Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2017, 09:52:22 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  Tavor X95 Accuracy review
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Tavor X95 Accuracy review  (Read 12353 times)
M4556

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2016, 07:14:28 PM »

Checked back in on the BULLPUP section on ARCOM and the discussion about X95 was locked. When asked to prove assertions, the best the expurts there could come up with was: "There are tons of videos about it on YouTube."

Smiley
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2016, 03:17:59 AM »

Checked back in on the BULLPUP section on ARCOM and the discussion about X95 was locked. When asked to prove assertions, the best the expurts there could come up with was: "There are tons of videos about it on YouTube."

Smiley

They've got their BS degrees from YouTube University.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2016, 09:29:15 PM »

« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 09:26:40 PM by RabbitSlayer » Logged
kingof9x

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2016, 07:41:10 PM »

At the operator course that IWI ran they addressed the elephant in the room by having us shoot at man sized, 12 inch, and 6 inch steel plates at 300 yards. Everybody was able to hit the man sized and 12 inch plate reliably with no magnification. Everybody was able to hit the 6 inch plate, some more consistently than me probably because they have better shooting fundamentals than I do.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2016, 10:21:17 PM »

I think 2 moa is really good.
It's much more accurate than any of my AKs lol.

I use my Tavor x95 for varmint hunting and it does great.

Sub moa accuracy means nothing when shooting off hand.

I don't think anyone could shoot sub moa off hand.
Hivedr.

« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2016, 04:40:41 PM »

At the operator course that IWI ran they addressed the elephant in the room by having us shoot at man sized, 12 inch, and 6 inch steel plates at 300 yards. Everybody was able to hit the man sized and 12 inch plate reliably with no magnification. Everybody was able to hit the 6 inch plate, some more consistently than me probably because they have better shooting fundamentals than I do.

Hitting a 6" plate with a 2"-4" moa red dot topped rifle or even iron sights at 300 yards is not easy for most folks with any general issue mil spec NATO/Ally rifle in 5.56. Heck I would be hard pressed to even see a 6" plate at 300 yards without some kind of magnification. Though if I did seen it I am sure I could hit it with both my Aimpoint topped X95s. What more can be realistically asked of a general issue type fighting rifle.

RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2016, 04:51:40 PM »

I find it funny a lot of those people who talks about accuracy on the internet barely knows what target to use for zeroing at 25, 50, and 100 yards.

Type in google "(insert gun name) accuracy" I get a ton of threads and topics, yet googling "zeroing (insert gun name)" I barely get jack.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 04:53:39 PM by RadScorpius » Logged
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2016, 06:29:30 PM »

I find it funny a lot of those people who talks about accuracy on the internet barely knows what target to use for zeroing at 25, 50, and 100 yards.

Type in google "(insert gun name) accuracy" I get a ton of threads and topics, yet googling "zeroing (insert gun name)" I barely get jack.

Ya I agree.

The target I used in my pictures barely fits the red dot inside it.  So I enjoy using a 5" square at 100 yards. 
I have an astigmatism so red dots probably look a bit bigger to me than to many people.

The x95,is very accurate in my opinion, people who say it isn't are dumb.  Most of the people who trash talk the x95,don't even own one, they just believe whatever they read on the internet.

I think I could shrink my groups with a magnified optic.
Although I see no reason too, 2 moa is more than accurate enough for me.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2016, 07:30:27 PM »

Bump
tf2addict

« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2017, 02:18:16 AM »

Smiley

Aren't there?
tf2addict

« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2017, 02:21:11 AM »

Glad to see some 2 MOA groups because what is normally reported is 2-5. But people see one example of 2 MOA and say "see! Th X95 is accurate!" While at the same time dismissing every example showing it isn't all that.  Oh, and at the same time saying it's a battle rifle, accuracy doesn't matter anyway lol

Most testing seems to show accuracy is very ammo dependent. 

For the record if and when I get an X95 I will not be sweating accuracy.  It's good enough.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:59:15 AM by tf2addict » Logged
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2017, 02:33:24 AM »

Most of the people who trash talk the x95,don't even own one, they just believe whatever they read on the internet.

lol...your accuracy post is on the internet...should we believe it?  there's several established youtube firearms channels that illustrate the 3-5" moa accuracy of their x95 and then some.  obviously, each gun will vary slightly but reports aren't solely from people making s*** up...the x95 accuracy topic is just that a topic for a reason.  
tf2addict

« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2017, 02:37:47 AM »

All the X-95's shoot the same. Your comment about the ht over bore and the cant is right on the money. If you lay on the comb you have to actually lift off to focus with the scope. I use an x-tall mount with a variable scope : That solves the problem. SHooting offhand with a RDS I don't experience those issues :  1.5-2 MOA is what MAC stated . I've had an occasional .75 inch group. It averages around 2.25 . Which is GTG IMO . Why people expect sub MOA out of a Bullpup designed like this I don't know.

I'll have to watch MACs video again but I don't think he said it is a 1.5 MOA gun.
MarkB

« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2017, 11:33:07 AM »

Here is the video by MAC on the X95 and "Practical Accuracy".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=048WpuyTPv4
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2017, 09:34:28 PM »

11 shot group at 100 yards today, I was just leaning against my truck using a red dot.

My x95 is very accurate. 
Maybe some aren't, maybe some people just suck at shooting.  However MY x95 is very accurate.  If it wasn't accurate I would be pissed and would have sold it to get my money back.

However, my x95 shoots wonderfully.

RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2017, 09:51:11 PM »

Most of the people who trash talk the x95,don't even own one, they just believe whatever they read on the internet.

lol...your accuracy post is on the internet...should we believe it?  there's several established youtube firearms channels that illustrate the 3-5" moa accuracy of their x95 and then some.  obviously, each gun will vary slightly but reports aren't solely from people making s*** up...the x95 accuracy topic is just that a topic for a reason.  

Let me guess, you're an AR15 fanboy?
Lol.

I like to experience things first hand before believing s*** I see on YouTube.  I don't care if it's a " well established youtube gun reviewer". 

Plenty of well known YouTube channels constantly talk s*** on AK's, AR's, Glocks, 1911s etc.. Should I not own any of those guns because people talk s*** about them on YouTube?

I've been shooting for many many years, and I trust my own firsthand experience over some guy who makes youtube videos on the internet.

If you dont believe my x95 shot those groups I posted from 100 yards I don't give a s***, at least I put out an unbiased accuracy review.

If I wasn't satisfied with the accuracy from this 2000$ gun, I would have got my money back and let people know my honest experience.

If some people's Tavors are truly inaccurate, and it's not shooter error, then that really sucks for them.   Fortunately mine is a tack driver.

I won't hesitate to buy another, and I am confident many other Tavors shoot just as well as mine if not better.
RabbitSlayer
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2017, 07:59:22 AM »

Bump
Major54

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2017, 10:31:57 PM »

The comparison between the Tavor which has TWO basic variants (SAR & X95) and the AR platform are unrealistic beyond the fact that they both use the same magazines and ammo. The AR has been in use for over FIFTY years and has evolved and proliferated to where there is literally no realistic way to define the number of variants.

Take a commercial AR15 circa 1970 and compare THAT to the Tavor. You know, before you could build a specific type or purpose built AR? I can speak definitively about the 1970's era semi-auto Colt AR-15's.  Accuracy was AT BEST in the 3inch plus range for the first 3-4 rounds and if you got it hot? Forget it! Reliability? Running well when "dirty"? Same. Hell you couldn't get a civilian AR with a forward assist readily. And that forward assist was needed - badly.

I guess my only point is that the Tavor/X95 is a babe in the woods compared to the highly refined, purpose built rifles on an AR platform that's over 50 years old. It's like comparing a Prius to an F150 as to which is the best off highway vehicle or conversely, comparing gas mileage. It's not only illogical, it borders on stupid. The Israeli's won't stick with and customize the Tavor system for fifty years so there won't be a realistic basis for comparison.

The Tavor is what it is. If you want to compare, compare different runs of the Tavor series. The Tavor does what it is designed to do. Yes it could be improved but again, don't try to make an aples to oranges comparison and expect anyone but the gullible to accept it. Using the same ammunition and magazines is not a basis for a side by side comparison. If you want great gas economy in a compact package, get a hybrid. If you want a reliable working vehicle that can haul cargo, get a pickup truck.

/rant

“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.” ― Robert Frost
Rick53
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2017, 09:04:28 AM »

Bump
Do you really believe Some or Most can't really shoot?
Heavy

« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2017, 09:55:32 AM »

Bump
Do you really believe Some or Most can't really shoot?

After having working on a public firing range for 2 years. Yes absolutely.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 10:00:29 AM by Heavy » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length