Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2017, 03:25:02 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Steyr AUG AUG icon
| | | |-+  Slightly off topic - HK P7M13. Would you?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Slightly off topic - HK P7M13. Would you?  (Read 2392 times)
LazyEngineer

« on: January 10, 2017, 11:47:58 AM »

OK affectionado's of the fine Steyr AUG.  If you had a chance for a nearly new HK P7M13, with just 1 magazine, for $1400 - would you?

My conundrum.  It's a lot of scratch, for a gun that's kind of chunky in the hand, and doesn't have the longevity/service life of a more modern pistol.  But... it IS a rather complementary pistol.

WWYD?

maleante
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 12:19:17 PM »

$1400? That's a CZ SP01 Shadow Target, Shadow 2, TS, or TS Orange type of money.

I'm going to say no.
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 02:44:14 PM »

The P7M13 is the most desirable version. I would think that is a reasonable price for one. If you were wanting one at all.

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
BarryinIN
^

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 03:30:12 PM »

An important factor to me would be: Do you currently own a P7, or did you used to own one? 

As for myself, I'd say: Yes, I'd get it.
But then, I'm a P7 fan, own a couple, have carried them, and used them in classes, matches, etc.  I would want an M13 because buying one seems to be the only way I'm ever going to find out what they are like to carry or shoot. 

If you are not familiar with P7s, I'm not sure if I'd advise starting with an M13.   The PSP and M8 would probably work better to give you "the P7 experience".

Then again, I haven't checked in a while, but the price sounds good.  It may be worth buying just to try it out, because you should be able to get that much back out of it.  It would be like getting a free trial.
spyderco monkey

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 03:34:45 PM »

It's a very cool pistol, but new magazines are about $130 each.

Sphinx SDP, HK Elite 9MM, Cajun Gun Works PCR/SP101, Walther P88, Steyr GB, Glock 17L w/ red dot.... there's a lot of really neat 9mm's in that price range.
ttarp

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 05:16:13 PM »

Unless its all beat to hell, thats one hell of a price for an M13.  Buy it, try it, if you don't like it, hang on to it for a few years and sell it for 2K or more.
7n6

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 07:03:05 PM »

Get a Glock, a case of ammo and a spare Glock.
DMays

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 07:31:00 PM »

Wouldn't the Steyr GB be more complimentary?

You get ridiculously high mags with that too. They do load well.

I was once quite an HK fan but mostly of long guns. I passed on an m8 model I think it was. That was a few years ago and it was  excellent for $850. I certainly don't think at current prices I will ever get one but I haven't tried one either. I remember reading in the early 80s that they were nice shooting as they had a low bore axis with regard to the grip.

I like offbeat stuff and I certainly wouldn't advise against it for a fun gun. For hard serious use, not sure. I would have to study that*** including parts availability.***

Heck get a vp70 or what ever they were that hk made. Lots of polymer ahead of its time iirc. Odd reverse configuration front sight. The really sweet ones had a stock. Those pistols were cheap too. Not sure about now.

Have fun..
bassybob
^

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 11:02:59 PM »

Buy it. If not, PM me.
rambo

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 12:04:28 AM »

Would buy in a heartbeat. 
LazyEngineer

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 04:01:02 PM »

I guess part of what is giving me pause, is based on the replies here - something like this should insta-sell.

But it's not, it has no bidders at all in fact.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/611554936
DMays

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 08:03:55 PM »

Ok...not sure about earlier  but it is $2095 now if my phone followed the link correctly.

Over the years an observation I have made is that $500+ reduces the pool of potential buyers. $1000+ is another significant reduction. As prices increase the buyer pool only gets smaller.

While it may be neat and cool to have, someone has to be willing to pay over 2k for neat and cool. Small pool of buyers I would think. If someone wants a serious user, they aren't looking for a thirty year old pistol that is rather obscure that doesn't really provide any performance gain over a Glock at 1/4 the coin.

Most real collectors want the best condition they can get. Maybe a beginner that will move this one out when they get a more pristine example might be interested. Again I think it's a small buyer pool. And if an investor, are HK pistols a better deal than say colt or smith revolvers? Time will tell.

Another note: If the $ has indeed been raised it reminds me of an old gun dealer I know that was in the business for decades. If an item wasn't selling, he would be more likely to raise the price than to lower it. A buyer might perceive that he is getting something extra nice or rare. Also a bargain price can tend to make people suspicious. It does me.

I doubt that the HK name swings the weight that it once did with the gun buying public taken as a whole.

I think even today 2k is more than most people are going to spend on a lark.

Fun stuff.
BarryinIN
^

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 01:01:27 AM »

With 17 hours left, it may just now be time for people to start getting serious.  I seldom put a bid on anything until within the last eight hours, usually a lot less.

It looks pretty good.  Nicer than my P7M8 and about equal to my PSP.  I don't know about the M13s, but most P7 models see little shooting compared to finish wear.  The old HK bluing just doesn't seem to stay nice for long.  So that's not as good an indicator as on most guns.  It may not have been shot much. 

And the slide internal pic looks real good.

With three mags, it's like you'd be getting the gun and one mag for $1795.  Or, at least based on my last mag price check.  They may bring more now, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

That may not be a steal, but sure isn't bad.  I honestly don't think you'll see a better deal anytime soon.  They don't pop up often enough to wait in order to maybe save $100 in my opinion.  It would be different if waiting a week would get you four more prospects.   I'd grab it if I had the cash.
The question is-Do you really want one?
LazyEngineer

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2017, 11:17:26 PM »

Good Lord, that gunbroker sold for $2800.  OK, I think I'll take this one for the $1400 after all.
INV136

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2017, 07:06:53 PM »

For an excellent condition HK P7M13 they command prices about $2,000 and up. I have two that I purchased back in the mid 1990's and used on duty for several years before our agency removed them from the authorized list of personally owned duty weapons. They are two of the best, most accurate, and most reliable 9mm pistols that I have ever and still do own. The design also makes them the safest pistol to carry loaded and the fastest pistols to conduct combat reloads.

The HK P7 or PSP pistols have a European magazine (heel mounted release which is a lot slower to reload) and are the cheapest at about $1,000. The HK P7M8 pistols are single stack versions of the M13 and only hold 8 rounds. These usually run about $1,300 and up. I have a couple of these and they are handier to hold than the M13, but, I'd rather carry an M13 because of the 13rd capacity. You can still get spare parts from sites like HKParts.net and a couple of other websites (forgot the names). HK will also still repair these pistols. The P7 models are the original striker fired pistol before the Glock.   
ttarp

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2017, 12:47:08 AM »

Good Lord, that gunbroker sold for $2800.  OK, I think I'll take this one for the $1400 after all.

If you do, pics would be cool.

The P7 has a very diehard cult following, and these pistols don't lose value.  Most people have no interest in an expensive low capacity heavy 9mm the same size as a block 19.  And a lot who hold and shoot P7's are too weirded out by their operation or just don't like them.  But then there are the cult members like myself, who found the EDC they were always looking for.
INV136

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2017, 01:53:52 PM »

Here are some of my HK P7's.

images upload
LazyEngineer

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2017, 04:09:18 PM »

Sure, here's a pic, I decided to keep it.

ttarp

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2017, 11:39:24 PM »

Nice pic, thanks for sharing.  Hope you enjoy it.

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2017, 06:46:58 PM »

Here's something different.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length