Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2017, 08:19:07 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor & X-95
| | |-+  Tavor X95 Accuracy review
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Tavor X95 Accuracy review  (Read 10176 times)
Hivedr.

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2016, 08:15:21 PM »

EDIT 9/28/16
Shot way better today for two reasons I believe.
First I got the rifle broken in, barrel is seasoned.
Second, I used a better target which allowed me to get a more consistent poa without washout.
My X95 is a 2 moa gun. Could probably do better with a better scope and ammo.

All group s are shot with wolf gold 55gr.
Best group of the day, 1.6 inches ( probably would have been smaller without wind).

2 inches

2.5 inches

2 inches

Anyway, I think maybe part of the reason people are having trouble with these guns is because the high bore axis, if you slightly cant the rifle, it will have negative effects on consistency.

I also want to talk about how I clean my barrels.

I run two oily patches down the barrel ( 10w 30 ) , one dry patch, then a few pulls of a bore snake.  That is all you need.  I also think it's important to shoot a few mags before you shoot for groups.  Seasoning a barrel is where you will find good accuracy.

I focused on breathing and I make sure to let the trigger surprise me, I'm sure most of the people reporting bad groups are jerking the trigger or something.  My gun is really freaking accurate, and I'm extremely happy.
All rounds were shot with an aimpiont pro.

If anyone is having bad groups with your x95, check your scope mounts, ammo, trigger control etc, the gun is very capable. 

My gun is in the 52xxx serial number range.
End of update

It's like I said above the more you shoot your X95 and get the "feel" for it the tighter your groups will be. Good to see you're getting the technic "feel" down. 2" with an Aimpoint at 100 is darn good shooting for any rifle.
david8613

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2016, 08:24:49 PM »

This is good stuff, you should post this on ar15.Com and show those guys. Evil
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2016, 08:32:11 PM »

They will brush it off as the same old "Jew propaganda/shill" excuse again.
dmcutter

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2016, 08:43:10 PM »

That sounds more like Stormfront...
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2016, 08:53:33 PM »

That sounds more like Stormfront...

I've seen it on almost every gun forum that isn't heavily regulated by mods. Some ARF.com member made a pic of Tim from MAC all hunched over like a stereotypical Jew.

Found the image:

dmcutter

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2016, 09:08:25 PM »

And people wonder why I feel compelled to be so heavily armed...
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2016, 10:00:25 PM »

I thought the civilized world is most rid of antisemitism until I got into Israeli guns, it saddens me, how naive have I been.
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2016, 02:40:00 AM »

Where was that pic of Tim posted?...GD forum?  I've never encountered anything like that in the ar15.com bullpup section.

I've never quite fully understood anti Semitism...and I'm a fairly good amateur historian in secular written history and the Bible.  The two main issues seem to be that there is jealousy in that they were "the chosen people of God"...and then later that they were responsible for killing Jesus...and I use those two situations as examples rather than justification of any opinion or action.

To see the level of focused hatred that certain segments of society exhibited toward Jews over history, it doesn't seem to justify the effort that some of them have generated.  I mean, the U.S. should probably continue to hate Japan and Germany, especially in the short lapse of time since WWII, but that's just not a huge issue in this country.  Why it is with some cultures and ideologies concerning the Jewish people must involve some real narrow-mindedness.

Well, I guess haters are gonna hate...and some of them are apparently gonna hate forever.  Israelis are a pretty kicka$$ people, and for the most part are going to be able to take care of business when needed...and they make some damned fine weapon systems too. Grin
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2016, 03:40:12 AM »

I don't know where it was originally posted, he mentioned that himself in a post on another forum, and I happened to find that image on Google. Tim wasn't happy when that image was posted, he asked the mods on ARF to delete it but they did nothing.
RabbitSlayer

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2016, 04:55:42 AM »

Lol.
Mac and I got into an argument once about AR's on the internet  rotfl
He is a cool guy, and I really like the stuff he puts out.  I disagree with some of the things he says, but he seems like a good guy who actually knows what he is talking about ( besides when he disagrees with me  Grin  )
As for Jews, I can't understand how people can hate Jews.  I support Israel 100%.  I wont rant about it here on this forum, but in regards to that part of the world, that is the only country I want my money going to when I buy a rifle from the region if you catch my drift.

Anyway..

WOW

THE TAVOR X95 IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

Is anyone reloading the Brass from their X95's?

Johnny Gunz

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2016, 09:05:11 AM »

Not to let this devolve into politics, or worse, but folks can despise the Nazi era German government, but still appreciate the armament they created.  I'm no fan of the old USSR, but love AK's.  X95's appear to be selling well, if some don't won't them, it's their loss.
bhunted

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2016, 11:55:38 AM »

loL, that tightening nub on the Aimpoint is gonna be a knuckle buster.

This would be my review for my X95. As I experienced everything you have.
As for a magnifier, I'd go with the Vortex. Can't beat it for the money and lifetime warranty.

I too was amazed that the irons were dead on. When sighting my pro, I had full co-witness so adjusted the dot to sit on front sight and bingo. Fastest dialing in I've ever done.

X95 is my new fav rifle as well as my first bullpup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hasn't been an issue yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is that a flaming pig you got on the muzzle?
How do you like it?  I have some Bulgarian 4pc flash hiders on some AK's and they are awesome, but heavy.  I figured the designs on the pig and Bulgarian are almost the same.

If you ever want to reverse your aimpoint mount, it's pretty easy, and hardly even changes your poi, you just take the mount screws out and reverse the charging handle, that's what I did to mine in the OP.

I think I was to buy a trijicon MRO and put it on the X95 to save some weight though.  Every time I take my Aimpoint pro off of a rifle, the rifle feels way lighter.
loL, that tightening nub on the Aimpoint is gonna be a knuckle buster.

This would be my review for my X95. As I experienced everything you have.
As for a magnifier, I'd go with the Vortex. Can't beat it for the money and lifetime warranty.

I too was amazed that the irons were dead on. When sighting my pro, I had full co-witness so adjusted the dot to sit on front sight and bingo. Fastest dialing in I've ever done.

X95 is my new fav rifle as well as my first bullpup.

Hasn't been an issue yet.

Is that a flaming pig you got on the muzzle?
How do you like it?  I have some Bulgarian 4pc flash hiders on some AK's and they are awesome, but heavy.  I figured the designs on the pig and Bulgarian are almost the same.

If you ever want to reverse your aimpoint mount, it's pretty easy, and hardly even changes your poi, you just take the mount screws out and reverse the charging handle, that's what I did to mine in the OP.

I think I was to buy a trijicon MRO and put it on the X95 to save some weight though.  Every time I take my Aimpoint pro off of a rifle, the rifle feels way lighter.

Nope, just put it on and have to hit range yet. It is the Fortis Control set. Not heavy at all. It has the easy on off shield. Was going to go for the Surefire set, but they are always out of stock and way too expensive.

As for the Aimpoint, I have no prob with the knob, the weight is centered and it doesn't affect my shooting.
Anywho, here is the brake setup. Smiley

http://fortismfg.com/ar15-fortis-control-bundle-black

Ehem? 🙄

dmcutter

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2016, 12:16:03 PM »

Is that a Streamlight WML? Botach just had those for a good price, but I'm a little disappointed in their stated battery life. I do like the small size and shape, though. How is the beam pattern and throw?
bhunted

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2016, 12:55:13 PM »

Inforce.... throws a nice tight 500 lumen beam. Has a battery life  about 2 hours. Modes, on, mom on, strobing....
I usually go Streamlights but wanted to try this for a change. I like it.

InForce WMLX Multifunction 500 Lu. Weapon Mounted Light, White LED, Flat Dark Earth INF-WMLX-F-W https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JL58EPS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_Uuu7xb45Z14WM

Is that a Streamlight WML? Botach just had those for a good price, but I'm a little disappointed in their stated battery life. I do like the small size and shape, though. How is the beam pattern and throw?

GunStarHero

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2016, 05:43:42 PM »

I don't know where it was originally posted, he mentioned that himself in a post on another forum, and I happened to find that image on Google. Tim wasn't happy when that image was posted, he asked the mods on ARF to delete it but they did nothing.
I'm fairly certain from which sub-forum that image spawned, but I won't mention it's name here in polite company.  Lets just say there was recent magazine article about the internet troll culture and it was ranked as the second worse site on the entire internet.

Personally Ive never heard anything regarding the Tavor, other than one time in a gunstore I overheard an older gentlemen mention something to his friend like "Oh, that's that Jewish gun...", or something like that... What religion a rifle pertains to I guess he had some kind of special insight.
Razvedka

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2016, 12:39:42 PM »

You're referring to /k/.

I go there all the time, and honestly this is just the nature of the internet. I kind of feel indebted to them, I don't get offended anymore. I think that's a good thing.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 01:58:00 PM by Razvedka » Logged
M4556

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2016, 06:09:45 PM »

Some of the resident experts over on ARFCOM's bullpup forum simply will not let go the accusation that the X95 is inaccurate and wildly inconsistent in what kind of groups it will produce. No amount of facts will deter them.

I was impressed by the guy here in the this thread who put up proof of consistent 2" groups using only 55 grain Wolf Gold ammo

Personally, my intention with my new X95 is to mount a variable power optic on it and very carefully Benchrest it and see what happens with various brands of ammo and various bullet weights.

It ever ceases to amaze me how often people can get so incredibly stupid about trying to demand precision rifle results out of what is clearly intended to be a battle rifle.
RabbitSlayer

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2016, 07:56:37 PM »

Some of the resident experts over on ARFCOM's bullpup forum simply will not let go the accusation that the X95 is inaccurate and wildly inconsistent in what kind of groups it will produce. No amount of facts will deter them.

I was impressed by the guy here in the this thread who put up proof of consistent 2" groups using only 55 grain Wolf Gold ammo

Personally, my intention with my new X95 is to mount a variable power optic on it and very carefully Benchrest it and see what happens with various brands of ammo and various bullet weights.

It ever ceases to amaze me how often people can get so incredibly stupid about trying to demand precision rifle results out of what is clearly intended to be a battle rifle.

I think that a lot of AR fanboys just talk s*** on the Tavor out of fanboyism.

Once I broke my rifle in a bit the accuracy improved, after a few hundred rounds..

I'm still getting consistent 2" groups at 100 yards, and sometimes just a little over 1" with wolf gold.

It is a very accurate rifle, and is actually more accurate then a few other 223 carbines I own, which honestly surprised me.

I shot all my groups with an aimpoint pro and wolf gold, with the rifle in stock configuration.

I think with some upgrades with ammo, optics, and trigger, I could probably shrink the groups.  But honestly for my uses, 2 moa is plenty accurate for me.
bhunted

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2016, 08:20:43 PM »

I hate that forum. Alas, most of those type of people never shot or held anything that they critique. They go by blogs or stories of guys that do box opening videos wearing 2 week old, once turned under wear. Hence, armchair quarterbacks, mall ninjas, etc. Its the internet. Just ignore them.

Hint: Don't waste your time searching for Tavor info on an AR site.
I came here because it relates to bullpups. I go to the Kimber forums cause I own Kimbers.

When I was into M1A rifles, I went to the most popular forum in the world where no less than a 1000 users were on at the same time. Experts there you say? You better believe it. An extremely credible place. A place you can trust profusely. 😀

RabbitSlayer

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2016, 10:25:57 PM »

. Alas, most of those type of people never shot or held anything that they critique. <snip>

This is the biggest problem with gun forums in my opinion.

People who go off about how the Tavor is inaccurate are just ridiculous.  I can't help but think that most of the people who say that are lying about their experience to justify whatever they say is better.

I found myself genuinely surprised by how well the rifle shot, and very happy with it's accuracy.

I also think a lot of people who post on gun forums usually don't know what they are talking about, and or have had no legitimate firearms training, or they just don't know how to shoot well.

Everyone is a badass ultimate expert on everything behind a computer screen  ROFLMAO rotfl
I've found myself surprised at time, you will read some forum members posts for a year or so, dude will make himself sound like a total hard arse, then he'll post a video and you finally find out he is some scawny awkward nerd  ROFLMAO

As well, there are many " reviewers " who get too much credit for what they do in my opinion.
Just because some guy has a nice camera, a ton of money, and can make a long winded 45 minute "review" on every gun they buy..
That doesn't mean that person is actually worth listening to lol.

Opinions are like arse holes, everyone has one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length