Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 11:07:45 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News: 2015 SHOT Show                                              20-23 January, 2015                               Las Vegas, NV                              The firearms industry convention and show...                              ...will be covered by BullpupForum.com!                              Check back here for all the Bullpup action from SHOT Show 2015!               

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
Brownells . . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . . . . . . . FFL123.com . . . carhartt . . . K & M Arms
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  All Other Bullpup Rifles
| | |-+  Modifying a Century Arms (ak-47) bullpup
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Modifying a Century Arms (ak-47) bullpup  (Read 1362 times)
Athena

« on: September 26, 2012, 10:42:59 AM »

I realize that most likely these are not to be modified, and I should be happy with the way it is, as is... but I really want to put a scope on mine. I scared crapless to drill in the plastic though, I'm sure after I shoot a few rounds she'll get too hot for the hole drilled.

Any one else modify theirs?

BTW I am pleased the way she is now, and am willing to just let her be, but I have an extra scope and would love to put it on.

I'm a prepper, I tattooed my makeup... I'll look good killing the zombies Wink
LKermit

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 07:16:43 AM »

Athena:

Does your AK have the riveted scope mount on the left side of the receiver?  It would be underneath your heat shield/cheek piece.  If it is there, you are GTG as far as scope mounts.

If not, then you'll probably need to go with an up-and-over style scope rail, which would mean losing your rear sight, so there would be no co-witness with the iron sights.

http://www.copesdistributing.net/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=AK+scope+rail&x=5&y=16

I am running one on my Saiga .223 bullpup, and like it a bunch.  It mounts with one screw at the rear tang, and slips under your adjustable rear site ramp mount, in its place.

KTF
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length