Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2017, 12:12:48 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:        2017 SHOT Show       -       16 through 20, January, 2017       -       Sands Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  RDB in 300BLK.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RDB in 300BLK.  (Read 841 times)
45r

« on: November 10, 2016, 09:50:49 AM »

Anyone hear or read anything about when or if the 300BLK version will come out.
HBeretta

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 09:56:35 AM »

They,re still trying to meet 556 demand but at least what they mentioned back in June or July then again in early October about 556 production ramping up and that we should start seeing in gunshops  is playing out...I should know I bought one in early October at my local gunshop in a small town in Texas and they just got 2 more in.  

I'll ask about 300 blackout...kel-tec was good about response when setting up my rdb.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 09:58:36 AM by HBeretta » Logged
HBeretta

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 02:01:47 AM »

Ericka Marchiano
said about 14 hour(s) ago
Unfortunately, there hasn't been anymore mention on either one recently, so IF they make it into production, it's going to be a long while still.

Above is from kel-tec with regard to 300 blackout and m43.  Also, focus would be on a 9mm conversion kit followed by 6.5 grendel in that order.  Then maybe 7.62x39 and 308 in the years to come.  
Daring 6

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 09:24:43 PM »

Ericka Marchiano
Unfortunately, there hasn't been anymore mention on either one recently, so IF they make it into production, it's going to be a long while still.

Above is from kel-tec with regard to 300 blackout and m43.  Also, focus would be on a 9mm conversion kit followed by 6.5 grendel in that order.  Then maybe 7.62x39 and 308 in the years to come.  

This topic was discussed months and months ago at the Kel-Tec Owners Group Forum , and the official word from Kel- Tec was then ( and is still I believe their current thinking ) that NO RDB's will be built in that caliber . The " powers that be " at Kel-Tec DO NOT LIKE that caliber , and are not going to produce any firearms in that caliber . If  you want a SA rifle or carbine in that caliber , get one on an AR platform , or wait  for one to be produce on a TAVOR or MDR platform . Sorry to have to tell you that , but Kel - Tec will never produce a firearm in that caliber . That was made very clear to us at the Kel-Tec Owners Group Forum long ago .  Angry Cool
45r

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 09:20:34 AM »

Thanks for the info.
Will check them off.
Wonder why they don't like best round for suppressor use.
Some think it's not good enough I guess.
I've found it quite capable using the barnes blacktip bullets out to 300 yards in accuracy and performance.
Nothing has been as popular for sub-sonic application also.
Oh well,maybe I WI will see the results are worth the effort.
Daring 6

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 08:14:25 PM »

Thanks for the info.
Will check them off.
Wonder why they don't like best round for suppressor use.
Some think it's not good enough I guess.
I've found it quite capable using the barnes blacktip bullets out to 300 yards in accuracy and performance.
Nothing has been as popular for sub-sonic application also.
Oh well,maybe I WI will see the results are worth the effort.

Hi " 45r " !

I also like the .300 Blackout . I have a Stag Arms 1L ( left handed ) that I purchased a complete Left handed upper for earlier this year and just love shooting it at open ranges ! I also think that they are never going to make a RDB in .308 Winchester caliber . The RDB is just too lightly built to take the kind of punishment and recoil , and too light in weight for that caliber of round . I have an RFB 24 Hunter and that rifle is overbuilt and relatively heavily built so that it can take the kind of long term punishment of that caliber ( .308 Winchester ) . And it does so , very effectively . I know that for a fact ; I have put through that gun over 3,000 rounds now .

As for the RDB in other calibers , my guess is that they probably will eventually produce it in 7.62 mm / 39 Russian ( AK-47 ) caliber , but not in 6.5 Grendel caliber . There is just no market for a firearm as an assault rifle in 6.5 Grendel ; as a long range target rifle , YES , but a self defense weapon , NO . Kel-Tec told all of us back in 2008 that the RFB would be produced in various other calibers and in 4 different barrel lengths ( 18 " , 24 " , 28 " , and 32 " ) . Only the Carbine and Hunter versions have been produced , and only in .308 Winchester / 7.62 mm / 51 NATO caliber . So , I really would not put a lot of faith in the press releases from Kel-Tec Management . Even with the Russian round version , why would any one spend $1800.00 USD on a rifle when all you need is $300.00 USD for a SA version of the AK ? I don't think that they will sell a lot of that version even if they do produce it .  Cool 
ktwm

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 03:07:23 PM »

Ericka Marchiano

This topic was discussed months and months ago at the Kel-Tec Owners Group Forum , and the official word from Kel- Tec was then ( and is still I believe their current thinking ) that NO RDB's will be built in that caliber . The " powers that be " at Kel-Tec DO NOT LIKE that caliber , and are not going to produce any firearms in that caliber . If  you want a SA rifle or carbine in that caliber , get one on an AR platform , or wait  for one to be produce on a TAVOR or MDR platform . Sorry to have to tell you that , but Kel - Tec will never produce a firearm in that caliber . That was made very clear to us at the Kel-Tec Owners Group Forum long ago .  Angry Cool

this is 100% false.
300 BLK was listed as a planned RDB version in the last SHOT show catalog. In fact the cover photo of the RDB in that catalog is the 300BLK prototype (.308 can is on it).

There is plenty of love for 300BLK at Kel-Tec. Just need to get more standard RDB's out before making any conversion kits.
HBeretta

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 07:46:33 PM »

The red text is copy and paste from kel-tec support...obviously demand changes things.  Do you work for kel-tec or have insider info?
ktwm

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2016, 01:52:11 PM »

I was not referring to the red text....that is accurate....It is going to be a while, and customer service has not been told anything about it in quite a while (they are usually the last to know about new products).

The text bellow that was written by Daring6 is the 100% inacurate stuff:
This topic was discussed months and months ago at the Kel-Tec Owners Group Forum , and the official word from Kel- Tec was then ( and is still I believe their current thinking ) that NO RDB's will be built in that caliber . The " powers that be " at Kel-Tec DO NOT LIKE that caliber , and are not going to produce any firearms in that caliber . If  you want a SA rifle or carbine in that caliber , get one on an AR platform , or wait  for one to be produce on a TAVOR or MDR platform . Sorry to have to tell you that , but Kel - Tec will never produce a firearm in that caliber . That was made very clear to us at the Kel-Tec Owners Group Forum long ago .  Angry Cool

The Idea that "Kel - Tec will never produce a firearm in that[300BLK] caliber" is just not true. There were plans (and some prototypes) of 300BLK SU-16's but the RDB is a much better platform for it (adjustable gas is a must for both subsonic and supersonic function), and the SU-300 project was scrapped in favor of the RDB.

And yes, I do work for Kel-Tec
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 01:54:16 PM by ktwm » Logged
Daring 6

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 09:26:55 PM »

I was not referring to the red text....that is accurate....It is going to be a while, and customer service has not been told anything about it in quite a while (they are usually the last to know about new products).

The text bellow that was written by Daring6 is the 100% inacurate stuff:
This topic was discussed months and months ago at the Kel-Tec Owners Group Forum , and the official word from Kel- Tec was then ( and is still I believe their current thinking ) that NO RDB's will be built in that caliber . The " powers that be " at Kel-Tec DO NOT LIKE that caliber , and are not going to produce any firearms in that caliber . If  you want a SA rifle or carbine in that caliber , get one on an AR platform , or wait  for one to be produce on a TAVOR or MDR platform . Sorry to have to tell you that , but Kel - Tec will never produce a firearm in that caliber . That was made very clear to us at the Kel-Tec Owners Group Forum long ago .  Angry Cool

I just posted what I posted on what was stated by Kel-Tec reps on the K-T Owners Group Forum when that topic came up on it in a thread about 16 months ago . If management has changed it's mind about producing a RDB in .300 Blackout Cal . , all to the good . But I still have to see it to believe it ; and I am not holding my breath . REMEMBER : Kel-Tec Management also said that they were going to produce the RFB in 28 inch and 32 inch barrel lengths also . How many RFB 28 inch barrel length and 32 inch barrel length rifles have you seen for sale out in the public domain . How about ZERO !  The words from Kel-Tec are NOT to be trusted ; at least NOT by me !  Cool

The Idea that "Kel - Tec will never produce a firearm in that[300BLK] caliber" is just not true. There were plans (and some prototypes) of 300BLK SU-16's but the RDB is a much better platform for it (adjustable gas is a must for both subsonic and supersonic function), and the SU-300 project was scrapped in favor of the RDB.

And yes, I do work for Kel-Tec

HBeretta

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 01:07:33 AM »

@ ktwm...digressing here, any chance of purchasing the shorter handguard that were on the prototype RDBs?  Likewise, with regard to alternate charging handle.  See image below for reference; handguard is slightly shorter with sling mounts on the bottom instead of the top.

ktwm

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2016, 12:28:19 PM »

@ ktwm...digressing here, any chance of purchasing the shorter handguard that were on the prototype RDBs?  Likewise, with regard to alternate charging handle.  See image below for reference; handguard is slightly shorter with sling mounts on the bottom instead of the top.

There are still some of those early prototypes around (50 to 100 sets is my guess). maybe start another thread and see if there is some interest in it. Might be sold in kit form though (all hardware, but you assemble).
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length