Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 24, 2019, 01:29:25 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  Standard Manufacturing's DP-12 & SKO-BULL
| | |-+  My second DP-12
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My second DP-12  (Read 2689 times)
gunhand

« on: October 01, 2016, 06:24:34 PM »

A few months back I got my first DP-12, and I loved it. I did however, make the fatal mistake of letting my girlfriend shoot it. And as usual, that now required me to obtain another one if I ever want to shoot it.

So I found a local add here in Las Vegas for a DP-12 looking for a new home. It had fifty rounds of bird shot fired through it, and the owner had installed the stand off brakes, and had a custom Pelican type case for it. So I gave it a new home today.

Once home I installed the red dot optic and a Magpul rail section to hold the TLR-1 light. I go to the range Tuesday, so I'm sure it will function flawlessly.

* DP-12.JPG (98.86 KB, 640x480 - viewed 574 times.)
rogertc1

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 09:31:05 PM »

Congrats on your purchase. I only have one of these quality shot guns.
Hogdoc

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 05:50:22 PM »

I only have one DP12. Best not to let a close loved one shoot it. Then you will own two.
klink

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 07:27:00 AM »

Well after reading everyone's comments and watching a bunch of videos, I jumped on the bandwagon and bought one. Think I got the wrong color though so am going to try to change order this AM. I'm hoping. Interested in favorite brands of cheap ammo (bulk) and from who to buy? Help here would be appreciated.
Hogdoc

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 07:45:54 AM »

Well after reading everyone's comments and watching a bunch of videos, I jumped on the bandwagon and bought one. Think I got the wrong color though so am going to try to change order this AM. I'm hoping. Interested in favorite brands of cheap ammo (bulk) and from who to buy? Help here would be appreciated.

Welcome to the world of the "double tap."
For range fun and practice, I buy from Walmart or a place like that, the 100 round box of bird shot and foster slugs.
For home defense, I like The Winchester Segmented Slug (right barrel) and Hornady Critical Defense 00 Buck (left barrel). I also keep a supply of Federal True Ball Deep Penetrator (copper plated) slugs on hand.

There is nothing like being able to "double tap" a 12 gauge, shuck it, then do it again!
gunhand

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 11:42:46 AM »

I got a really good deal locally on a few cases of both Estate and Spartan 00 Buck. They both run fine through my DP-12 and the other pump guns I have.

For serious social occasions, I prefer the Remington LE low recoil 8 pellet 00 Buck. It has a very tight group and functions flawlessly in my DP-12.
klink

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 06:14:23 AM »

Well my order was cancelled but they would not let me just change it to a color they had in stock. Have to cancel original then re-order which for me involves having my credit card issuer acknowledge the cancellation, apply the funds back and then do another new charge. New wait. Still going to get one though. Thanks for the info on ammo types and sources.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length