Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 08:46:22 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  Current delivery date for people who pre-ordered through DT? I see 05/15/17
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Current delivery date for people who pre-ordered through DT? I see 05/15/17  (Read 26265 times)
whenyougottogo
^

« on: December 08, 2016, 07:42:00 PM »

As of 3:36 PST when I log into my DT account and click on 'My Orders' it shows a deliver date of Dec/15/2016.

I highly doubt this is accurate as this date has changed 3 or 4 times now.

I'm wishfully hoping that I'll be part of the first batch out potentially in Jan 2017.

Anyway! Curious as to what other people are currently seeing?

Edited: Title to reflect current delivery date
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 05:59:22 PM by epicrad » Logged
Siris

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 11:40:38 PM »

Wish I had something to look at for mine but I ordered from a dealer who supposedly has some already allotted to them. I'll just have to wait and see....

What ever happened to Democrat meaning drunken partying and pistol duels on the white house lawn, beating your would be assassin so senseless your security has to protect them from you, and one of your only two regrets is that you didn't kill your own vice president and running mate.
EODBombtechnician

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 12:58:08 AM »

Mine still says Feb after the last slip to the right. Wish it was in a week.
critter

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 02:43:49 AM »

Middle of February still.

Ordered early to mid May.
Parkre

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 09:29:10 AM »

January 5th, 2016
AF Gunner

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 11:33:41 AM »

February 2nd. I ordered at the end of February.
INV136

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 02:40:05 PM »

Mine still shows February 02, 2017, so, it's still on time as of the last delay.  Smiley
whenyougottogo
^

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 04:35:02 PM »

I'm feeling like my delivery date isn't very accurate, especially after the Nov 1st update where Nick Young said, "Our goal was to get the first batch of MDR's completed in December but a number of small unexpected delays have pushed it into January." Then in this month's update he said they were still on track with the previous months update.

I ordered the day pre-order went live (Jan 19th I think).

Who knows maybe it will be an extra merry Christmas  Shocked, but it seems more likely that at least another month will be added to my delivery date.
critter

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 04:43:13 PM »

If you do indeed get yours next week in some ways it will be a very merry Christmas for all of us as that means they are shipping and 'out in the wild'. We should also see a number of reviews posted next week if that is the case as the NDAs should be lifted.

If not, then as you said we are still in the January shipping timeframe.
whenyougottogo
^

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2016, 05:28:01 PM »

If you do indeed get yours next week in some ways it will be a very merry Christmas for all of us as that means they are shipping and 'out in the wild'. We should also see a number of reviews posted next week if that is the case as the NDAs should be lifted.

If not, then as you said we are still in the January shipping timeframe.

Oh for sure! I scan through different youtubers almost daily looking for some sort of "MDR first looks" video Smiley
Graccus

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2016, 02:03:51 AM »

My delivery date has said December 22nd for at least 2 months, certainly well before the latest update. I don't expect to actually see it until the end of January at the earliest. I'd be ecstatic if I had it before Christmas though.
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2016, 02:15:28 AM »

I can almost guarantee that once the MDR starts getting in the hands of regular Joes, there will be a plethora of Youtube videos of people ridiculously torturing the ever living s*** out of this rifle. People have been waiting too long, and once they get it, many are going to want to know that it was worth the wait. After such a long build-up, people are going to expect this rifle to survive a Martian invasion involving anything and everything you can imagine, and still shoot sub MOA.

I can only guess at the anger should a someone receive a lemon, at this point.
INV136

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2016, 11:21:54 AM »

I have no problem getting my MDR as indicated by their website in February. Also, I do not torture (abuse) any of my firearms and would definitely not be abusing this rifle. I went through almost 2 years of waiting to get my FN SCAR 17 and didn't feel the ridiculous need to abuse that rifle and never did. I have no interest in abusing this one once I receive it. And the MDR costs less than my FN SCAR 17.

It took about 2 years to get my SCAR 17. I placed the order for my MDR in February this year and the website indicates delivery in February 2017. That's one year. That's a year less than the delivery of my SCAR 17. I don't understand the whining? It took another 4-6 months to be able to get extra SCAR 17 magazines.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 11:26:54 AM by INV136 » Logged
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2016, 12:44:12 PM »

Unlike the MDR, the SCAR has an established track record in combat, and is military tested
and approved.  The MDR is brand new (scratch that, does not yet exist), and there is zero proof
out there that it is reliable. It is going into people's hands with zero track record of any type. People are going to want to know what this rifle is capable of after waiting as long as they have.

I won't be doing any insane tests, only because I don't want to risk damaging it. But I will
keep my eyes open and be reading any and all range reports that you guys will be writing about long
before I decide to buy, lol.
SteveInAlaska
^

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2016, 01:50:37 PM »

Perhaps the marketing people are also in charge of the website and the part that calculates estimated delivery dates, would you trust that date under that scenario?  Embarrassed
kevalaska
^

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2016, 01:57:33 PM »

Unlike the MDR, the SCAR has an established track record in combat, and is military tested
and approved.  The MDR is brand new (scratch that, does not yet exist), and there is zero proof
out there that it is reliable. It is going into people's hands with zero track record of any type. People are going to want to know what this rifle is capable of after waiting as long as they have.

I won't be doing any insane tests, only because I don't want to risk damaging it. But I will
keep my eyes open and be reading any and all range reports that you guys will be writing about long
before I decide to buy, lol.
  I must say as the date gets closer, I am very concerned about the reliability more than anything else
whenyougottogo
^

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2016, 10:51:23 PM »

I have no intentions of intentionally abusing the thing, but i've got a reasonable stockpile of ammo I plan on blasting through it once I have it in hand. Mostly for fun  Tongue, partially to make up for the extended wait, and also to prove the thing to myself if anything! Hoping for zero issues.
INV136

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2016, 11:15:05 PM »

Perhaps the marketing people are also in charge of the website and the part that calculates estimated delivery dates, would you trust that date under that scenario?  Embarrassed

I don't know who is involved in updating the website. I definitely don't know whether the marketing people are in charge of the website, but, I doubt it. They have one job and that is marketing, not, manufacturing, testing, packaging, shipping and IT. Your scenario is illogical. Since DT executives have already addressed the main reason for the delay (contractor issue), I have no reason to doubt the accuracy of the listed estimate of delivery date. Nor do I intend to whine, cry, and gnash my teeth because the estimated delivery date has been moved forward because of human created issues beyond the control of the manufacturer.

If I'm on the highway headed in to work and a drunk driver smashes his car into mine causing me to be late for work, that is something manmade that is beyond my control. I'm no going to be whining about something I can't control (being late for work). No point in it.    
jeff4952
^

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2016, 02:30:15 PM »

Since DT executives have already addressed the main reason for the delay (contractor issue), I have no reason to doubt the accuracy of the listed estimate of delivery date.

You actually believed that? The timeline and additional delays don't add up. It smelled like BS the moment I heard it.  Everything that's happened since is basically par for the course in with my personal experience behind the curtain at larger company's.

That being said, I hope they take as much time as they need to get the rifle right.  The MDR ticks lots of boxes for me and I hope it turns out to be a great rifle.   In that sense i'm happy they delayed rather than releasing something that was not quite ready.
INV136

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2016, 11:51:19 AM »

I have no reason or "evidence" to not believe that the contractor's labor strike wasn't the cause of the delay. If I recall correctly the strike caused a 7 week delay. If you really think DT executives are a bunch of liars, then why would you considering doing any business with them at all? I wouldn't if I thought that. If I believed as you do I wouldn't believe anything DT has to say about all of their products.

There is an old court theory that says if a witness lies once then everything he says cannot be trusted. Your statements are contradictory. On one hand you say DT is being untruthful about the contractor's employees strike. I guess in your mind people never go on strike. On the other hand you say you hope they take as much time as they need to get the rifle right. Why would you want to buy a rifle that you believe is made by a bunch of liars?  Roll Eyes 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length