Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 25, 2017, 04:29:26 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:        2017 SHOT Show       -       16 through 20, January, 2017       -       Sands Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Steyr AUG AUG icon
| | | |-+  20/20 sear and the AUG trigger pull
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 20/20 sear and the AUG trigger pull  (Read 218 times)
desertmoon

« on: February 16, 2017, 09:32:14 PM »

A fast question:

for those of you running 20/20 Sears...how did it change the trigger pull?

My AUG has a hefty but VERY crisp trigger pull.  I'd personally rather have a heavy crisp trigger than a light mooshy one.

I was goofing around with an MSAR with a prototype trigger pack that used mostly metal components and the trigger pull was light but just mooshy and indistinct.  It reminded me of an AK or Galil trigger.  It turned me off really quickly.

Does the 20/20 change the trigger to a mooshy feel or does it just give you a better perceivedfeel or a "lighter" trigger?

mpd3285
^

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 09:52:02 PM »

Feels lighter, short and crisp, smoother. Reduced overtravel. Its a good mod if you can find one and have the cash.  I havent put it on the trigger gauge, but would say it feels like 6 -7 lbs.  Ive got a HTM, and Neu-trigger in other packs, stopped using my Trigger Tamers.  While not as cheap as a Neutrigger, this is a much better feel.  The HTM is nice for different reasons, but has more travel and over travel than the 20/20. I leave the 20/20 in my A2/USR style pack with my 20" barrel AUG.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 10:08:22 PM by mpd3285 » Logged

Steyr AUG= Austrian combat Legos since 1977.
Why SBR when you can AUG?! - Haven't we been taxed enough already?
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 09:55:28 PM »

Have one in my AUG.  There is no mushiness.  It doesn't even approach my Shooting Sight unit in my Tavor, but it shortened pull and made the break much more precise and predictable.  I would like something like a Geissele or SS in my AUG, but without the 20/20 sear I would have bailed on my AUG.  That's my take.
maleante
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 10:49:56 PM »

I'll keep my comment short and to the point: Crisp and short with no mush.

The best thing you can do to your AUG is put a 2020 TSM in it.
desertmoon

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 08:36:35 PM »

Thanks, Guys!  That puts a smile on my face!!!
LazyEngineer

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 02:28:57 PM »

I'll keep my comment short and to the point: Crisp and short with no mush.

The best thing you can do to your AUG is put a 2020 TSM in it.

This.  It's currently the best available option; but not the best that can be done.  Until someone makes a crisp 2-stage trigger commercially available (beyond promotional come-ons); then the 2020 sear is your best option.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length