Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2017, 03:23:36 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  RDB Broken firing pin
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RDB Broken firing pin  (Read 1935 times)
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: November 29, 2016, 07:54:26 PM »

Now I realize this is common especially on the ar15 side of the market with all the 3rd party support for stainless steel and titanium firing pins.  Unfortunately, with Kel-Tec's patent pending designs it makes it difficult to just order a firing pin online to replace a broken one.  Before even purchasing the gun I thought of components that many look to upgrade like the bolt, firing pins and extractor springs etc...  Even worse, firingpins.com makes titanium pins for kel-tec p11s...   I know firing pins are pretty cheap but it's just damn embarrassing when you get to the range and setup your spotting scope to zero your RDB for 100 yds, insert the mag and nothing.

Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 10:18:05 AM »

Holy cow! I hope you get that fixed, pronto!!

Let us know how it goes.
Sdevante
^

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 11:45:24 AM »

LOL. Welcome to the world of Kel Tec.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 01:12:31 PM »

it's a fun world for sure and their customer service has been outstanding...Kel-tec sent out a replacement pin same day i submitted a service request.  it's all good...they make the funnest bullpup to shoot hands down.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 01:14:03 PM by HBeretta » Logged
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 02:23:40 PM »

Hehe I was going to say the same thing  Wink I think he is now learning the hard way about Kel tec quality control. At least they are taking care of him fast. The worst thing is having to send a gun back to them. It could be MONTHS before you get it back.
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 03:11:27 PM »

I admit, the only thing holding back the RDB is quality control. The rifle is otherwise far more
advanced than any other bullpup rifle on the market currently in terms of features and capabilities.

If they could only improve quality control, this rifle would be tough to beat. The RDB is a
true winner in terms of ergonomics, features, weight, accuracy etc. All they need to do is make it
work consistently, and you would have what amounts to the best assault rifle made to date, imo.

Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 03:13:43 PM »

Honestly, I kind of hope some other company like BCM or Noveske would go ahead and
make their own copies of the RDB, much like how the AR is being made by everyone. Then
you wouldn't have to worry about Keltec's CQ issues.  Or even having private entities make their
own using 80% parts.
Sdevante
^

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 03:45:07 PM »

If they could only improve quality control, this rifle would be tough to beat. The RDB is a
true winner in terms of ergonomics, features, weight, accuracy etc. All they need to do is make it
work consistently, and you would have what amounts to the best assault rifle made to date, imo.

This is what kills me about Kel Tec. I give them a hard time, but only because I really, REALLY love the RFB - I think in a utilitarian way, it may be the most beautiful rifle ever. But then I got one and had nothing but trouble with it, broken parts, two gas pistons neither one of which would ever allow me to set the gas properly. Iíve heard it said before, but Kel Tec should come up with ideas, then license them to manufacturers that can properly implement the ideas. Bit off topic though, apologies.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2016, 05:18:00 PM »

I admit, the only thing holding back the RDB is quality control. The rifle is otherwise far more
advanced than any other bullpup rifle on the market currently in terms of features and capabilities.

if they refined the gun a little...and i'm talking higher quality components like smoother captive pins or quality firing pins instead of the budget ar15 pins that are included then there would be no comparison period.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 05:30:22 PM »

Hehe I was going to say the same thing  Wink I think he is now learning the hard way about Kel tec quality control. At least they are taking care of him fast. The worst thing is having to send a gun back to them. It could be MONTHS before you get it back.

lol...it's a firing pin.  jump into the ar15 side of the market and this can be a common occurence with budget ARs.  what i'm learning is they're designing guns like nobody else and aftermarket support is scarce as half of their product is patent pending...that's the hard part. 
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 05:32:09 PM »

This is what kills me about Kel Tec. I give them a hard time, but only because I really, REALLY love the RFB - I think in a utilitarian way, it may be the most beautiful rifle ever. But then I got one and had nothing but trouble with it, broken parts, two gas pistons neither one of which would ever allow me to set the gas properly. Iíve heard it said before, but Kel Tec should come up with ideas, then license them to manufacturers that can properly implement the ideas. Bit off topic though, apologies.

agreed...3rd party support would be paramount.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 07:27:57 PM by HBeretta » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length