Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2017, 01:44:54 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:        2017 NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits       -       27 through 30, April, 2017       -       Atlanta, Georgia

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR
| | |-+  Any guesses how the MDR will be suppressed?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Any guesses how the MDR will be suppressed?  (Read 1653 times)
Ouborat7

« on: July 26, 2016, 01:49:41 AM »

Will the way that this rifle ejects  the rounds forward  eliminate gas blowback to the shooters face when suppressed?
 This is a piston gun right? Does that mean that the piston will be loud when the gun is suppressed?
 I'm just trying to get an idea if anyone knows how quiet this would be to shoot suppressed?

With the gun being so compact that would definitely be nice for adding a suppressor and still keeping the length down.
What are people thoughts?
I didn't order an OSS so I'm thinking about traditional suppressors.
dntam

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 01:18:27 PM »

It looks like a closed system but who knows until it actually comes out.  The gas must go somewhere in the receiver. Hopefully not too much of a big deal to clean out. 
Tvfreakarms

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 01:25:27 PM »

Hopefully not in the receiver but out in the front some where

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jfakemp
^

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 02:00:09 PM »

I'm not sure how it will be suppressed but I can hopefully report my finding when I get mine. I have a Griffin Armament RSTA that will go on it once I get my MDR and the overmoulded handguards.
Ouborat7

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 05:57:30 PM »

That would be awesome if you report your findings.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 09:44:04 PM »

Will the way that this rifle ejects  the rounds forward  eliminate gas blowback to the shooters face when suppressed?
 This is a piston gun right? Does that mean that the piston will be loud when the gun is suppressed?
 I'm just trying to get an idea if anyone knows how quiet this would be to shoot suppressed?

With the gun being so compact that would definitely be nice for adding a suppressor and still keeping the length down.
What are people thoughts?
I didn't order an OSS so I'm thinking about traditional suppressors.

I would think that it would be on par with the Tavor given that that design has a covered ejection port and an open one.  I think that it may trap more gas in the stock (from a traditional baffle suppressor) due to the receiver being almost completely sealed, but that's just speculation.

Kurt
MikeSmith
^

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 10:09:15 PM »

I don't expect it to be as bad as the Tavor as it has an adjustable gas system.  They know it's going to get suppressed by many so I'm sure they'll try to make it work well.
Mr. Business
^

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 10:13:29 AM »

Well they've made a point to mention the g36's slow cyclic rate as an inspiration for the MDR. If the auto MDR's slow cyclic rate comes from a slow bolt unlocking process rather than slow bolt movement, then that would allow more of the back-gassing to go out the front of the barrel before the breach unlocks.
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 09:21:16 PM »

I would hazard a guess that it will be suppressed by attaching a suppressor to the end of the barrel.

AE
Ouborat7

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 02:10:50 AM »

I'm still interested how well this will perform suppressed. Aren't Piston guns supposed to be louder than DI?

Just thinking this gun would be sweet to  add a suppressor on to if it's hearing safe.
I wonder if the overmolded handgards fit over most suppressors?

Whoops

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 03:37:32 AM »

I'm still interested how well this will perform suppressed. Aren't Piston guns supposed to be louder than DI?

Just thinking this gun would be sweet to  add a suppressor on to if it's hearing safe.
I wonder if the overmolded handgards fit over most suppressors?

I think they will.

And I can think of several ways one might mitigate or remove "piston pop". You just use the same silencer technology, but focus on engineering it around your glass release port.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length