Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2017, 10:17:45 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  I gave in....
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I gave in....  (Read 1484 times)
slowcorrado

« on: January 11, 2017, 12:16:46 AM »

Placed my preorder before the price increase!  Of note:  I had a problem with the website and called-in to order.  The salesperson was very helpful.  Some interesting info:

Currently they are seeing about 70% of the orders in FDE, the other 30% in Black.

While we were on the phone one of the higher-ups called into the office (it was around 5:00pm Eastern) and asked if anyone wanted to go shoot the MDR with some journalists/press.  The salesperson explained that the place just emptied out, and joked "It actually exists!".

If you order over the phone, the shipping cost is lower than the website.

The DT red dot optic is a completely new (to DT) design that the salesperson had never actually seen in person.  It's supposed to be a good value and is considered "3 MOA".  I don't know if that is good or bad at that size/pricepoint.

Salesperson verified that if I wish to: cancel, change color, add/delete optic before my rifle ships, I can call in with no penalty.
coldboremiracle

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 01:37:53 AM »

Oh yes it exists, the red marks on my shoulder resembling the recoil pad are proof. Put quite a few rounds through it today for the sales guys.

The first shot, is worth all the rest.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT

I work for Desert Tech, happy to help wherever I can.
Ouborat7

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 01:56:43 AM »

Oh yes it exists, the red marks on my shoulder resembling the recoil pad are proof. Put quite a few rounds through it today for the sales guys.
Tell us about it.

I too gave in and preordered to lock in the price...but I did mine through Europtic who said I could cancel as well.
If things don't seem to pan out as DT says I may cancel. By the time they are ready to ship I should have a lot more information about the rifle if I decide to back out.
epicrad
^

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 02:22:14 AM »

Lol, I chose FDE specifically because I thought it might be less popular than black.
coldboremiracle

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 11:37:24 AM »

Tell us about it.

It was very enjoyable, surprisingly easy to wield considering the rate of fire and 308. Mag changes are easily adapted from an AR kind of operation, after 15-20 mag changes, it was like second nature. I love the dual mag releases, so you can strip it or drop it. I didn't pay a huge amount of attention to the trigger (as Ive pulled it a million times) but the fact that I cant recall it tells me its good, I rarely use gas guns, and when I do they have nice triggers, so not finding the trigger to be something new is a good thing. Very fun to shoot.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT

Sdevante
^

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 02:52:49 PM »

It was very enjoyable, surprisingly easy to wield considering the rate of fire and 308. Mag changes are easily adapted from an AR kind of operation, after 15-20 mag changes, it was like second nature. I love the dual mag releases, so you can strip it or drop it. I didn't pay a huge amount of attention to the trigger (as Ive pulled it a million times) but the fact that I cant recall it tells me its good, I rarely use gas guns, and when I do they have nice triggers, so not finding the trigger to be something new is a good thing. Very fun to shoot.

Off topic, but do you know if it will take Lancer mags or just PMags (for .308)? Thanks!
Nomad07

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 02:59:15 PM »

Thanks for the info coldbore Cheesy
Menace667

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 05:04:42 PM »

Thanks for the info coldbore Cheesy

Good question. I would assume it will as I saw an earlier pic with a lancer inserted in it, but as there have been changes a confirmation would be sweet. I need to stock up on mags and ammo for one even though it will be mid year before I actually take possession.
coldboremiracle

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 12:40:52 AM »

Yes it takes both, last time I shot it was with Lancer SR25 mags. But this last session was a bunch of 308 Pmags.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT

Nomad07

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 03:13:42 PM »

Yes it takes both, last time I shot it was with Lancer SR25 mags. But this last session was a bunch of 308 Pmags.
Will itntake the KAC SR25 or Larue mags as well?
coldboremiracle

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 04:13:01 PM »

As far as I know, if it is an SR25 mag, it will work.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT

Nomad07

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 05:37:00 PM »

As far as I know, if it is an SR25 mag, it will work.

Awesome, thanks for the info...i figured it most likely would, but always good to double check  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length