Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2017, 03:17:27 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  Gas in face, Tavor face, excess gas blowback thread.
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Gas in face, Tavor face, excess gas blowback thread.  (Read 4193 times)
CavVet

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2017, 03:57:16 PM »

I used clear packing tape for the first outing. This #^(%# leaks!

FD16-Tavor

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2017, 08:38:36 PM »

I used clear packing tape for the first outing. This #^(%# leaks!

Were you shooting suppressed or unsuppressed? 
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2017, 08:38:58 PM »

I would really like to see this with an X95.  Much of the SAR is relate-able to the X95 but not everything.
For what we're talking about, I don't think there would be any difference. The barrel, bolt and piston assembly should be almost identical.

You are right about that.  It's just something I would like to see.

Another thought - IWI has the gas cylinder that fits both the SAR and the X95 in stock for $9.99.  You can get the replacement cylinder and experiment on that for diverting the excess gas and keep the original in case you need it. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but once the piston has cleared the small piston cylinder (about 1"or so long) any excess gas is not needed for operation of the bolt as it travels down the gas tube.  Inertia will complete the cycle.  This should allow for any vent hols or slots you make in the gas cylinder.

I may try this at some point like what gear head did.

It would be awesome if it worked, although another thing to consider is this would have more hot gas hitting the air faster, which would make more noise in theory.  So it's possible it could be counter productive for a suppressed rifle.
CavVet

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2017, 11:09:00 PM »

suppressed.

762SDN-6
konigstigerii

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2017, 08:21:48 PM »

I took some RTV silicone and stripped the rifle down and sealed up that area and also the ejection port. Helps a lot. Still got some gas in the face area, but my adjustable gas block mod has taken that to almost nothing Smiley
rodspade
New Posting Member

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2017, 11:39:46 AM »

I have the Flex cover and my gas is now coming from the rear of the top rail under suppression.
I have not had a chance to try the ATV trick yet.  It did ok on my ARs (cheap gasbuster).

Please forgive my ignorance:  What is "the ATV trick?"  (I assume not "All Terrain Vehicle.")
Oner

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2017, 05:54:26 PM »

I have the Flex cover and my gas is now coming from the rear of the top rail under suppression.
I have not had a chance to try the ATV trick yet.  It did ok on my ARs (cheap gasbuster).

Please forgive my ignorance:  What is "the ATV trick?"  (I assume not "All Terrain Vehicle.")

Believe it was a Typo...think it was supposed to be "RTV trick" which is the silicone mods seen in these threads ~

https://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=9917.0

and

https://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=10277.0
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 06:03:37 PM by Oner » Logged
MarkB

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2017, 04:34:52 PM »

Will this work?

Have a cap that fits on the first one or two slots in the rail that directs any gas from the end of the rail forward.  It should be low and short enough to allow the rear built-in sight to be raised.  Shaped to fit the rear of the X95 or SAR with, perhaps, a rubber covered edge to aid in sealing the cap to the stock.  There will still be gas but it will be directed away from the face.

I can't shoot suppressed (Delaware) so, I don't have any experience with the gas-face leak. 
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2017, 09:41:16 PM »

I took some RTV silicone and stripped the rifle down and sealed up that area and also the ejection port. Helps a lot. Still got some gas in the face area, but my adjustable gas block mod has taken that to almost nothing Smiley
How did u make an adjustable gas system for the tavor

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length