Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 20, 2017, 02:42:03 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  UTAS UTS-15
| | |-+  Where to attach sling?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Where to attach sling?  (Read 8016 times)
JuniperToxic
New Posting Member

« on: December 05, 2016, 01:51:24 PM »

UTAS email server is full lol

I'm very confused on how to put a sling on this gun. I have seen some images where people appeared to use the pins that hold the lower together, and I believe the three hex bolts on the upper assembly are some kind of mounting point, but my local gun shop and I couldn't figure out where exactly a sling would be inserted and what kind of connects I need.  Are there factory replacement pins that extend the lower assembly points to be used, or some standard way to attach it to the hex bolts on the upper?
TheFeury
New Posting Member

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 04:59:03 PM »

The owner's manual shows the forward-most allen screw on the left side holding a sling swivel, but mine doesn't have that. It might be a cost-cutting measure they started doing. I got a 3rd-gen UTS 15 brand new and it also didn't come with iron sights, the "breaching" choke, or the multi tool.

Their website sells slings, but not any way to attach them which is weird. There are aftermarket sling attachment points that clip to rails. If your gun didn't come with sling attachments, that's probably what you're gonna have to use.
Billofrights

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 06:48:49 PM »

The owner's manual shows the forward-most allen screw on the left side holding a sling swivel, but mine doesn't have that. It might be a cost-cutting measure they started doing. I got a 3rd-gen UTS 15 brand new and it also didn't come with iron sights, the "breaching" choke, or the multi tool.

Their website sells slings, but not any way to attach them which is weird. There are aftermarket sling attachment points that clip to rails. If your gun didn't come with sling attachments, that's probably what you're gonna have to use.

Both the iron sights and the breaching choke are optional upgrades, they don't come stock in the box.
TheFeury
New Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 05:32:57 AM »

Was not aware of that. I saw a bunch of early ones come with that stuff, so I just thought they started leaving them out due to poor sales early on. Still, really weird there's no way to attach a sling, especially considering how bulky this gun is.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length