Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2017, 12:16:34 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:        2017 SHOT Show       -       16 through 20, January, 2017       -       Sands Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  Mag loaders
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mag loaders  (Read 439 times)
Grizz

« on: January 10, 2017, 04:35:17 PM »

I've been researching mag loaders for the X95 (AR mags), there seem to be quite a few out there and they all seem like good ideas for range use.

I currently have the Maglula stripper clip loader and the only draw back is I need to load the stripper clips (time consuming) before loading into the mag.

I'm interested in something that you basically drop the ammo in and then load the mag, I've seen them from caldwell, thunderstruck, Padavach, maglula and a few others. What are your experiences as far as good, bad and ugly, high/low quality, etc...?
SteveG75

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 04:39:55 PM »

You can load loose rounds using the StripLula as well if you wish.

I preload the strips and it makes life so easy that I have no desire to use anything else.
Grizz

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 04:45:08 PM »

I preload the strips and it makes life so easy that I have no desire to use anything else.

Hmm, I didn't realize I could load individual rounds, pretty cool.

But its still not as fast as some of the other loaders especially when range time is limited and loading takes time.
bhunted

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 05:00:02 PM »

Make or buy one of these....

https://www.etsy.com/listing/462961513/ar15-mag-speed-loader-easy-loader?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_a-craft_supplies_and_tools-other&utm_custom1=2cb21f54-523c-4e7d-9128-c13efe90ea30&gclid=CNaWjpG8uNECFchKDQodyXYB6Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tavor hollow

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 06:20:29 PM »

I was thrilled when I got the caldwell loader, but I soon found problems.  I don't know if it was the Gen 2 magpul mags. They swell in the middle and screw up feeding maybe a newer generation mag might work. Ill keep trying.
SteveG75

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 08:57:19 PM »

Hmm, I didn't realize I could load individual rounds, pretty cool.

But its still not as fast as some of the other loaders especially when range time is limited and loading takes time.

I buy my ammo in large lots (500+) and just spend an evening in front of the tv loading up stripper clips. Get the cardboard boxes that hold three loaded clips and then load up the ammo can. I can load a magazine with three stripper clips in about 30 seconds.
CavVet

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 11:15:08 PM »

maglula clips on top of the mag.  it has a lever that goes back&forth. drop individual rounds in top. in seconds the mag is loaded.  even faster to unload.

go to YouTube.

I've never seen anything close.
chowser51

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 02:12:59 AM »

I have the Maglula with the lever. I never load at the range. I make my kids load my mags the day before range day. And people think I'm crazy for trying to have a dozen mags per gun minimum. I'm just lazy. Wink
Mikelindsey
New Posting Member

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 04:46:48 PM »

I too use the Maglula and also use different ones for different pistol mags.  They work great.  I keep at least 20 ammo cans of 20 rd. Magazines ready to grab a couple before going to the range.
Grizz

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 09:54:35 PM »

I just ordered the MagPacker, I think that will work for me
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length