Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2017, 01:51:19 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  K&M Arms M17S 5.56 and .308
| | |-+  M17S 308 Recoil
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: M17S 308 Recoil  (Read 2504 times)
SkirmishAblated

« on: February 10, 2017, 01:20:34 PM »

Trying to get a sense of the 308 version...any owners care to comment on the recoil?

Wondering if I should be making plans to purchase a brake or suppressor.

Thanks!
srfnken
^

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 02:20:38 PM »

You can find some footage here of me shooting it so you can see the recoil in action.
http://www.kmarms.com/videos.html
SkirmishAblated

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 02:42:09 PM »

Thanks Ken!

That brake in the first video looks like it tames the kick pretty effectively. What make/model is that? Would it be possible to include that when shipping the rifle?
srfnken
^

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 03:34:03 PM »

They call that one a TriDelta Muzzle Brake 5/8-24 Thread.  The only place I could find them was on ebay.  I had a previous customer said it was one of the best for recoil reduction.  And for the price its great.  But for a bullpup it is not so great.  On the top of the brake there are holes that allow for gas to escape to minimize muzzle rise.  What I found was that the gas is so close to the scope or optic that it would coat the lenses and make it dirty.  So I do not use this one any more.  I will however install any one you want as long as you send it to me to have it installed.  I actually only shoot these days with the standard bird cage.  And I do all my test firing with nothing on at all and I am fine at the end of the day.  No bruising at all.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 08:57:36 PM »

Thanks Ken!

That brake in the first video looks like it tames the kick pretty effectively. What make/model is that? Would it be possible to include that when shipping the rifle?

Just buy you the SJC Titan in .308.  Far and away the best compensator/brake on the market hands down.  You won't regret it...trust me.

http://www.larue.com/sjc-titan-compensator-308

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz5q5857WKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtwUIhMQ78o
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 09:00:35 PM by HBeretta » Logged
SkirmishAblated

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 12:21:34 AM »

Wow, that looks impressive. Not terribly expensive either.
Regarding what Ken said about the dirtying of the optic lense...do you think that would be a problem with the SJC (on 20" barrel)?
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 12:38:46 AM »

Wow, that looks impressive. Not terribly expensive either.
Regarding what Ken said about the dirtying of the optic lense...do you think that would be a problem with the SJC (on 20" barrel)?

nope...you'd be fine.  i have one...it's ridiculously effective.  no issues either with just a lock nut and no shims...i like to clock just slightly off center towards 1 o'clock as i'm a right hander.  shouldering the brake to the muzzle along with locktite isn't necessary in my opinion as i've never had issues.
DarkHelmet
^

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 01:28:43 AM »

How bad is the muzzle blast with the Titan?  I'm loathe to put a brake on my bullpups but if the sound isn't godawful it could be interesting.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2017, 02:26:16 AM »

With RFB it's fine...i shoot mostly indoors so I double up on the hearing protection.  I'd hate to be the guy next to me though.  Once you shoot with it...the hype is quickly realized.  It turns 308 into 223 with regard to recoil.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 02:29:44 AM by HBeretta » Logged
SkirmishAblated

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 11:57:47 AM »

Beretta, any idea about the weight for the Titan? I can't seem to find specs on it.
Steelviper
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 05:59:27 PM »

Good reviews with ALOT of data here:

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/08/21/muzzle-brake-summary-of-field-test-results/

Just some of the great charts from that link:

SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2017, 06:10:04 PM »

Top Notch Report. Thanks!
Steelviper
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2017, 06:36:59 PM »

Had to post a bunch of pics. Glad you like it, figured I was releasing my inner Short and Sassy
SHORT-N-SASSY
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2017, 06:44:38 PM »

Short and Sassy: That's always been my definition of a Bullpup.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length