Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 27, 2021, 01:41:30 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  Standard Manufacturing's DP-12 & SKO-BULL
| | |-+  The safety mechanism on the DP-12
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The safety mechanism on the DP-12  (Read 6365 times)
2stix4evr
New Posting Member

« on: June 30, 2016, 11:26:15 AM »

First, I love the concept of the DP-12.  And I'm super impressed by its build quality.  And...it's crazy fun to shoot.  BUT...I am concerned about the safety on the DP-12.  With one chamber fired, and the other chamber loaded and cocked...you CAN'T engage the safety.  You have to extract both the empty shell AND the live shell before you can engage the safety.  For "fun" shooting at the range...not a big deal.  But for home defense...for me, this may well be a deal breaker.  I'd appreciate hearing other opinions on the DP-12 safety.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 07:04:00 PM by 2stix4evr » Logged
rogertc1

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 04:36:50 PM »

Do you have one or are considering one.  There is no problem with the safety. One douche bag who review it brought it up he did not like it. You can eject the 2nd round if you don't want to shoot it. Seems a lot of modern pistols do not have any safety either.. Keep your finger off the trigger.
If this is such a concern to you don't buy it than.
Hogdoc

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 01:10:52 PM »

Well stated, rogertc1. Thank you.
gunhand

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 03:33:01 PM »

Speaking strictly from a tactical self defense scenario, if you shoot a single round on an attacker, why in the HELL would you immediately want to engage a safety? If I shoot my adversary with a single round, and he goes down, I am NOT going to engage the safety until I know for sure he is completely incapacitated. I will immediately take my finger off the trigger, migrate to available cover, and wait for the cavalry (police) to arrive. Then at the point I know for certain the scene is secure, THEN I will eject the second round with no worries.

That's why I see the engagement of the safety after firing one round, a non- issue.
Heavy

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 04:50:12 PM »

Rule #2 of Zombieland. Always doubletap.
Hogdoc

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 11:25:56 AM »

Agree on the double tap.
rogertc1

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 04:49:52 PM »

Love Zombie land Movie...   Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length