Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2017, 08:40:55 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:        2017 NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits       -       27 through 30, April, 2017       -       Atlanta, Georgia

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  Bullpup Unlimited
| | |-+  Bullpup 870 trouble shooting
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bullpup 870 trouble shooting  (Read 455 times)
NHnewbie

« on: March 11, 2017, 06:28:32 PM »

Looking for some guidance solving a BP 870 problem. I bought a BP 870 kit and new Rem 870 Express Tactical 25077. Everything  OK up to step 13 in the instructions where a function test is called for. Everything works except the trigger - wont release (fire). I am thinking it may be the rear end cap prongs not taking the internal safety off safe when the cap is installed, but cant be sure. The gun works fine when I operate the safety and trigger directly. Probably pilot error but I have disassembled and reassembled a couple of times with same result. Also, I  built an identical gun some time ago with no problems. Any troubleshooting ideas? (Yes, I have read the manual and watched the BP video several times!)
bullpup45

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 09:58:48 AM »

Sorry your having a problem.   At step 13 all you need to do is do not install the rear cap, use a screwdriver or anything that will go in the hole at the rear and make sure the safety of the gun is on fire. and see if the unit functions then.  This will tell you if it's a rear cap problem or trigger rod problem.  If it does not work, contact us at   www.bullpupunlimitedinfo@duo-county.com.
NHnewbie

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 05:23:45 PM »

Thanks for the tip. Tried this and BP trigger does not fire the 870 trigger with the safety off. So, looks like something related to the BP trigger, trigger bar etc. Will contact you as suggested. I can see the trigger bar move to the rear but apparently it does not move far enough to trip the 870 trigger, or, less likely, is not properly engaging the 870 trigger.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 05:38:14 PM by NHnewbie » Logged
NHnewbie

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 11:48:00 PM »

Had an outstanding experience in resolving the BPU problem noted in my first post on this thread. I responded to the post by bullpup45 by email with a description of my problem and later that evening (a Sunday) he telephoned to provide more guidance on resolving the problem. He later made and emailed a short video showing how to make an adjustment and sent along a replacement part no charge. I later found out I was  dealing with the owner of the company.  Customer support doesnt get any better than this! Sets an example I would like to see others in the firearms industry follow. Thanks JJ!
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length