Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 11:10:37 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  Bolt and charging rod damage
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bolt and charging rod damage  (Read 1366 times)
Chrismeany
New Posting Member

« on: January 09, 2017, 01:24:51 PM »

I recently picked up a tavor sar and it's an absolute joy to handle and shoot. I've noticed now after about 1000 rounds though, for some reason the part of the bolt that rides the recoil rod is starting to grind down the metal and it's becoming uneven. Slowly charging you can feel the bolt getting caught on spots of the rod (or it seems) and it's definitely not smooth in some spots. Im aware wear is normal but this type definitely doesnt dfeel to be the case. Maybe I'm wrong though. It's been properly lubricated since first taking it out of its box. Has anyone else experienced something like this?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 10:11:38 AM by Chrismeany » Logged
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 02:42:44 PM »

Pictures would be helpful here. But in reality it sounds like something you need to contact IWI about.

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 03:48:55 PM »

Have you cleaned it?  Sounds like carbon build up, tavors get pretty dirty inside.

I've shot about 5000 rounds, and there is no wear at all where the charging handle rod hits the bolt.  I have wear in other areas, but no wear at all where the charging rod hits the bolt.

Put some oil on it, take pictures, and report back.

''The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.''
-Thomas Jefferson
downeyg

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 04:02:33 PM »

Sounds like someone tried to remove the barrel without following the proper procedure and damaged the rod.
GunStarHero

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 03:53:47 AM »

Sounds like someone tried to remove the barrel without following the proper procedure and damaged the rod.
why I strapped a piece of red duct tape to my bbl key as a reminder.
Grizz

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 03:54:41 AM »

have you cleaned it or just lubed it?
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length