Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 25, 2017, 04:29:07 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:        2017 SHOT Show       -       16 through 20, January, 2017       -       Sands Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  FS Threads in Tavor Forum
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Who thinks FS Threads Need to Go in General Forum (Comments Welcome)
Yes   -9 (50%)
No   -9 (50%)
Total Voters: 18

Author Topic: FS Threads in Tavor Forum  (Read 690 times)
Rick53
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: February 12, 2017, 11:10:28 AM »

IMO the number of FS threads in the Tavor Forum are getting ridiculous. It's getting to where anything you've tossed on your Tavor and now want to sell is taking over the discussion Threads. Constructive Comments welcome
MarkB

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 11:42:29 AM »

There needs to be a separate section for "Classifieds" as on several other forums.  This will remove the clutter of all FS posts from the technical and general forums and keep all FS posts in one place.
MattyGuns

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 11:56:18 AM »

This website is BEGGING for a Classified/ For Sale Section.
wbpo5l

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 12:19:30 PM »

The site does need a for sale section but I'm not seeing all the for sale post you speak of. In fact, except for the group buys, I'm only seeing one on my first page.
Rick53
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 12:21:42 PM »

The site does need a for sale section but I'm not seeing all the for sale post you speak of. In fact, except for the group buys, I'm only seeing one on my first page.
1??? Maybe they went to page 2 already. I believe there was at least 4 maybe 5 : I'm sure a FS Thread has been considered. Is there some retired guy that wants to volunteer to moderate it? *My guess is there's nobody who wants to take time to moderate* 
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 12:23:59 PM by Rick53 » Logged
ole442

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 02:02:27 PM »

There needs to be a separate section for "Classifieds" as on several other forums.  This will remove the clutter of all FS posts from the technical and general forums and keep all FS posts in one place.

Either that or allow nothing to be sold or traded on this site.

"Ted Kennedy's car killed more people than my gun"

Ancient hatreds & modern weapons - that's my kind of show...George Carlin
Apache
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 02:27:01 PM »

This website is BEGGING for a Classified/ For Sale Section.

+1

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Sine Missione
Rick53
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 04:05:59 PM »

After Posting this Thread I got to thinking Why Jon allows it as is. If he makes a separate Forum it becomes open for anyone to post anything FS they desire> The way it is now limits that . If I could delete the Thread I probably would.
MarkB

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2017, 04:46:27 PM »

The "Classified" section should be limited to firearms and parts, etc.  No non-shooting or firearm posts should be allowed.  Just restrict it to the forum sub-forum caragories in this forum. 
Apache
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2017, 07:53:31 PM »

After Posting this Thread I got to thinking Why Jon allows it as is. If he makes a separate Forum it becomes open for anyone to post anything FS they desire> The way it is now limits that . If I could delete the Thread I probably would.

Not true ...

All he has to do is make a new For Sale Forum where only firearm related guns and parts relevant to this Site are allowed. We set up the AK Forum that way over ten years ago and it's run fine ever since ...

Sine Missione
cghelton

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2017, 09:55:20 PM »

Yeah, I just joined recently and felt it kinda odd everything was lumped together.
First time I can recall seeing this anywhere. Wink

+1 for a separate FS forum.
e-money

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2017, 11:16:52 PM »

Seems like posts on this forum are slowing down. I say keep them here.
Rick53
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2017, 09:38:31 AM »

Not true ...

All he has to do is make a new For Sale Forum where only firearm related guns and parts relevant to this Site are allowed. We set up the AK Forum that way over ten years ago and it's run fine ever since ...
It still needs a Moderator : And you have to find someone who doesn't let Power go to their head
Apache
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2017, 02:56:06 PM »

Not that hard to moderate, one guy checking up on it once a day would do it. This Site isn't that busy ...

Sine Missione
Tommytavor

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2017, 12:32:40 AM »

It is easier to view everything Tavor here in one area, then to skip around.  This sight isn't that busy.
Thom
Mikelindsey

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2017, 11:47:21 AM »

I don't think there is that many.  Keep them here for now
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2017, 12:42:22 PM »

I'm with Mark B. and Apache.  Other gun forums use the "for sale" or "classifieds" format with great success.  On some days the "for sale" stuff outnumbers the discussion material. 

Yes, this is a slow moving forum/site, and there's nothing wrong with that.  However, having sales posts compartmentalized is a smoother more "honest" method.  If you let it go the way it is, it can turn into a magnet for constant sales trolling from all kinds of sources.

This is a natural progression of a gun that has become quite popular with decently high sales numbers, and that's why we're seeing an increase in this type of activity.  While going either way probably isn't the end of the world, I'm finding that it's becoming annoying to some degree.
Little_Dog

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2017, 10:31:08 PM »

I voted not to split them. For now it is ok to me. If it grows I might change my opinion but I like having one place instead of having to check more than one place.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length