Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 16, 2018, 08:28:32 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  FNH
| | |-+  P90 / PS90 P90 icon
| | | |-+  SIG Romeo 4 red dot sight v.s. Vortex SPARC & Bushnell red dots
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: SIG Romeo 4 red dot sight v.s. Vortex SPARC & Bushnell red dots  (Read 4475 times)
300winmag

« on: September 10, 2016, 10:27:47 PM »

My PS90 has an inexpensive Bushnell TRS red dot sight that is "OK" but I may want to put it on my shotgun and get a better sight for the PS90.  So far (3 years) my TRS sight has worked fine and even held up to mild bumping and banging around and even being dropped once.

SIG has recently come out with a line of red dot sights in the $250. $300. range. I'm absolutely not spending for something in the price range of an Aimpoint Micro or Trijicon red dot sight.

1. Anyone here have a SIG red dot sight?
2. Who makes these sights for SIG? (i.e. German, Czech, Chinese [God forbid!]
3. If you have a SIG red dot how does it compare to others you have tried?
4. Would I be better off with a Vortex SPARC or more pricey Burris red dot?

Thanks, Eric B.
(I can quit buying guns and gun stuff anytime I want. Done it hundreds of times.)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 10:34:12 PM by 300winmag » Logged
mpd3285
^

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 08:07:49 PM »

I am currently running the SIG Romeo4B on an HK UMP40 for special duty work.  It is essentially a rebranded Holosun sight, but that is not all bad.  I have TRS-25, Aimpoint T1, and Trijicon MROs.  The TRS is good for .you 10/22.  The T1 and MROS are on my AUGs and ARs. 

I like the R4B and would consider it for my PS90.  I like the dual reticle option, but mainly leave it in dot plus 65MOA ring mode.  I have it zeroed at 50yards, and the 6 o'clock position on the ring does a good job with close range hold over adjustment.   It is not a true "reflex" sight, but it has been plenty close for me to trust it.  The time-out power down,  motion power on has worked well and in 3 months, I have not changed the battery yet.  I think it's a good value, even if it is SIG in re-branded name only.  I know some guys at SIG R&D who have  used them longer than me and are quite happy. The C model (solar) has some washout issues when moving from light to dark, I prefer the B for its manual brightnes setting.  You probably don't need an M model and the A models are dot only, no ring.

Steyr AUG= Austrian combat Legos since 1977.
Why SBR when you can AUG?! - Haven't we been taxed enough already?
300winmag

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 07:11:38 PM »

Thanks Brian for the rundown on the various SIG Romeo versions.

If I go for a SIG sight I'll probably get the B model, as you suggested and, again, as suggested, put the Bushnell TRS 25 on my 10/22 B/C it has a folding stock and it would look good as well as be durable enough.

My Styer AUG is a Gen 1 so it has a built-in Swarovsky 1.5 X scope. I'd have to get a new flat top receiver to get a scope option. Not worth it, IMHO. I need $$$ for my PRS competition and reloading gear, like a Magnetospeed chronograph.

Eric B.
(Sorry my reply is so late but I seldom come to the Bullpen Forum.)

mpd3285
^

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 10:47:20 PM »

You can mount a red dot on top of your AUG Swarovski 1.5.  I did it on my USR for a while and dialed it way down to fix the hold over and only use for under 25 yards.  You can use one inch scope mounts with rails on them. I had one the was drilled for a Trijicon RMR.   I have a thread in AUG section with pics.  I
decided I didnt like the look, so I took em off and threw em in a drawer.

Steyr AUG= Austrian combat Legos since 1977.
Why SBR when you can AUG?! - Haven't we been taxed enough already?
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length