Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2017, 12:14:28 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:        2017 SHOT Show       -       16 through 20, January, 2017       -       Sands Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  Accuracy of the Kel-Tec RFB
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Accuracy of the Kel-Tec RFB  (Read 321 times)
pkruchowski
New Posting Member

« on: December 30, 2016, 12:59:51 AM »

Can someone tell me the accuracy of the RFB? It looks like an awesome rifle.
HBeretta

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 04:15:04 AM »

null
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 01:00:12 AM by HBeretta » Logged
Ronmar

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 12:09:17 AM »

RFB...

Minute of bad guy:)

Joking aside, most groupings I have seen people post about are sub 2MOA(<2" @ 100YD). This has also been my experience with mine.  Sadly, the RFB's biggest failing I think was KT's decision to machine the chamber to a very generously throated 7.62 machine-gun spec, instead of a SAMI .308 spec.  It is this detail I believe that is behind the RFB's accuracy.  Basically the bullet has to jump a small gap when fired, to engage the rifling.  The case neck shifting a little during the explosion in the case makes for an inconsistent bullet launch and resulting wobble in flight.  The fact that I and many others seem to get our best groupings with steel cased ammunition supports this theory IMO(stiffer case neck).  $10 a box 147 grain Tula from wallmart delivers my best groupings at around 1.5"(maybe a little less:)) pretty consistently out of my RFB.  That being said, it is afterall a carbine and NOT a precision rifle, and IMO is plenty accurate for anything you might ask a carbine to perform.  It probably could have been sub MOA with a better chamber and optimized load though:( 

It is a good thing it likes the cheap stuff, because this thing really likes to be shot:)

With the gas adjusted properly, It is a 7.62 with recoil closer to a 5.56.  It has an outstanding trigger for a bullpup which is my way of saying it has a trigger much like any other rifle you have ever fired. What KT did was keep the sear at the trigger where it belongs, and remoted the hammer. So the trigger takup and break is like most other normal triggers.  Most other bullpups remote the trigger from the sear and hammer which makes them mushy and somewhat unpredictable. 

The balance is fantastic!  That and the low recoil lead me to label this rifle the "ultimate girlie gun"  It is so cool to watch everyone stop shooting and stare when My 5'7 wife steps up to the line and lets go with 20 rounds rapid fire:)

I like mine...     
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length