Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 19, 2018, 11:59:45 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  2017 SHOT Show . . .
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 2017 SHOT Show . . .  (Read 8935 times)
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2017, 02:18:37 AM »

MDR pre-production shoot on Thursday night from SHOT Show 2017:

Video coming, but it will probably be tomorrow at this point.

Desert Tech honored BullpupForum.com by letting me shoot first.  We were so anxious about this event, we beat DT there, and their staff scrambled to get everything set up.  But after a few initial glitches, and the line stretching out the door, I got to press off some rounds.

The chassis is striking to look at (as you all know from the pictures, but in person, "WOW!")  And the ergonomics don't disappoint.  It's natural and the buttpad fit my chest nicely.  The pistol grip had a natural angle, and my M4-muscle memory returned when it was time to drop the empty mag, and my finger went straight to the mag-release, and the mag dropped free.  I'm a traditionalist with fore-grips, so the front felt perfect and natural (YMMV for you VFG guys). 

The ambi- Charging handles is a nice touch, and although small, my fingers found them easily, and the pull was light and easy.  I also seated my second mag and from the open bolt, I "judo-chopped" the charging handle.  Lightning!

I was so excited (it felt like Christmas) that I worked through the first mag without really digesting the trigger-press and reset.  But I can assure you, I had no pause to think the trigger was lacking.  In hindsight, it was crisp and positive, with a pull weight similar to other battle carbines (probably 5-6 lbs).

The 308 was loud and pounding from within the indoor tight quarters.  But when shouldered, the MDR 308 was extremely controllable, and soft shooting.  There was little to no muzzle rise, and the follow up was quick. 

I can't wait to spend a long session at an outdoor range, allowing this crush to turn into true-love.

More to come from SHOT Show 2017

"Retreat, hell we just got here!" 
Capt L Williams, USMC, WWI (Belleau Wood)
Rabies

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2017, 12:17:55 PM »

So Jealous!
Plinker
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2017, 12:39:14 PM »

Range video is posted in the MDR forum:  http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=11146.60

The next time you think everyone should be equal in outcome, read Kurt Vonnegut's "Harrison Bergeron".  If you don't fear that kind of world, please don't vote.
Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2017, 10:29:39 PM »

Quick video from IWI and Rebecca about the X95 300BLK...

Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2017, 11:05:26 PM »

Standard Manufacturing has some new toys (namely a semi-auto, box-mag fed 12ga, coming soon)...

Sgt_P
Administrator
Bullpup Fanatic

SEMPER FIDELIS

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2017, 07:49:51 PM »

Hartman LTD MH1 Red Dot discussion with LtCol Harman (IDF, retired)...

unsungboxer

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2017, 10:28:38 PM »

Where is the gearhead coverage?  i was anticipating a bunch of exciting X95 developments...
srfnken
^

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2017, 11:29:31 PM »

If you don't make it over to my section or my facebook page check this out.
Over at The Arms Guide they did a shot show 2017 bullpup roundup.  We were lucky enough to make the cut thanks to the Elftmann Tactical crew for letting us hang out in their booth all week.  You have to see the entire article to see where they put us in the running with all the big guys.  You can skip to the end of the article if you just want to see us.
https://thearmsguide.com/11788/bullpup-round-shot-show-2017/
Plinker
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2017, 11:47:20 PM »

Gearhead video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iStDkRr39sI

The next time you think everyone should be equal in outcome, read Kurt Vonnegut's "Harrison Bergeron".  If you don't fear that kind of world, please don't vote.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length