Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 26, 2017, 03:20:42 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:        2017 SHOT Show       -       16 through 20, January, 2017       -       Sands Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Rimfire Bullpups
| |-+  Other Rimfire Bullpup's (Moderator: Plinker)
| | |-+  Tubb's Savage .22 build
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tubb's Savage .22 build  (Read 2469 times)
Tubb
New Posting Member

« on: January 03, 2017, 03:41:39 AM »

Hey ya'll my names Adam and I'm about to kick off a build for my old Savage 64 .22. I've sketched out this rifle 1000 times and now I'm finally about to pull the trigger on it.

So here we go!

First up is the design. I'm trying to push for a future weapon, kinda bring a video game rifle to life more or less just as something cool to pull out at the range.  And keep it around as a conversation piece. But yea so this is what came out of all of my designs.

Then went to a full scale mock up to get my measurements and my overall look set.

Also decided I'm gonna run a faux suppressor up front

That's kinda it for the design side for now I'll pick it back up and start posting again whenever I start fabricating. Gonna start off with building my trigger mechanism and handle.

Stay posted, more to come.

Everyone Dies, Not Everyone Lives
Snapperhead363
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 03:58:40 AM »

Very nice! I love DIY projects!

NRA Life Member   Bullpup Fanatic Glock Armorer  Owner of Homeland Guns.1-740-820-GUNS
Plinker
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 04:59:58 PM »

The design looks good!  Can't wait to see it progress!

Planning on it being metal, or other material?

The next time you think everyone should be equal in outcome, read Kurt Vonnegut's "Harrison Bergeron".  If you don't fear that kind of world, please don't vote.
Rabies

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 05:08:20 PM »

I like it!
Tubb
New Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 09:15:40 PM »

Hey thanks for the feed back guys.

Planning on it being metal, or other material?

I still haven't decided just yet. My fall back plan is just to use a press break and bend out a shell. My other options are either fiberglass or carbon fiber, both would require allot more work but I think that the end result would be pretty cool. No matter what though my design will stay the same with the action, barrel, and trigger mechanism sliding into a solid shell instead of bolting two halves together.

Everyone Dies, Not Everyone Lives
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length