Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 27, 2017, 10:21:42 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:        2017 NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits       -       27 through 30, April, 2017       -       Atlanta, Georgia

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  Current delivery date for people who pre-ordered through DT? I see 04/25/17
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Current delivery date for people who pre-ordered through DT? I see 04/25/17  (Read 13900 times)
MikeSmith
^

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2016, 10:38:40 PM »

That's certainly impressive!

I'd also like to see a weapon be run through Battlefield Las Vegas.  Getting their stamp of approval would be a serious validation of any weapon design.  The best thing is that somebody else buys all the ammo, manufacturer doesn't have to do anything but supply the gun!  Grin
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2016, 10:47:08 PM »

I'd also like to see a weapon be run through Battlefield Las Vegas.  Getting their stamp of approval would be a serious validation of any weapon design.  The best thing is that somebody else buys all the ammo, manufacturer doesn't have to do anything but supply the gun!  Grin

Battlefield Las Vegas. That sounds like a new FPS shooter.
Siris

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2016, 10:49:25 PM »

To get back to the original topic of this thread-

Anyone who has a date gotten an update on it recently at all? Worthless as they might seem to be it's nice to at least have some sort of promise/lie/exaggeration to look forward too.

What ever happened to Democrat meaning drunken partying and pistol duels on the white house lawn, beating your would be assassin so senseless your security has to protect them from you, and one of your only two regrets is that you didn't kill your own vice president and running mate.
MikeSmith
^

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2016, 12:59:22 AM »

Battlefield Las Vegas. That sounds like a new FPS shooter.

Assuming you didn't get the reference (or for anybody who didn't, if you were just being humorous), I was referring to the place in Vegas where you can shoot a wide selection of full-auto weapons.  There are some very lengthy conversations over at AR15.com where the main guy discusses how various weapons have performed in their very high round count environment.  They have many guns with over 100,000 rounds through them, with detailed logs of everything including repairs and failures.  The threads I read focused on ARs, AKs, and handguns.  It was all rather fascinating--a very different data source compared to the typical Internet gun expert.
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2016, 07:09:35 AM »

Well personally I'm going to wait how it will handle IV8888 (youtuber) meltdown of the MDR.  I'm still waiting for the tavor meltdown. Well I hope he does a tavor meltdown. That would be a great torture test

The meltdown videos are "cute", but beyond that, they really don't do much for me other than I get a chance to waste 20 minutes watching some rednecks destroy a rifle by making it do something that it would never be made to do "in the wild".  It's interesting in a dick measuring perspective, but beyond that, I rather see the rifle be subjected to measured tests that will actually test it against specific criteria. 

If you want to really impress me, and show viewers that you're really interested in doing a viable test, subject the rifle to some of the tests that the SIG-550 was subjected to or just use the NATO test standards.

http://www.biggerhammer.net/sigamt/550/550techinspection/
True they weren't meant for that but never the less it is entertaining IMO and if does a better job comparing to other rifles or pistols all the more better.
But isn't the MDR going through NATO testing?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

charliemike

« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2016, 08:23:34 AM »

True they weren't meant for that but never the less it is entertaining IMO and if does a better job comparing to other rifles or pistols all the more better.
But isn't the MDR going through NATO testing?

What the hell is NATO testing? I know they test ammunition but I'm not aware of any weapon testing.
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2016, 11:19:31 AM »

What the hell is NATO testing? I know they test ammunition but I'm not aware of any weapon testing.

I know the French requirement is a drop test.

AE
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 11:21:09 AM by Aussie E » Logged
Graccus

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2016, 01:07:27 PM »

To get back to the original topic of this thread-

Anyone who has a date gotten an update on it recently at all? Worthless as they might seem to be it's nice to at least have some sort of promise/lie/exaggeration to look forward too.

My order is still showing a delivery date of today, but something tells me not to hold my breath... You'll know if I got it though.
Ditcher
^

« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2016, 12:03:01 PM »

I know the French requirement is a drop test.

AE

So glad I wasn't drinking milk when I read this. LOL
INV136

« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2016, 02:13:48 PM »

Just checked my account info and it still shows the Feb. 02, 2017 date. Now shows status as "Processing." Looks good so far.
Ehryk

« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2016, 02:25:17 AM »

Just checked my account info and it still shows the Feb. 02, 2017 date. Now shows status as "Processing." Looks good so far.

The status being changed to "Processing" was a pleasant surprise to say the least.  My ship date also remains unchanged at 2 Feb, However!  I added in the 300 Black Out to the order when they came available and I was informed on order that it *MAY* delay me receiving my rifle on the expected date.  I am good with that.
Parkre

« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2016, 09:27:56 AM »

My order said "processing" 3 months ago....

Slated for January 5th delivery.

Blackandwhiteknight
^

« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2016, 12:04:51 PM »

Backed out of the Bullpup forum pre-order when I found out how good the Mil/LE discount is through DT.  Yes its that good and if you can you should.  Placed my order 22 Feb of this year. Status is "processing" for delivery on 2nd of February...2017ish. Still optimistic but its better to just forget about it and be patient. 
charliemike

« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2016, 12:32:31 PM »

Is the Mil/LEO discount for current/active duty only?
INV136

« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2016, 05:55:51 PM »

My order said "processing" 3 months ago....

Slated for January 5th delivery.

Mine didn't till recently.  Smiley
Blackandwhiteknight
^

« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2016, 09:15:37 PM »

Last I heard they were also honoring former (DD214) and retired Mil as well
epicrad
^

« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2016, 06:48:16 PM »

Mine has said "processing" for a couple months now too. My delivery date is still December 15, 2016. Holding out hope for good news on the next "beginning of the month" update from DT.
Box

« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2016, 08:25:38 PM »

I'm also curious how the MDR will fare at Battlefield Vegas.

I know the FN Scar has gotten rave reviews there.  Any word on how the SCAR-like CZ Bren has done?
charliemike

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2016, 01:02:47 PM »

I sent out some little birdies and came back with this:

Gents,
My name is Russ Wallis.  I'm the Vice President of International, Military and LE Sales here at Desert Tech.  Nick, my Operations Manager just came to me about the previous post.  I need to clarify some things. 

Desert Tech does not do discounted sales as a norm to Prior Military and LE.  This would circumvent our loyal dealers and we are not in the business of doing that, nor do we have the man power in my division to keep up with that demand.  There were some guys who took advantage of a year end Mil/LE sale that I had and we are wrapping up the MDR portion of that now.

If you are Active Duty Military or Law Enforcement, feel free to contact me directly and I can work with you once certain requirements are met. 

If you are Prior Duty, please contact one of our many dealers and see if they do a Mil/LE discount.

Respectfully,
     Russ Wallis
     R.Wallis@DesertTech.com

^Posted on this forum March 1st, 2016, https://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=9529.msg95829#msg95829
Box

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2016, 02:37:34 PM »

I sent out some little birdies and came back with this:

Gents,
My name is Russ Wallis.  I'm the Vice President of International, Military and LE Sales here at Desert Tech.  Nick, my Operations Manager just came to me about the previous post.  I need to clarify some things. 

Desert Tech does not do discounted sales as a norm to Prior Military and LE.  This would circumvent our loyal dealers and we are not in the business of doing that, nor do we have the man power in my division to keep up with that demand.  There were some guys who took advantage of a year end Mil/LE sale that I had and we are wrapping up the MDR portion of that now.

If you are Active Duty Military or Law Enforcement, feel free to contact me directly and I can work with you once certain requirements are met. 

If you are Prior Duty, please contact one of our many dealers and see if they do a Mil/LE discount.

Respectfully,
     Russ Wallis
     R.Wallis@DesertTech.com

^Posted on this forum March 1st, 2016, https://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=9529.msg95829#msg95829

Wow.   

Desert Tech, a company based in the USA, does not support our veterans but a company like CZ does?

Maybe I should support CZ and get a Bren instead.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length