Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2018, 07:56:01 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  FNH
| | |-+  P90 / PS90 P90 icon
| | | |-+  Any submachine gun you'd prefer to the PS90??
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Any submachine gun you'd prefer to the PS90??  (Read 7936 times)
300winmag

« on: December 04, 2016, 07:25:33 PM »

As I look over the old (UZI) and new subguns (CZ Scorpion EVO3) I still see nothing as innovative as the P90/PS90, either in design or cartridge.

Yeah, the Germans have a cartridge even smaller than the Five/Seven but no more effective. Guess they couldn't stomach using a not-invented-in-Deutchland cartridge.

I'm still lovin' my PS90. Got four custom mag pouches, 6 mags and lots of ammo. Can't complain.

Maybe i'll get a Vortex SPARC II red dot to replace my Bushnell TRS red dot for a bit more durability.

Eric B.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 11:43:01 PM by 300winmag » Logged
7n6

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 03:08:08 PM »

I read somewhere that you can't reload for FN 5.7 cartridge or do so at great risk. For me personally, I'd say if they made it in 9mm then it would be fine. So for my personal sub guns I use MP5 types. 5.7 is a 50K PSI round versus 9mm which is a 35K PSI round.

Dude blew his thumb off with a reload supposedly firing out of battery- no thanks.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/02/27/fn-five-seven-kaboom/
Rabies

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 05:02:18 PM »

I have been dealing with this same problem, if it was chambered in 9mm, I would already own one.
maleante
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 06:06:55 PM »

I've been on and off about buying a PS90 for quite a while. I even bought 10 50rd mags back in 2008. Someone I know is SS and has had extensive training on the P90, he related that it's a great weapon but it takes too many rounds to take someone down.

I know what you're thinking - don't they use it on full auto because that would negate the rounds on target problem. I asked that question, and was told that like the military they shoot it in semi unless cover fire is needed, in which case they go to full auto.

That pretty much killed my desire for the PS90. Maybe one day I'll eventually get one, but not now.
mpd3285
^

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 09:39:21 PM »

I have carried the MP5, Colt 635 9mm SMG and now the HK UMP40 for a while in LE capacity. All are great guns with individual strengths.  I have a 9mm AUG that I love.  I recently bought a PS90 that I plan to SBR.  The "loaded" weight of the gun, simplicity of design, balance, recoil impulse, and my own ballistic testing have made me a fan.  The drop in ammo prices has also made it affordable.  The weight of traveling with 50 rounds of 5.7x28 is a fraction of 50 rounds 9mm, 40, or 5.56. The PS90 probably weighs close to what two 30 round mags of 40cal clamped for the UMP weigh.(exaggeration). I have taught my wife on many of my long guns, but she picked up the manual of arms for the PS90 faster than any other and was most comfortable shooting it compared to my SMGs and 9mm AUG. 

Steyr AUG= Austrian combat Legos since 1977.
Why SBR when you can AUG?! - Haven't we been taxed enough already?
pilot4prophet

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 09:22:58 AM »

I have carried the MP5, Colt 635 9mm SMG and now the HK UMP40 for a while in LE capacity. All are great guns with individual strengths.  I have a 9mm AUG that I love.  I recently bought a PS90 that I plan to SBR.  The "loaded" weight of the gun, simplicity of design, balance, recoil impulse, and my own ballistic testing have made me a fan.  The drop in ammo prices has also made it affordable.  The weight of traveling with 50 rounds of 5.7x28 is a fraction of 50 rounds 9mm, 40, or 5.56. The PS90 probably weighs close to what two 30 round mags of 40cal clamped for the UMP weigh.(exaggeration). I have taught my wife on many of my long guns, but she picked up the manual of arms for the PS90 faster than any other and was most comfortable shooting it compared to my SMGs and 9mm AUG. 

Just got my stamp, and ditto on your points. My wife has limited ability, but she can work the PS90 just fine. Compare the ammo weight (and volume) to other cartridges. I'm really sold on the whole concept.

P4P
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 10:21:07 AM »

HK UMP in .45acp is a beast with a slow cyclical rate that offers serious knock down power and controllability.

There is nothing better than a 45 smg IMHO.
300winmag

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 11:58:26 PM »

Maleante,

Ya gotta remember the military is using FMJ bullets that pass through tissue. Yeah, they will penetrate type III ballistic vests but still pass through without expanding.

WE, on the other hand have plastic tipped expanding hunting style bullets and they have a lot more kinetic energy in tissue and bone when they mushroom. As an insane bumper sticker says, "Face shoot the f***ers".

Eric B.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length