Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2017, 08:12:46 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  My grip fin for the silly CA laws
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: My grip fin for the silly CA laws  (Read 3960 times)
Jdub765

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2017, 04:53:39 PM »

haha yeah, it's pretty ridiculous.  you should see all the crazy accessories for the ARs that help you manipulate the take down pin and mag release.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/07/06/multiple-california-compliant-magazine-release-options/
http://www.calegalmags.com/AR-15-Patriot-Mag-Release-Kit-w-Extended-Takedown-Pin_p_1629.html
https://www.armaglock.com/
Rasputin

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2017, 10:56:42 PM »

Very clever! Does not make California's laws any less ridiculous though...
omgbarndor
New Posting Member

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2017, 11:31:28 PM »

This looks amazing and I'd love one for my Tavor. I just made a grip wrap out of Kydex and it looks terrible.

This thing looks like it was designed to be apart of the gun.
phantoms

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2017, 12:11:55 PM »

haha yeah, it's pretty ridiculous.  you should see all the crazy accessories for the ARs that help you manipulate the take down pin and mag release.
Why do that when you can just use this
http://www.guns.com/2017/03/02/the-side-loading-ar-15-stripper-clip-because-california-video/
chuck762

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2017, 02:47:36 PM »

Why do that when you can just use this
http://www.guns.com/2017/03/02/the-side-loading-ar-15-stripper-clip-because-california-video/
That is great if you want to run a fixed mag on an AR to keep your pistol grip and collapsible stock.
The grip wrap turns the gun into a featureless rifle and allows you to have a detachable magazine. Fixed mag on the Tavor doesn't work so well. I even hated the bullet button on mine since i am left handed and I went with the grip wrap to go back to the standard mag release.
Yes, the laws are confusing and written by a bunch of brain dead gun hating commies. 
Jdub765

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2017, 10:46:58 PM »

I've posted the items up on Shapeways for those of you who've messaged me.
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/random-thoughts?li=pb
Sorry it took so long!  I had to print out one final copy to make sure it fit okay.  I apologize about the cost since it costs so much to print on Shapeways.  My profit is a dollar or two on the safeties, and a little under $9 on the fin itself.  Please let me know what you think and if you have any issues  Grin
Rastoff

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2017, 12:40:17 AM »

I had a Kydex "fin" made for mine, but yours looks better.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Jdub765

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2017, 05:52:33 PM »

Yeah, I was going to go the kydex route, but since we have that removable buttcap I wanted to make something that look like it's part of the gun.
omgbarndor
New Posting Member

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2017, 09:19:50 PM »

I've posted the items up on Shapeways for those of you who've messaged me.
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/random-thoughts?li=pb
Sorry it took so long!  I had to print out one final copy to make sure it fit okay.  I apologize about the cost since it costs so much to print on Shapeways.  My profit is a dollar or two on the safeties, and a little under $9 on the fin itself.  Please let me know what you think and if you have any issues  Grin

Thanks! Ordered a lefty version.
AlexTavor

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2017, 03:31:41 PM »

There is a 3D interactive model of the Tavor in "world of guns" game (less of a game then it is a reference manual for me)

Only issue is you can't unlock the Tavor right when you download the game. You need to save up 30000 points from  disassembling other firearms. Took me 2 days to unlock the Tavor, but its worth it since the 3D model is very good, you can click to hide parts and view any internals in action, activate a cut out mode, and x ray mode too.

I use a Mac and got the game for free from the app store (only for computer not iPhone/ipad) but its available online for PC also. Not sure if PC also has an app store but do know for certain there is an online browser version of the game, and its also available on Steam for PC download. Im not sure if you can save progress on the web browser version so would recommend downloading it since its free.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 03:34:01 PM by AlexTavor » Logged
Chairforce26

« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2017, 03:55:44 PM »

Crap like this makes be believe Congress and Trump need to remove a state's ability to regulate firearms and prohibit assault weapons bans and magazine limmits. 
Jdub765

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2017, 07:28:38 PM »

Thanks omgbarndor, I sent you the paypal Wink

That game looks pretty cool!  Just the type of thing I'd spend hours goofing with... which is why I can't download it cause I have so much stuff to do these days lol

Yeah, it'd be nice for regulation to be at the federal level only, but that's not going to happen in California haha
AlexTavor

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2017, 08:36:20 PM »

Yeah world of guns is amazing lol. I've used it for reference on my firearms when I was going beyond a field strip to a total dissasembly. Lots of my manuals leave many questions in my head of how to disassemble or reassemble intricate parts that I forgot how they came apart. It's been very helpful to understand my toys. I like being able to compare platforms, their gas systems, and fire control mechanisms. I remeber comparing my tavor to the ak-47 (which is prohibited in Canada and I would never be able to handle) and thinking how similar their operation was to eachother but in different form factors.
Rastoff

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2017, 09:47:11 PM »

Crap like this makes be believe Congress and Trump need to remove a state's ability to regulate firearms and prohibit assault weapons bans and magazine limmits. 
You mean like a federal law preventing the ability of government to limit your ability to own or carry firearms? Huh, if only the founding fathers had thought of that.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
bplvr

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2017, 06:37:19 PM »

Yeah, I was going to go the kydex route, but since we have that removable buttcap I wanted to make something that look like it's part of the gun.

I don't have P/P .Can I send you a Cashiers Check for a black Leftie Tavor grip and a black Leftie safty thumb post ?
 Just reply as a message to me with your address and I'll send it out.
 Thanks in advance.
Jdub765

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2017, 12:00:06 AM »

I don't have P/P .Can I send you a Cashiers Check for a black Leftie Tavor grip and a black Leftie safty thumb post ?
 Just reply as a message to me with your address and I'll send it out.
 Thanks in advance.

Bplvr, I think Shapeways takes credit cards IIRC, do they not? I'm out of town with limited access to internet so I'll try to double check later.
bplvr

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2017, 12:04:24 AM »

every time I use my card on the net it gets hacked and then I hafta get a new one .no more.
Rhino

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2017, 12:42:06 PM »

For what it is, and why it is there, that looks awesome!  I am in Cali as well and have a black kydex wrap, hah...  Make a couple, I'm sure you could sell em.  If the price was right I'd be happy to get one from you when you have it completed.

Edit: Derp, saw the link to order.  No FDE variant, bummer.  Thank you for doing this though and making it available.  Very cool.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 12:46:33 PM by Rhino » Logged
bplvr

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2017, 02:46:38 PM »

If you can get a black lefty and the thumb rest I'll pay you in advance for them.
omgbarndor
New Posting Member

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2017, 11:04:37 PM »

Oh hey this thing works left handed.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length