Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 02:38:36 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  Rdb malfunction
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Rdb malfunction  (Read 8525 times)
medicrn11
^

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2016, 07:58:33 AM »

More does matter. I expect good communication with people who take my money. I expect that when I am inconvenienced they go out of their way. Why is this? Because I work for a living and every job I have ever had this is what has been expected from me and this is my money. I have to do a 15 page report for every patient contact I have, 4 lines wouldn't have killed them. If you are content with poor qc, from a company with minimal communication and one that does the bare minimum to make up for this complete lack of effort, that's your prerogative.
medicrn11
^

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2016, 04:41:49 PM »

Not a fan of kel tec at all. Think they polished my feed ramp with 1 grit. It fires now but it is double feeding.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2016, 10:56:06 PM »

I wouldn't be content nor have I had communication issues.  I'm assuming you opened a service ticket with them online.  I did not due to issues but had questions about gas settings and future products and they answered them all and within the same day on separate occasions.

With regard to the double feeds it makes no sense that kel-tec would polish Melonite or even try.  Post pics so I can compare to mine.  99 percent of double feeds are magazine related.  Did you adjust your gas settings?  If so what gas setting are you on?  Do your spent casings have slight indentations?  What magazines are you using?  Steel cased ammo?  Etc....
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 11:04:11 PM by HBeretta » Logged
medicrn11
^

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2016, 12:23:14 PM »

Casings look fine. Use pmags and brownells steel mags. Took 4 with me to shoot 120 rounds. All mags have been tested and function appropriately in 8 other rifles. Ammo was xtac, 93, and PMC. All had issues. Gas setting was adjusted. Will take it out one more time with 150 more rounds before I call kel tec again. I believe this is from the weak recoil spring which I have read can cause double feeds, as well as a malfunctioning extractor but you are correct that most doubles are from a magazine. Most of them occurred with a 40 round pmag which I have only used with a tavor and scar with 0 issues
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2016, 12:25:16 AM »

i'd immediately buy the BCM extractor spring upgrade kit.  i have one on the way myself.  definitely not your feed ramp and definitely not your mags...so your issue has me curious.  i wasn't in a hurry but after reading about similar issues which happens on the ar15 side of the spectrum as well i'm going to go ahead and install.  let us know if this fixes your problem.  not sure what else to think of with regard to fix.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Extractor-Spring-Uprade-Kit-p/bcm-exspring-1.htm

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 12:30:25 AM by HBeretta » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length