Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 11:09:11 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  Current delivery date for people who pre-ordered through DT? I see 05/15/17
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Current delivery date for people who pre-ordered through DT? I see 05/15/17  (Read 26370 times)
Chief Master

« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2016, 05:37:15 PM »

Wow.   
Desert Tech, a company based in the USA, does not support our veterans but a company like CZ does?
Maybe I should support CZ and get a Bren instead.

This sense of entitlement irritates me. As an active duty member, I certainly appreciate and take advantage of discounts that companies offer to military members...but I never expect it. We're customers just like everyone else, and companies still need to run a profitable business. They could jack up their prices for everyone else to offer a discount for veterans as well, but DT made the decision to keep the prices lower for everyone instead. Even if they didn't offer any military/LE discount at all, I could still respect that decision. We're not entitled to a discount at others' expense.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 10:15:29 AM by Chief Master » Logged
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2016, 05:56:25 PM »

[quote author=Box link=topic=10944.msg112070#msg112070 date=uirements are met.  
Wow.  
Desert Tech, a company based in the USA, does not support our veterans but a company like CZ does?

This sense of entitlement irritates me. As an active duty member, I certainly appreciate and take advantage of discounts that companies offer to military members...but I never expect it. We're customers just like everyone else, and companies still need to run a profitable business. They could jack up their prices for everyone else to offer a discount for veterans as well, but DT made the decision to keep the prices lower for everyone instead. Even if they didn't offer any military/LE discount at all, I could still respect that decision. We're not entitled to a discount at others' expense.

As a combat veteran of the war in Iraq, I agree. I was active duty in the USMC and never once
felt entitled to additional social rewards or special treatment. I generally don't expect discounts when eating out or shopping. I don't ask for them, and will rarely even accept them when offered. Being in the military isn't about 'what you get in exchange for it.'  You do your time honorably, leave the service and then move on with your life. I would like to think that most veterans would agree with this.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 06:03:54 PM by Frostburg » Logged
Box

« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2016, 08:44:54 PM »

Wow.  

As a combat veteran of the war in Iraq, I agree. I was active duty in the USMC and never once
felt entitled to additional social rewards or special treatment. I generally don't expect discounts when eating out or shopping. I don't ask for them, and will rarely even accept them when offered. Being in the military isn't about 'what you get in exchange for it.'  You do your time honorably, leave the service and then move on with your life. I would like to think that most veterans would agree with this.

I don't see it as a sense of entitlement; I see it as appreciating (supporting) those who appreciate me.  It's disappointing an American company like Desert Tech doesn't honor veterans as much as a company like CZ.  They certainly don't have to yet they still do.

CZ's appreciation has earned my loyalty.   It doesn't hurt that their customers service and products are awesome too.
charliemike

« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2016, 10:36:32 PM »

As a veteran, I'm not going to turn down a 5-20% discount on any product or service, especially if that discount is presented as an earned benefit honoring the common values & principles we Americans hold dear. I am honored and humbled by businesses and their owners who allocate for this discount which certainly takes a bite out of their profits. It's a very "put your money where your mouth is" way for a business to show their values to their customers, and consequently does have an impact on their bottom line.

Further, as a veteran I'm not going to complain when a company does not go out of their way to offer a military discount. I volunteered on my own accord and expect nothing in return but the paycheck I earned and the benefits allocated us by congress. And the free cheeseburger on Veterans Day? s*** we're making out like bandits.

Mil discount is appreciated sure, but not expected. Also it's frustrating as there is no Desert Tech dealer in my state to inquire about a prior military service discount.
spector762

« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2016, 06:02:11 PM »

fyi i have ordered a sling and have taken delivery and it shows still as processing on my account 
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2017, 04:37:09 PM »

Wow.  

You make a very good point.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

whenyougottogo
^

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2017, 03:02:02 PM »

Looks like we should be seeing updated delivery dates/time frames on Jan 10th. I'll share whatever I see on my account.

I had placed my order for the 5.56 variant so who knows where/when that's gonna land.

Considering switching to the .308 version as I just want a rifle in hand when available. . . decisions, decisions. My original goal was 5.56, cheaper shooting, and then get the 6.5 creedmoor conversion (when available) for long distance. I've already done three ar-10 style rifles so a 16in .308 has a lot less appeal to me.

edit:
I posted this in another thread, but DT advised me that if I was to change my order I should do it before the 10th. I've done so, so hopefully I get an accurate time frame adjustment to my account on the 10th!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 08:33:06 PM by epicrad » Logged
Ehryk

« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2017, 03:24:47 PM »

There it is, May 25, 2017.  No biggie.  I would rather have it done right than have it right now and have to send it back. 
silentrunning
Banned

« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2017, 08:49:46 PM »

Wow.  

WELL SAID Frostburg
Night_Viper
^

« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2017, 11:10:40 PM »

Dido what a lot of you said. Plus CZ is a far larger company, who has been in business much longer, with a vastly larger arsenal of merchandise. Not all companies can afford to offer discounts. DT has put everything into developing the MDR. They might not have any wiggle room. Maybe after they recoup from their initial investment, they'll offer perks. Plus we got it at the old price. It cost them so much money just to develop, they are now raising the price. It's a nice courtesy, but I choose business for its products and not a coupon they might offer.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 11:23:14 PM by Night_Viper » Logged
Night_Viper
^

« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2017, 11:24:06 PM »

If we ordered through the groupbuy and not DT directly, how do we check ship status?
Steelviper
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2017, 08:23:33 PM »

I'm sure we'll find out, I'm still group buy or bust.

GBB 4 life!
whenyougottogo
^

« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2017, 06:09:53 PM »

I called and changed my order to .308 on the 4th or5th. When I checked delivery date on the 6th it said late July. Today it shows March 25th. I'll check again on the 10th to see if it changes anymore.
INV136

« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2017, 12:39:21 AM »

Just checked the DT website. My date has been changed to May 25, 2017.
Graccus

« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2017, 05:41:31 PM »

My expected delivery date is April 25th. This has me scratching my head however, since their January update referenced shipping in March and perhaps even in February. Since I ordered mine in 308 the first day the preorder opened, then who is getting theirs in Feb/Mar? Or did their parts get delayed again?
EODBombtechnician

« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2017, 06:48:52 PM »

I ordered my .308 mid Feb.  New date is 25 May.  I'm guessing their authorized dealers/group buy/reviewers will get their shipments before any direct online pre-orders.
patrick711
^

« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2017, 07:07:08 PM »

Well if DT would have been on the ball an got some videos of MDR's out, an sent some rifles to reviewers to stir the pot so to speak,  they could put alot of us more at ease about this rifle. Instead of having to refund deposits. Also if they would pay their suppliers that have been sitting on parts orders that haven't been paid in months would help get parts for this gun delivered. Kinda common sense. I'm interested in 6.5 CM version in 19" so probably be couple years yet for me.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2017, 08:27:43 PM »

Well if DT would have been on the ball an got some videos of MDR's out, an sent some rifles to reviewers to stir the pot so to speak,  they could put alot of us more at ease about this rifle. Instead of having to refund deposits. Also if they would pay their suppliers that have been sitting on parts orders that haven't been paid in months would help get parts for this gun delivered. Kinda common sense. I'm interested in 6.5 CM version in 19" so probably be couple years yet for me.

How do you know they haven't?  Now that the rifles are essentially "in production", it would be very easy to seed them to reviewers with an NDA that prohibits them mentioning or showing it until an embargo is lifted, most likely Jan 17th, as that's a date that DT has tossed around lately (SHOT Show).

If I was DT, that's how I would do it, otherwise you'd have the reviewers stealing your thunder.

Kurt

Kurt
INV136

« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2017, 07:42:00 PM »

I've been keeping up on the delays and I don't know anything about DT not paying their suppliers. Nor did I read anything about nonpayment to suppliers resulting in parts being held up by these so-called suppliers. The only cause of any delay that I have read about was a contractor's employee labor strike (nothing to do with Desert Tech in any way). Sounds like you are fabricating this non-payment to parts suppliers nonsense.  Roll Eyes
spector762

« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2017, 08:30:33 PM »

has anyone got and updated shipping date yet my dealer couldn't  hear anything  from them 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length