Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2017, 03:21:10 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  RDB Alternate Hand Guard and Charging Handle Kit
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RDB Alternate Hand Guard and Charging Handle Kit  (Read 1919 times)
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: December 05, 2016, 07:52:49 PM »

Starting this thread to see if there's interest for Kel-tec to offer an alternate hand guard and charging handle possibly bundled in a kit.  See images below of the alternate hand guard which is slightly shorter than the current production offering along with sling mounts on the bottom rather than top.  Likewise, see alternate charging handle.  Please comment on preference if you could as interest could convince Kel-Tec to consider this.  Thanks.

Alternate Hand Guard

Alternate Charging Handle

« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 07:57:16 PM by HBeretta » Logged
Heavy

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 10:12:37 PM »

I personally prefer oversized charging handles over slim folding ones, so im with ya there. But I dont see the benefit of the handguard. A longer forend braces the barrel better, more space for a longer grip, the higher sling points dont interfere with grip. What's the appeal?
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 10:37:39 PM »

I personally prefer oversized charging handles over slim folding ones, so im with ya there. But I dont see the benefit of the handguard. A longer forend braces the barrel better, more space for a longer grip, the higher sling points dont interfere with grip. What's the appeal?

I removed the hand guard to install my compensator...was that close to the lock nut.  Not a big fan of the current taper and would prefer the lower sling mount I think...similar to Ruger or m&p sport 556 with QD mount etc...just ahead of the short hand guard.  But, you may be right though which would explain the production version.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 10:46:11 PM by HBeretta » Logged
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 04:02:51 AM »

Another reason to add is aftermarket muzzle brakes.  The natural tendency is to reach out on the handguard for me, which is where I've installed my magpul afg at the very end.  But, I have a SJC titan compensator installed.  The muzzle flash has discolored that end of my handguard and has burned the back of my hand slightly albeit very minor.  Did burn the hairs off though.  It's the best compensator on the market so I'm not removing it, so a shorter hand guard like above would be ideal for me.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 04:07:28 AM by HBeretta » Logged
Heavy

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 04:22:46 AM »

Screenshot from the RDB survival shows a significantly shorter handguard with no sling mount. The barrel is only ~16inches. I doubt that will be the final version of that handguard, but I imagine moving forward all non-compliant rdbs will have that minimum barrel length with adjustable stock, so you may just need to wait for the next iteration of RDBs to come out and swap the pieces.

* 2016-12-07 02.36.05.png (422.84 KB, 1280x720 - viewed 61 times.)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 04:36:52 AM by Heavy » Logged
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 07:10:17 PM »

probably so.  below are a couple of photos showing what i mentioned regarding muzzle flash.  looks to be copper fouling caked on but i tried soaking with hoppes and goo gone...no luck.  i'm open to suggestions.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 07:12:15 PM by HBeretta » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length