Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 23, 2017, 06:15:52 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:        2017 SHOT Show       -       16 through 20, January, 2017       -       Sands Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  What will become of us once the MDR is released?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: What will become of us once the MDR is released?  (Read 1918 times)
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2017, 08:27:38 PM »

I'd like to make a simple request from those who are going to accuracy test the MDR and post the results...please perform and post a similar accuracy test from your current preferred semi-auto (AR, Tavor, etc.) for comparison. 

Kurt
Steelviper
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2017, 09:01:31 PM »

I'd like to make a simple request from those who are going to accuracy test the MDR and post the results...please perform and post a similar accuracy test from your current preferred semi-auto (AR, Tavor, etc.) for comparison. 

I'll try giving you a comparative RFB vs MDR vs Accurized heavy barrel AR (223 Wylde). I suspect it will land between the two. I'll shoot same scope same ammo through the RFB and MDR probably be 168gr Amax, unless I can my hands on the new 178gr ELD-X.
Siris

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2017, 04:39:08 PM »

was suddenly thinking and was reminded of this....think this will pretty much sum up everyone at some point here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g5p6b-ZZ5Y

What ever happened to Democrat meaning drunken partying and pistol duels on the white house lawn, beating your would be assassin so senseless your security has to protect them from you, and one of your only two regrets is that you didn't kill your own vice president and running mate.
Ditcher
^

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2017, 08:12:23 PM »

was suddenly thinking and was reminded of this....think this will pretty much sum up everyone at some point here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g5p6b-ZZ5Y

Lol remember watching that a few years ago.  Its still funny.
sampitt

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2017, 08:52:52 AM »

Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2017, 11:12:27 AM »

All those these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

AE
INV136

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2017, 01:06:11 PM »

I feel like after all this time, the following of the development of the DT MDR has taken on a cult following in and of itself. Many people have been waiting so long, that they have turned the 'waiting and following' itself into a hobby. It's like a person who becomes addicted to the addiction/treatment of a loved one. Once the loved one finally and fully recovers from alcoholism(for example), the family member feels a sense of unexplainable loss. 

I expect that many of us will also feel that same sense of loss once the MDR is finally released, no matter how great the rifle turns out. That will mark the end to the following of announcements, discussions and speculations regarding capabilities of tests. For many, the fantasy is more important than the object being fantasized about. What do we wait for once there is nothing left to wait for?

I imagine many people here might leave to find other long-term development projects to wait on. Others might remain trying to maintain the same debates and speculation (Kind of like being in denial of the death of a spouse).

How do you think having the MDR in hand will affect you? Positively, negatively?

Thoughts?

I'll be happy to have the gun in hand.  However, I think that there will be a small, very vocal element that will find every little thing possible to complain about and then make sure the world knows their displeasure.  I don't think that this is something they set out to do, or even wanted to do, but we all have our expectations that have been building over the past couple years and I'm not sure whether the reality of the final product will ever be enough to satisfy them. 

I respectfully disagree. I've read comments on this site and other forums regarding the MDR from individuals which indicate that they never pre-ordered and probably never intended to ever buy an MDR, but, they still have the gall to make snide, stupid remarks regarding a product that they have no vested (pre-order) interest in. They have no dog in this fight yet they feel the need to continually make their immature observations which no one vested in this cares about. Kind of like the liberals on other gun forums that perpetually bashed candidate Donald Trump before he was elected and continue to bash him after he was elected and has accomplished more than many expected he would in 1 year much less 3 weeks. I tend to believe these people are undercover democrats trolling gun forums.  Hopefully after the MDR is released these babies with have their nana's change their soiled diapers and stop the all whining. Put those babies to sleep already! Roll Eyes
Whoops

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2017, 05:28:39 PM »

I feel like after all this time, the following of the development of the DT MDR has taken on a cult following in and of itself. Many people have been waiting so long, that they have turned the 'waiting and following' itself into a hobby. It's like a person who becomes addicted to the addiction/treatment of a loved one. Once the loved one finally and fully recovers from alcoholism(for example), the family member feels a sense of unexplainable loss. 

I expect that many of us will also feel that same sense of loss once the MDR is finally released, no matter how great the rifle turns out. That will mark the end to the following of announcements, discussions and speculations regarding capabilities of tests. For many, the fantasy is more important than the object being fantasized about. What do we wait for once there is nothing left to wait for?

I imagine many people here might leave to find other long-term development projects to wait on. Others might remain trying to maintain the same debates and speculation (Kind of like being in denial of the death of a spouse).

How do you think having the MDR in hand will affect you? Positively, negatively?

Thoughts?

I'll be happy to have the gun in hand.  However, I think that there will be a small, very vocal element that will find every little thing possible to complain about and then make sure the world knows their displeasure.  I don't think that this is something they set out to do, or even wanted to do, but we all have our expectations that have been building over the past couple years and I'm not sure whether the reality of the final product will ever be enough to satisfy them. 

I respectfully disagree. I've read comments on this site and other forums regarding the MDR from individuals which indicate that they never pre-ordered and probably never intended to ever buy an MDR, but, they still have the gall to make snide, stupid remarks regarding a product that they have no vested (pre-order) interest in. They have no dog in this fight yet they feel the need to continually make their immature observations which no one vested in this cares about. Kind of like the liberals on other gun forums that perpetually bashed candidate Donald Trump before he was elected and continue to bash him after he was elected and has accomplished more than many expected he would in 1 year much less 3 weeks. I tend to believe these people are undercover democrats trolling gun forums.  Hopefully after the MDR is released these babies with have their nana's change their soiled diapers and stop the all whining. Put those babies to sleep already! Roll Eyes

Do you have a paranoia disorder?
er98ah
^

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2017, 11:10:25 PM »

i think you need to put the mdr to your head, and die happy.

Thoughts?

HybridKid

Molon Labe!!

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2017, 11:00:29 AM »

Hopefully all the crying and tantrums will stop and be replaced by constructive information and feedback. Wink 

Thanks and Be Safe.
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2017, 08:18:01 PM »

Better hit the gym lol

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2017, 08:33:48 PM »

Hopefully all the crying and tantrums will stop and be replaced by constructive information and feedback. Wink  

http://www.newseum.org/exhibits/online/yes-virginia/

Wink Cheesy Grin

Kurt
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length