Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2017, 08:23:33 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  Is the DT Micro Dynamic Rifle the best auto-loading Bullpup design, to date?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Is the DT Micro Dynamic Rifle the best auto-loading Bullpup design, to date?  (Read 4760 times)
Daring 6

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2017, 09:23:18 PM »

At the end of the day, everyone has his/her opinion and will be able to express that with the way his/her money is spent. But it seems like a number of people wanted the MDR to fulfill all of its most aggressive goals to the T, without sacrificing an ounce or an inch in any area - and they wanted this all to happen in less than a year, with the final MSRP being lower than anything else on the market. Of course, I want all of these to happen too. But if I'm being at all honest with myself, I know that those expectations are simply not realistic. And that doesn't make Desert Tech bad, immoral, or malicious - it just makes them human.

i guess it does make them human...after all humans lie, cheat, steal, kill, etc...  let's not leave out how many of us may of came to these expectations...marketing or in particular DT marketing...the promises...guarantees...data points...7.3 lbs on website one minute to TBD the next...and so on.  should we not believe a company of notoriety on the precision rifle side of the market with innovative products venturing out to a new platform who apparently have proven successful?  

i don't think it's so much that people wanted the MDR to meet the aggressive goals DT set out...it's more about people wanting DT to make good on their word.  pre-ordering vaporware is a mistake in my book, but a lot of people committed to DT's brand and subsequently product guarantees as they rolled out the pre-order program.  of course, it would appear to many at this point that DT's arrogance stole the show leaving those who did preorder feeling like they've been suckered.

clearly, DT are experts in the precision rifle arena.  it remains to be seen if their higher standard carries over to the bullpup side of the market.  i just hope it's not like when michael jordan transitioned to baseball.  bad analogy...i know, but damn i don't want the MDR ending up like his baseball career.  

I agree  Cool
coldboremiracle

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2017, 12:10:35 PM »

clearly, DT are experts in the precision rifle arena.  it remains to be seen if their higher standard carries over to the bullpup side of the market.
All Desert Tech rifles are bullpups, its the only side of the market for DT.

The first shot, is worth all the rest.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT

I work for Desert Tech, happy to help wherever I can.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2017, 02:36:25 PM »

clearly, DT are experts in the precision rifle arena.  it remains to be seen if their higher standard carries over to the bullpup side of the market.
All Desert Tech rifles are bullpups, its the only side of the market for DT.

Understated...to be specific...gas operated bullpup side of the market.

Coldbore...the MDR is the s*** isn't it?...feed the pigeons.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:06:01 PM by HBeretta » Logged
coldboremiracle

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2017, 05:13:58 PM »

The MDR is awesome, I love shooting it. Cant wait to take one home.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT

HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2017, 06:23:12 PM »

...what i figured man.  the recent b&w footage of you shooting the two-tone...handled smoothly; for me it squashes the recoil bug going around.  
coldboremiracle

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2017, 11:58:33 AM »

...what i figured man.  the recent b&w footage of you shooting the two-tone...handled smoothly; for me it squashes the recoil bug going around.  
There is no recoil bug. There is recoil, and there is technique. The recoil is not bad at all considering what it is. The people who shot it, and make it look like a 458SC, are just new to shooting the gun, and have no idea how to handle it, (or operate it for that matter "cough cough Hank" Cheesy). With or without a break, with or without a can, it is not that hard to operate the gun just fine. Ive had women who weighed 90 lbs soaking wet shoot it, and while it did push her around a bit, she loved it, and came back for more. It just takes a bit to get used to a new platform.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT

SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2017, 12:30:58 PM »

Bottom Line: When compared to all other auto-loading Bullpup rifles on the market, today, the Deseret Tech Micro Dynamic Rifle is the  only  design offering a ride to the future: I'll take it ---

Thank you, Nick Young !
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 12:50:40 PM by SHORT-N-SASSY » Logged
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2017, 04:23:16 PM »

There is no recoil bug. There is recoil, and there is technique. The recoil is not bad at all considering what it is. The people who shot it, and make it look like a 458SC, are just new to shooting the gun, and have no idea how to handle it, (or operate it for that matter "cough cough Hank" Cheesy). With or without a break, with or without a can, it is not that hard to operate the gun just fine. Ive had women who weighed 90 lbs soaking wet shoot it, and while it did push her around a bit, she loved it, and came back for more. It just takes a bit to get used to a new platform.

"Recoil bug going around" meaning it's been a topic on various media forums....not implying the gun literally has a recoil bug.

As I mentioned your recent footage shows it kicks similar to an RFB or ace762...at least to me anyway, which is good.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 05:59:37 PM by HBeretta » Logged
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2017, 10:37:58 PM »

Bottom Line: When compared to all other auto-loading Bullpup rifles on the market, today, the Deseret Tech Micro Dynamic Rifle is the  only  design offering a ride to the future: I'll take it ---

The others are at least on the market, until the MDR is in the hands of consumers it's all just speculation and personal opinion.

AE
Steelviper
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2017, 02:51:32 PM »

Yes soon design will meet the cold hard realm of reality with unfettered input of users well outside the control of the designer. Let's see if the "greatest design" can hold up to reality not just conjecture and the laboratory.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 09:21:29 PM by Steelviper » Logged
Whoops

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2017, 06:01:57 PM »

My piston AR, loaded, is close to 10 lbs with no accessories other than backup iron sights.
jesus christ why?
in 5.56?
SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2017, 06:45:55 PM »

. . . The MDR is a bit of a different animal. Desert Tech is trying/tried to bring a number of revolutionary features together into a single platform . . .

In short: Desert Tech is out to break the mold, with their upcoming Micro Dynamic Rifle.
Steelviper
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2017, 09:25:03 PM »

My piston AR, loaded, is close to 10 lbs with no accessories other than backup iron sights.
jesus christ why?
in 5.56?

Yeah everyone raved about the HK416, I mean for awhile it was the go to carbine of the SEALs, but the thing is a cow! Sure it was an overbuilt Piston AR, but at the cost of serious weight. Definitely not what I'm looking for.
SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2017, 09:53:07 PM »

. . . until the MDR is in the hands of consumers it's all just speculation and personal opinion.

AE

And, A-n-t-i-c-i-p-a-t-i-o-n !

Whoops

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2017, 04:35:29 AM »

. . . until the MDR is in the hands of consumers it's all just speculation and personal opinion.

AE

And, A-n-t-i-c-i-p-a-t-i-o-n !

Are your posts some sort of meme I'm not getting? You remind me of a poster on another forum I visit. Your name isn't by any chance Chris is it?
SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2017, 01:16:09 PM »

(http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=11290.msg115524#msg115524)
SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2017, 01:41:43 PM »

I'm looking forward to a Desert Tech MDR.308-K&M Arms M17S.308-Kel-Tec RFB.308 shootout, using quality ammunition.
INV136

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2017, 02:15:56 PM »

The others are at least on the market, until the MDR is in the hands of consumers it's all just speculation and personal opinion.    AE   

Jeesh. Give it a break. Read what he wrote again:  "the Desert Tech Micro Dynamic Rifle is the only design offering a ride to the future: I'll take it ---"   Nowhere did he write that it is available now. Just that the concept "offers" a ride to the future. I've got a ticket to that bus also. You can sit in the back of the next bus. Wink

LockeCTH
^

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2017, 05:01:15 PM »

jesus christ why?
in 5.56?

5.56. That's just how it came. Part of the extra weight is the piston, and I bought it several years ago when long quad rails were all the rage, so that's probably most of the rest of it. I could swap the quad rail, but the weight I'd save isn't worth the money I'd spend.
Whoops

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2017, 06:22:12 PM »

That doesn't answer my question.

I'm fairly excited about the MDR but your posts are weird and clickbait-esque. Add too that the heavy use of pictures or screencaps we have all seen before or have access with 3-4 clicks, I don't get what the point in doing what you're doing is. HOWEVER, feel free to continue, I just thought may be there was a continuing in joke I was missing. TBH if the clickbait titles weren't at play I wouldn't care.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length