Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 07:09:15 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  Tomorrow's big-game hunting rifle: Short, compact, with long-range capability
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Tomorrow's big-game hunting rifle: Short, compact, with long-range capability  (Read 9277 times)
photog22740
^

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2017, 09:55:48 AM »

And what scope mount?  Looks very sturdy and bomb-proof.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2017, 07:28:09 PM »

https://deserttech.com/accessories.php?c=Scope%20Mounts...courtesy of coldbore
BrianK

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2017, 12:54:12 AM »

I don't know that I'd ever use the MDR for hunting. I have traditionally stocked .308 carbines that are lighter  and shoot under 1 MOA. Sure they're bolt actions, but only the first shot really counts anyway.
Whoops

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2017, 03:09:47 AM »

I don't know that I'd ever use the MDR for hunting. I have traditionally stocked .308 carbines that are lighter  and shoot under 1 MOA. Sure they're bolt actions, but only the first shot really counts anyway.

real hunters spray 'n' pray
BrianK

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2017, 09:28:36 AM »

And take a bottle with them and take sound shots.
Siris

« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2017, 03:40:57 PM »

I don't know that I'd ever use the MDR for hunting. I have traditionally stocked .308 carbines that are lighter  and shoot under 1 MOA. Sure they're bolt actions, but only the first shot really counts anyway.

And take a bottle with them and take sound shots.

Hunt with your rpg-7, it cleans and cooks the deer simultaneously for you, highly efficient
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:52:03 PM by Siris » Logged

What ever happened to Democrat meaning drunken partying and pistol duels on the white house lawn, beating your would be assassin so senseless your security has to protect them from you, and one of your only two regrets is that you didn't kill your own vice president and running mate.
photog22740
^

« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2017, 03:59:31 PM »

https://deserttech.com/accessories.php?c=Scope%20Mounts...courtesy of coldbore

Thanks HBeretta
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2017, 05:56:36 PM »

CAP1400

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2017, 07:26:50 PM »

Dammit, this thread may as well be called blueballing to the max    Grin
SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2017, 11:00:25 PM »

Tomorrow's big-game hunting rifle: Short, compact, with long-range capability . . . which doubles as a mean fighting machine, in close-quarters defense scenarios ---

Ouborat7

« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2017, 02:38:39 AM »

I think I prefer the black FDE look. Anyway for me to get one of those instead of FDE?
SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2017, 03:32:29 AM »

Appropriate color and gear to suit the mission ---

Ascinder
^

« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2017, 04:26:29 AM »

This thread makes me wonder how possible it would be to dye the plastic parts. According to this thread it looks doable:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_17/484089_Next_time_I_ll_try_Yellow_on_the_PMAG__ROUND_3__looks_like_FDE_is_the_best_host__SUMMARY.html

I think I may try for grey plastic/tan upper if/when the MDR ever shows up.
Radius13
^

« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2017, 07:55:49 AM »

I probably don't have to state the obvious in here, but may I recommend "practicing" with the fore grip first as that can be replaced with relatively little cost.

I really wouldn't want to end up seeing one of y'all end up with an unintentionally pink MDR. We have waited too long for it to end up like that. Wink

That is all.
Steelviper
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2017, 10:34:11 AM »

Me it is all about 5 things in this order
1: .308!!! (for me another 5.56 bullpup is just white noise and hard to compete against the big three Fs2000, AUG, and TAVOR)
2: Company Reputation: quality, precision, reliability, also you can through in Ethics too with the Pakistan thing
3: WEIGHT: a 7.5 pound .308 auto is earth shattering in any platform, in a bullpup it changes the whole game.
4: Accuracy: a free float barrel, yes free float in a bullpup? I want to shake the genius hand who figured how to do that. And a great trigger having to add a spring to make it heavier for LE/ home defense!
5: caliber conversion: for me just icing on the cake don't really need it I love the .308 but a possible 7.62x39 conversion gives me a way to practice on the super cheap.

For me a huge fan of bullpups and .308 has left me with just one choice the RFB. Which I own but an accurate super reliable .308 bullpup is my dream.

I posted this three years ago I can stand by most of it. But can't call a short action 8+ lb rifle a "hunting rifle" it weighs closer to my .338 BAR than a svelte .308 hunting rifle.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 10:35:59 AM by Steelviper » Logged
coldboremiracle

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2017, 11:11:02 AM »

You guys asked for pictures, so Im taking as many as I can.

The first shot, is worth all the rest.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT

I work for Desert Tech, happy to help wherever I can.
BrianK

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2017, 12:03:25 PM »

I posted this three years ago I can stand by most of it. But can't call a short action 8+ lb rifle a "hunting rifle" it weighs closer to my .338 BAR than a svelte .308 hunting rifle.
I'm already on record agreeing with you. A hunting rifle is carried a lot and only fired once in hunting or at least mine are. It's exactly why I started hunting with a handgun. Now if I hunted from a stand or some such, weight is meaningless, but in the Maine woods I want as little weight as possible. I "still hunt" which is anything but being still. It's moving quietly and silently. I shoot deer either in their bed, or just waking up wiping the sleepers out of their eyes and wondering what it was that alerted them. For that I want light weight. My shots are maybe 30 yards maximum. Plus I didn't buy the .308 version, but 5.56 with a .300 BLK conversion. They should kick about like a .22 with that weight with a 30mm scope added. (yes, I know 5.56 IS a .22  Grin ).
Chief Master

« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2017, 05:25:45 PM »

Please don't stop...it hurts so good!!!
Ascinder
^

« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2017, 12:42:00 AM »

Don't stop now! They're great. The two tone should definitely have been a preorder option.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2017, 09:18:58 PM »

Don't stop now! They're great. The two tone should definitely have been a preorder option.

QFT

Amen to this!

Kurt
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length