Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2014, 05:04:04 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News: The 3rd Annual  BULLPUP CONVENTION                                              27 - 28 September, 2014                               Rockcastle Shooting Center, Park City, KY                              Saturday Ė Manufacturers Showcase and Live Shoot                                Sunday Ė The Bullpup Challenge                              See you there!!                

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
Brownells . . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . . . . . . . FFL123.com . . . carhartt . . . K & M Arms
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  All other Bullpup Shotguns
| | |-+  Has anyone thought about the Ithica-37?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Has anyone thought about the Ithica-37?  (Read 4962 times)
MadMichigander1313

« on: October 13, 2012, 07:20:06 PM »

I am just wondering if anyone has thought about a kit using the Ithica Model-37 for a bullpup conversion.  A really crazy option is one that would use 2x Model-37s side by side with a replacement trigger and Selectable pump.  Just stirring the pot...   Grin
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 10:28:23 PM »

That's the bottom ejecting shotgun, right?!

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
bullpup45

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 11:08:32 PM »

Although the 37 is bottom eject, due to the fact you cannot put an extended magazine on it, I donít think that many people would be interested, and due to the numbers out there are very low compaired to others , and the number of kits you would have to sell,  I donít think it would be profitable to do a kit
johnny9
Bullpup Fanatic

jack of all trades,master of none!

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 01:26:46 PM »

the light weight 37 is a great shotty for sure,but for bullpup id rather it be an 870 Cool

get r done
rob_hay
New Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 10:41:43 AM »

Been lurking about the forums researching the Tavor, but then spotted this thread...

In an effort to learn Sketchup CAD software several years ago for architectural purposes, I decided instead to explore the M37 as a coach gun for law, ranch and home mobility. Being left handed, ambidextrous was primary.

Here are some pics of the HayMaker with several variants at early and late stage cad development, seems very doable with some paths more robust and elegant: best path would modify receiver by Ithica (or capable smith) to integrate a slide-push bar trigger link behind (or near) spring shell stop. The slide bar would work both directions as bolt (breach block) release and trigger link. Primary safety being on-trigger to avoid impact shock to trigger link leading to misfire (curious how Tavor Handles this issue other than massive trigger pull); also that the HD could be used as glass-break (vehicle etc) and battering tool for breaching or nonlethal clubbing.

A few benefits with extruded aluminum shroud concept: internal sliding recoil reduction, fully integrated suppression, AR grip compatibility, conceal-ability due to slim design, century-old battle tested part, integration provides avenue for quick barrel swapping, nonlethal ammo options.... etc.

Anyway, these cad files are collecting years of dust, so here's a bit of open source brainstorming, prior arte, for those interested.  

p.s. the primary part used for concept is the Defender 20", by Ithica Sandusky, Ohio. CAD concept length: 26.5".

* perspective.JPG (78.47 KB, 1446x733 - viewed 135 times.)

* right.JPG (65.68 KB, 1778x615 - viewed 126 times.)

* front.JPG (36.71 KB, 360x1029 - viewed 108 times.)

* Trigger_Bolt Release Linkage Full Shroud Variant.JPG (83.22 KB, 1737x874 - viewed 140 times.)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 05:01:26 PM by rob_hay » Logged
Gear Head
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 11:38:28 AM »

Rob, I like it! I also started off in Google Sketchup and now use Autodesk Inventor. While the Ithaca isn't as widely available it doesn't make good financial sense to produce a conversion stock for it unfortunately.

Did you ever build one for yourself? I have an Ithaca myself and agree it would be the best for a conversion if it were widely available. Plus it has the ability to keep firing without releasing the trigger. Just keep pumping!

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.
kamui34

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 09:58:27 PM »

Where would you find an Ithaca these days? This interests me.
buckmeister

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 07:58:24 AM »

Doesn't Savage make a clone (320 or 350)? Cheaper, steel receiver, and dual bars.

buckmeister
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length