Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 06:54:05 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  IWI US now selling thin buttpad and short handguard
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: IWI US now selling thin buttpad and short handguard  (Read 14982 times)
Pantera

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2017, 07:17:32 PM »

I received my slim buttplate today. Gotta love IWI US and their fast and track able shipping.

The X-95  measures 26 1/2 " inches with the A2 to the longest point of the buttplate.  Tomorrow I will have it pinned and welded. And the upper attachment plate is metal. Overall well made as we expect from IWI.

JMO but this is how the X-95 was meant to be. The rubber buttplate always seemed to grab my clothes when shouldering it. The slim plate shoulders quicker and fits my shoulder perfectly. And not that it matters from a practical stand point it just looks correct compared to the "door stop" butt plate.  
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 07:20:36 PM by Pantera » Logged
MarkB

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2017, 07:55:11 PM »

Just make sure you want to go with the A2 and not a different muzzle device before you pin it.
Hkbeltfed

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2017, 10:03:53 PM »

They're selling the SBR flat top rail now too...

https://iwi.us/Products/Tavor-X95/Tavor-X95-Spare-Parts/Tavor-X95-SBR-Flattop-Rail.aspx
NEHackettstown

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2017, 12:48:34 PM »

This has been the only plus about New Jersey gun ownership is that by law my muzzle brake has to be pinned and welded.  I just ordered the slim buttpad.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 01:44:38 PM by NEHackettstown » Logged
cabbynate

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2017, 06:09:13 PM »

Even if you get the short barrel with all the goodies they sell a 4 5/8" Muzzle Brake. Pin that to the barrel before installing all the other parts and your good. Get your stamp and remove the long break and rock on.. That's my plan anyway..
https://www.iwi.us/Products/Tavor-X95/Tavor-X95-Spare-Parts/Tavor%C2%AE-SAR-5-56-Aluminum-Muzzle-Brake-4-625.aspx
dissipator16

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2017, 11:07:39 PM »

Yup.  That's how it should be. I'll be selling my manticore buttpad if anyone wants.

Just got her back from getting a standard A2 pinned n welded. Very happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bhunted

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2017, 01:49:39 PM »

This has been the only plus about New Jersey gun ownership is that by law my muzzle brake has to be pinned and welded.  I just ordered the slim buttpad.

Sux don't it? Mine will be here tamale. Can't wait to get out of this hell hole.

Jfoster99

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2017, 10:22:06 PM »

Anyone have a pic of the short forend installed on a rifle? Any thought on putting it on a 16" for looks.
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2017, 01:09:02 AM »

^^^^

Jfoster99

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2017, 07:39:19 AM »

So, unfortunately when I hade my muzzle break Pinned I also had the barrel cut.. without any pad installed the rifle measures a smidge over 25 1/2 inches. It look like the pad adds maybe a 1/4 inch if that....

Any thoughts on adding a small wedge of hard rubber to the top of the pad to make up the difference... I could super glue and potentially drill a hole and rivet it in place.  

To make it look factory made I'd like to cover the entire pad something to give it a homogeneous look... something like the stuff you dip tools into to coat the handle with a rubber/vinyl Grip. But not that specifically. Any suggestions on a coating?

If the whole thing is just a "bad idea"  let me know that as well.  I could alway just cut the existing 2 1/2 inch muzzle break off and pin a 3" break on... but I really like my break..
Jfoster99

« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2017, 07:49:52 AM »

^^^^

It looks like the light is mounted lower then the sight?

Did you install the short rail available from IWI as well?

I'd like the rail to run to the end similar to the stock rail just shorter.
bhunted

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2017, 10:39:17 AM »

So, unfortunately when I hade my muzzle break Pinned I also had the barrel cut.. without any pad installed the rifle measures a smidge over 25 1/2 inches. It look like the pad adds maybe a 1/4 inch if that....

Any thoughts on adding a small wedge of hard rubber to the top of the pad to make up the difference... I could super glue and potentially drill a hole and rivet it in place.   

To make it look factory made I'd like to cover the entire pad something to give it a homogeneous look... something like the stuff you dip tools into to coat the handle with a rubber/vinyl Grip. But not that specifically. Any suggestions on a coating?

If the whole thing is just a "bad idea"  let me know that as well.  I could alway just cut the existing 2 1/2 inch muzzle break off and pin a 3" break on... but I really like my break..

Sounds like a waste of time if you are going to try build it up. Another fellow here sanded down his factory pad. You'd be better off doing that to get it within spec.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2017, 11:00:03 AM »

I agree that it would probably be easier to sand down the stock pad before building up the thin one. If it were mine though, I would cut off the brake and change it.

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
bhunted

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2017, 11:20:08 AM »

I haven't seen too many pinned brakes that could not be drilled out and replaced. First thing I did on my NJ compliant version. Found a brake I wanted then repinned and welded. Eazy peezy. 😏

bhunted

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2017, 11:29:01 AM »

How did you guys remove the two screws for the buttpad? I tried for about a minute and they wouldn't break free

Loctite is on there. A trick I learned years ago with setups like that where you can't break it free. If no heat gun, hair dryer or other form of heat is available, you obviously don't want to melt your stock with a torch.

Get 2 of the proper size screw drivers. Heat the tips of both over a flame on the stove for 5-10 seconds. Put both blades in the screw slots and let them set a few seconds. Then twist. The heat will transfer down through the screws and loosen the Loctite. Quick and easy.

bhunted

« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2017, 03:09:56 PM »

Much more comfortable now. I'm content.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2017, 05:18:41 PM »

That looks SO much better. Keep the pics coming!

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
Pantera

« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2017, 06:35:24 PM »

Huge improvement.

OK guys first time posting a pic. How do you get it full size instead of as an attachment ?

* Tavor X95.JPG (705.26 KB, 1632x1224 - viewed 157 times.)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 07:11:44 PM by Pantera » Logged
Brianschwarm

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2017, 09:48:02 AM »

The thin butt plate made a huge difference in the look and feel of my X95 SBR.

How did you make your fore end that short?
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2017, 12:04:20 PM »

^^ he cut the original down.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length