Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2017, 07:15:21 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:        2017 NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits       -       27 through 30, April, 2017       -       Atlanta, Georgia

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  K&M Arms M17S 5.56 and .308
| | |-+  M17S Reviews
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: M17S Reviews  (Read 5127 times)
SkirmishAblated

« on: February 16, 2017, 06:33:36 PM »

I've only seen a handful of reviews on the M17S, and no more than two for the 308 version. There's been nothing that has gone into detail about accuracy or reliability, and the following review noted that the rifle fired unexpectedly when the bolt release was engaged!

http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/02/gun-test-km-arms-m17s-carbine/

I keep hoping for some in-depth testing by one of the more notable youtubers or publications. Has anyone seen anything like that, maybe something that just flew under my radar? Ken, are there any plans to get a rifle in the hands of some of the more well-known youtubers?

Thanks.
srfnken
^

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 06:56:58 PM »

Currently hank strange has one. https://www.full30.com/video/b71ac83f886c64ae998e69329480205f  He is supposed to do some more videos but have not seen any yet.

And there is currently one at gunsamerica that will release a video and write up.

The instance you mention of the rifle fired unexpectedly when the bolt release was engaged, notice in the article that they tried several times to get it to happen again and could not.  Do not know what the issue was but when I got the rifle back I tried several time and nothing.  Also did the shooter have his hand on the trigger when he dropped the release???  And actually pulled the great smooth trigger?  I do not know.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 07:01:12 PM by srfnken » Logged
SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 07:20:09 PM »

A Bullpup That Does Not Suck? The K&M Arms M17S .308- Full Report (http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/bullpup-not-suck-km-arms-m17s-308-full-review/)
srfnken
^

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 08:13:32 PM »

Well if that does not make you want to buy one, I don't know what else to do.
SkirmishAblated

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 08:36:48 PM »

Strong review! Answers virtually all of the questions I had. Thanks for posting!
issues

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 11:39:31 AM »

Very cool review and at the same time, very sad for us lefties.
SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 03:25:29 AM »

I've only seen a handful of reviews on the M17S, and no more than two for the 308 version. There's been nothing that has gone into detail about accuracy or reliability, and the following review noted that the rifle fired unexpectedly when the bolt release was engaged!

http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/02/gun-test-km-arms-m17s-carbine/
. . .

From the Daily Caller review, Gun Test: K&M Arms M17S Carbine ---

The question that came to mind, Does the K&M Arms M17S Firing Pin have a retaining spring?

The results of my research:

No Firing Pin Spring shown in the exploded diagram;
Under Part Number and description, "Firing Pin Spring (deleted 1998)."

(http://www.kmaerospace.com/M17s%20Mods%20-%20OEM%20Replacement%20Parts.shtml)

(http://www.kmaerospace.com/M17s%20Mods%20-%20Other%20Items.shtml)

Perhaps, srfnken can clarify.

srfnken
^

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 09:17:04 AM »

Clearly you do not know what you are talking about as my platform does indeed have a firing pin spring and it is shown in my schematic.  This section is for the K&M ARMS platform not the bushmaster platform.  And the above quote from the NRA magazine has already been explained above.
SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 03:02:39 PM »

. . .  And the above quote from the NRA magazine has already been explained above.

Thank you for clarifying the firing pin spring question. Now. what quote from the NRA magazine and what explanation are you referring to in this Thread?
srfnken
^

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 03:09:22 PM »

The screen shot you posted is from NRA shooting illustrated.  It is reposted by the dailycaller.
SkirmishAblated

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 03:15:36 PM »

What's with the comments section in that article? The review was very solid, but suddenly everyone is coming up with reasons to dislike it? Tough crowd!
srfnken
^

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 03:17:42 PM »

Bullpup  haters.
SkirmishAblated

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 03:24:44 PM »

I guess so! Btw Ken, what ammo have you found to work really well I. Your 308? I'm looking into stocking up now...I know the article mentioned the Sig 168 grain, but I'm going for a little more variety.
SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 03:28:28 PM »

The screen shot you posted is from NRA shooting illustrated.  It is reposted by the dailycaller.

Now, what quote from the NRA magazine and which explanation are you referring to in this thread?
srfnken
^

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2017, 03:28:44 PM »

Sorry, I do not have a suggestion for you.  You will have to see what works best in your rifle.
SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2017, 04:44:09 PM »

. . .  And the above quote from the NRA magazine has already been explained above.

Thank you for clarifying the firing pin spring question. Now. what quote from the NRA magazine and what explanation are you referring to in this Thread?

To reiterate: Now, what quote from the NRA magazine and what explanation are you referring to in the Thread?
srfnken
^

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2017, 04:54:22 PM »

To reiterate: Now, what quote from the NRA magazine and what explanation are you referring to in the Thread?

You posted this, screen shot from above and I had already answered it in the second post of this thread.  So not quite sure why you were bringing it back up again.  As stated earlier this is a screen shot you took from the NRA article which was re posted by the daily caller.

* Capture.JPG (70.2 KB, 913x346 - viewed 20 times.)
SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2017, 05:06:43 PM »

Perhaps, you would be good enough to quote the explanation you are referring to.

SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2017, 05:41:35 PM »

. . . You posted this, screen shot from above and I had already answered it in the second post of this thread. . .

. . . The instance you mention of the rifle fired unexpectedly when the bolt release was engaged, notice in the article that they tried several times to get it to happen again and could not.  Do not know what the issue was but when I got the rifle back I tried several time and nothing.  Also did the shooter have his hand on the trigger when he dropped the release???  And actually pulled the great smooth trigger?  I do not know.

Personally, I see this response as a diversion tactic to avoid the serious issue of a slam-fire: the unintentional firing of a firearm, in this case, without serious consequences.
srfnken
^

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2017, 05:49:56 PM »

. . . You posted this, screen shot from above and I had already answered it in the second post of this thread. . .

. . . The instance you mention of the rifle fired unexpectedly when the bolt release was engaged, notice in the article that they tried several times to get it to happen again and could not.  Do not know what the issue was but when I got the rifle back I tried several time and nothing.  Also did the shooter have his hand on the trigger when he dropped the release???  And actually pulled the great smooth trigger?  I do not know.

Personally, I see this response as a diversion tactic to avoid the serious issue of a slam-fire: the unintentional firing of a firearm, in this case, without serious consequences.

REALLY?Huh?Huh??  ARE YOU TOO LAZY TO SCROLL TO THE SECOND POST IN THIS THREAD AND READ MY RESPONSE?  I know you have been called out by others on this site in other threads for your repost and quoting yourself.  No need to come at me like this.  I don't need to quote myself if it is already written.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length