Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2014, 04:38:08 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News: 2015 SHOT Show                                              20-23 January, 2015                               Las Vegas, NV                              The firearms industry convention and trade-show...                              ...will be covered by BullpupForum.com!                              Check back here for all the Bullpup action from SHOT Show 2015!               

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
Brownells . . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . . . . . . . FFL123.com . . . carhartt . . . K & M Arms . . . J Bunting Machine
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  All Other Bullpup Rifles
| | |-+  Modifying a Century Arms (ak-47) bullpup
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Modifying a Century Arms (ak-47) bullpup  (Read 1438 times)
Athena

« on: September 26, 2012, 09:42:59 AM »

I realize that most likely these are not to be modified, and I should be happy with the way it is, as is... but I really want to put a scope on mine. I scared crapless to drill in the plastic though, I'm sure after I shoot a few rounds she'll get too hot for the hole drilled.

Any one else modify theirs?

BTW I am pleased the way she is now, and am willing to just let her be, but I have an extra scope and would love to put it on.

I'm a prepper, I tattooed my makeup... I'll look good killing the zombies Wink
LKermit

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 06:16:43 AM »

Athena:

Does your AK have the riveted scope mount on the left side of the receiver?  It would be underneath your heat shield/cheek piece.  If it is there, you are GTG as far as scope mounts.

If not, then you'll probably need to go with an up-and-over style scope rail, which would mean losing your rear sight, so there would be no co-witness with the iron sights.

http://www.copesdistributing.net/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=AK+scope+rail&x=5&y=16

I am running one on my Saiga .223 bullpup, and like it a bunch.  It mounts with one screw at the rear tang, and slips under your adjustable rear site ramp mount, in its place.

KTF
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length