Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2017, 02:38:25 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  Bullpup Unlimited
| | |-+  Anyone mod the safety selector?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anyone mod the safety selector?  (Read 923 times)
joshgayou
New Posting Member

« on: January 11, 2017, 01:31:05 AM »

Just converted my 590.  Love the hell out of this thing but I was wondering if anyone has tried putting a short throw selector on one of these?  The switch that comes installed doesn't appear to be replaceable in any way but I thought I'd check with you guys just to be sure.

With my tiny, b**** hands, I have a hard time levering the switch back up to safe without loosening my hand and manipulating my wrist around.  I'd love to be able to switch between safe and fire with the same amount of ease.

Thanks!
joshgayou
New Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 11:56:51 PM »

So I've kind of jumped threads on this as I saw that another member here had reversed his safety selector and figured he'd have some insight into whether what I want to do is workable.  I'm hoping this doesn't piss off any mods.

For anyone else that has an interest in changing out the stock safety lever on their rig, I'll follow up here when I get some more info on this or do it myself and say how it went.

For the curious, the product I'm eyeballing right now is:
http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/safety-parts/safeties/ar-15-short-throw-selector-prod54684.aspx
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length