Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 16, 2018, 12:28:09 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Best ejection port cover for use with suppressor
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Best ejection port cover for use with suppressor  (Read 3749 times)
BoltActionAssault

« on: October 19, 2016, 04:40:49 PM »

I know this question has been asked before, but I haven't seen any recent discussion comparing some of the latest products... I am aware of 3 options:
-Midwest Industries
-Gear Head Works
-Manticore Arms

What are the top solutions to eliminating gas leaks out of the ejection port? Is the Manticore the only one that blocks all the gas from the port? I also saw someone had luck with making a gasket for their Midwest cover.
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 06:07:29 PM »

Our FLEx is the original and it is patented. The design doesn't require any extra rubber to seal it off. The problem you will have after using a cover, is that you will notice the gas escaping from other places like the back of the top rail.

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
afuntxcowboy

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 07:25:29 PM »

Yep... the Gas still has to go somewhere
BoltActionAssault

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 07:26:32 PM »

Our FLEx is the original and it is patented. The design doesn't require any extra rubber to seal it off. The problem you will have after using a cover, is that you will notice the gas escaping from other places like the back of the top rail.

Does the FLEx completly seal the ejection port so there is zero gas leaking from it?
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 07:31:31 PM »

Does the FLEx completly seal the ejection port so there is zero gas leaking from it?

It sealed it so much we could not detect any. All that was recorded was coming from the open ejection port, back of the top rail or gas block vents. There is enough that comes from those areas that some people just assume the FLEx isn't working. Truth is they just didn't realize that gas comes from other places too.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
Border Dave
^

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 08:14:46 PM »

The problem you will have after using a cover, is that you will notice the gas escaping from other places like the back of the top rail.

How do we seal that area?  Does installing any of your aftermarket top rails take care of that problem?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 08:16:40 PM by Border Dave » Logged
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 08:26:47 PM »

The problem you will have after using a cover, is that you will notice the gas escaping from other places like the back of the top rail.

How do we seal that area?  Does installing any of your aftermarket top rails take care of that problem?

Unfortunately no. I saw where somebody used RTV around the back of the rail but if you have to swap barrels, it isn't feasible. I drilled holes in my gas tube to direct the gas out the open ejection port. But I have not been able to do much shooting to test how well it worked. I know another member here used my thread on how to do it and did something similar.

pilot4prophet

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 01:21:28 AM »

I'm running a flex cover and a Dakota Silencer Varminter 2.0 on my Tavor.
It's a high efficiency thread on titanium can. We did some recreational shooting (no mag dumps) and didn't experience a gas problem.
It's hard to completely seal a gun designed like the Tavor. The gas escapes the same way the heat does, through vents in the body. Sealing off the one right under your nose helps, but not perfect.

P4P
Grizz

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018, 07:19:16 PM »

I've been looking for the manticor port cover and its sold out everywhere plus prices range from $45-$75  Shocked

Anyone know where I can find one??
cciman

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 10:51:59 AM »

I don't have a suppressor.

I use black Gorilla duct tape over the port covers in both my SAR and x95. Grin 

* 20180408_104355[1].jpg (2771.54 KB, 3264x1836 - viewed 109 times.)
Grizz

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 07:40:00 PM »

Do they make the tape in FDE?
SteveD

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 01:08:57 AM »

I used RTV to seal up anything I felt like I wanted to, and used multicam duct tape (doesn't match my rattle can job, but it will do) off Amazon for $5 to take over the RTV. I sealed off the ejection port and 50% of the top rail, with a lot more focus on the rear end. Then taped over to get rid of the red color and kinda help further seal it off.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length