was given a specific, confirmed answer. Given the entire chain of events, I have trust issues with them, lol. I run the Regulation Tactical reflex mag pouches, so no need for a dump. Just nice to know it does drop free it if need be.

Oh, I completely agree that it would be nice to know beforehand.  It just isn't an issue for me one way or the other.

Kurt
INV136

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2017, 03:58:53 PM »

Looking at the pictures that DT has released with a mag in, it looks like the flare of the magwell reaches down a bit further than the ridges on a magpul mag that fit right on the edge of a sig716 magwell. The x-drums expand right there, so ive assumed the drums wouldnt fit. If they did i figured DT would have been the first to brag about the fact, so im skeptical. But would love to be proven wrong.

I'll find out when mine is finally delivered.  Cool
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length