Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2017, 02:38:46 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  UTAS UTS-15
| | |-+  Sight height over bore?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sight height over bore?  (Read 11323 times)
Bluegizmo83

« on: September 21, 2016, 03:48:15 PM »

Can anyone tell me the sight height over bore on the UTS-15? Searched all over the place and can't find this info...
BlackWorksInc

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 02:37:49 AM »

It's roughly 2 1/4" from the top edge of the barrel to the top of the picatinny rail, that's a rough measurement with a ruler.
Bluegizmo83

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 01:26:21 PM »

It's roughly 2 1/4" from the top edge of the barrel to the top of the picatinny rail, that's a rough measurement with a ruler.

OK thanks! I didn't think anybody was gonna reply there for a while lol. I guess not many people out there actually have these shotguns... I bought a black gen 4 online last week, picking it up at my local ffl tomorrow!
Billofrights

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 04:39:10 PM »

I think there's a lot of people with them, but there isn't often much news, so the board tends to be pretty dead.  I probably only check it once every few weeks.
Bluegizmo83

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 12:06:25 PM »

Just an update for anyone else who may read this post. Just received my UTS-15 yesterday and I measured the sight height over bore. It is exactly 4.25" from the center of the bore/barrel to the tip of the sights. This is with standard ar height flip-up iron sights (in the upright ready to shoot position, not folded down of course)
BlackWorksInc

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 02:10:53 PM »

Just an update for anyone else who may read this post. Just received my UTS-15 yesterday and I measured the sight height over bore. It is exactly 4.25" from the center of the bore/barrel to the tip of the sights. This is with standard ar height flip-up iron sights (in the upright ready to shoot position, not folded down of course)

That's great to know, can you get a us an accurate measurement of the top of the picatinny rail to the bore? Realistically most people will probably replace their factory sights (I have MBUS on mine) and so they'd have to have a more consistent place to cacluclate their SHOB)
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length