Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2017, 03:09:58 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  Hello there new x95 owner its been a long ride
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello there new x95 owner its been a long ride  (Read 1409 times)
westbank23
New Posting Member

« on: January 05, 2017, 05:28:38 PM »

Hey guys just got my tavor in and it is sweet..its really been a long ride..i was going to order online but decided to go in and support a local gun store..went to LGS and the owner said he can order it for me and it'll be here in 3 days..that was almost 3 full months ago..every week hell have a different excuse on why he didn't have my tavor which like an idiot I gave him the full amount $1650.00..well anyways long story short i wont be dealing with him anymore as far as having him order stuff for me(can't lie the guy has some great deals in his shop like just now i saw a slightly used KSG for $599 and I swear I had to stop myself from almost going into my emergency savings to buy that KSG)..anyways its here,also wife brought me a PMR30 brand new a few days ago as a late Christmas present...its been a good week lol..

I am having a problem with the bolt not holding open,the only way it stays open is if I push the mag up (i see this is a common problem with bolt not holding open,I'll read up on it when I get a chance.

Anyways here she is with my pmr.

* IMG_20170105_150120.jpg (337.5 KB, 960x720 - viewed 166 times.)
8zero8st8

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 04:19:35 AM »

To lock the bolt, you need to pull the charging handle back (hold it in that position) and then pull down on the tab right where your trigger pack is. Then, release your charging handle. It's kind of a hassle but you'll get use to it. Btw, sweet looking devil!! Evil I have mine in flat black.

* tav5.JPG (2092.5 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 96 times.)
8zero8st8

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 04:20:26 AM »

I added a Meprolight RDS with Vortex magnifier, HK vertical grip, and slap on a VG6 epsilon muzzle.......   Wink
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 04:25:22 AM by 8zero8st8 » Logged
Rastoff

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 09:00:12 PM »

I hadn't heard about the bolt not staying open. By what you said, I'm assuming you have an empty mag in there, right?

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
westbank23
New Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 01:46:52 AM »

Yea with the pmag it comes with,if i pull the charging handle all the way back with the empty mag in there the bolt won't hold open 80% of the time(it would stay back if I pull the tabs by the trigger pack tho)  ..now if I pull the bolt back (with the empty pmag in) i have to push the pmag up so in order for the bolt to stay back..i beleive it might be a magazine problem or a cleaning problem..i havent tried different mags and I haven't cleaned the factory grease and stuff off just yet
westbank23
New Posting Member

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 01:48:33 AM »

To lock the bolt, you need to pull the charging handle back (hold it in that position) and then pull down on the tab right where your trigger pack is. Then, release your charging handle. It's kind of a hassle but you'll get use to it. Btw, sweet looking devil!! Evil I have mine in flat black.

Yea that black is nice..when i went picked mines up he did have the black one in stock and i really liked it...my first choice was the OD green but I told him if he couldn't get it then ill be just as happy with the fde.
ISUSteve
New Posting Member

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 04:34:11 PM »

I've only had my X95 for about a week now, so I'm no expert. 

First, I'd try a different magazine.  If it still does it, then I'd look at the gun.

If you look up in the magwell towards the rear side, there is a little point sticking out.  This is what the mag follower pushes up to catch the bolt.  When you put a mag in with bolt locked back, look into the ejecting port at this point and make sure the mag follower is pushing it up.  If you took the trigger pack out and the door/bolt catch came with it, it can be a little tricky to put in the first time.  I'd try re-seating this part.
8zero8st8

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 07:42:57 PM »

Have you tried firing it till the mag is empty?? If the bolt does not lock in place when emptied, then you might have a defect on your rifle. (Maybe you can exchange it for the black one) Wink Grin
Shooter58

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 06:44:35 PM »

Make sure your right forearm is not hitting the bolt hold open. Sounds dumb. It I had the same problem till I saw that my arm was keeping the bottom of the bolt stop up.
Mikelindsey

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 04:51:48 PM »

I've got all Pmag3s and don't have that problem.  I have the SAR though.  The mag it came with it was an el cheapo.  I threw it away.
Shooter58

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 06:45:57 PM »

Probably a good move.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length