Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 20, 2017, 12:03:29 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:        2017 SHOT Show       -       16 through 20, January, 2017       -       Sands Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  RFB Range report
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RFB Range report  (Read 269 times)
DT5000
^

« on: January 07, 2017, 10:29:21 AM »

I purchased my tan RFB from Homeland Guns at some point last year and it has been a safe queen for quite some time. I have wanted to shoot it but was apprehensive due to the hit or miss type of reviews you hear about the RFB platform in general. I have cleaned and lubed my rifle numerous times to familiarize myself with the ins and out of the RFB platform. I also cleaned the gas system thuroughly. So yesterday I was invited out to a friends and family day at my local range and decided to bring the RFB, I was nervous to say the least. Ammo used was 149 grain military surplus, not sure on exact brand. I am happy to report that it ran flawlessly. I used two different mags, and the adjusted the gas rather quickly. I was completely blown away by the slight shove of the recoil impulse. Of all the guns I shot that day the RFB A was the highlight for me. That and the fact that I feel lucky that mine worked rather well. And it sure is a head turner. People couldn't get enough of the RFB.

* IMG_1906.PNG (6387.67 KB, 1242x2208 - viewed 62 times.)
HBeretta

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 01:18:35 AM »

lol...dunno how you can buy a gun then take it straight to the safe.  hell i go straight from my ffl to the nearest gun range with a new gun purchase.  i'm very interested in the RFB right now....the 24" hunter variant in OD green.  i'm curious to know what your accuracy is from a 100yds with your gun. 
tavor hollow

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 10:09:41 AM »

I'm mostly a tavor Guy.I got my rfb first about 3.5 years ago? But the next week I was pulling the trigger on the tavor its Israeli ....I didn't see it first but when I did I couldn't resist.that said my rfb isn't 100% or near it but still I LOVE it.to me the ergos and comfort are unmatched not to mention. 308!! Like you said impulse is good my heavy savage bolt bumps hard rfb well I just wish it was 100% I wonder if gear head or somebody has custom work to improve function?  I'm glad yours seems good. Bullpups, brothers with different mothers.

* IMG1293.jpg (1807.47 KB, 2592x1944 - viewed 43 times.)
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length