Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2021, 12:33:24 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  FNH
| | |-+  P90 / PS90 P90 icon
| | | |-+  Looking for red dot
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Looking for red dot  (Read 14218 times)
razdds2

« on: June 15, 2016, 01:09:39 PM »

I've got a PS90 coming in, and would like to get a red dot for it. I'm not sure if it has the rail on it, Buds doesn't have the most accurate pictures sometimes.

Can I get some advice on a red dot? Not too concerned about cost, but don't need a top of the line one either.
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 01:13:11 PM »

The P90 is a very compact bullpup. It is very light weight and handy. Try and get a smaller red dot so you don't lose the handling characteristics of the platform. I recently installed a Trijicon MRO on my Tavor. Its the best red dot I have owned to day. I have owned dozens over the years

I would either go with... If price is of no concern=
Trijicon MRO
or
Aimpoint T2 

I would check out Primary arms micro red dots if you are on a budget.
c7aea

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 03:39:18 PM »

I would also recommend a design machine mount. He makes them for both the MRO and T1 style mount.
mpd3285
^

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 07:07:00 PM »

I am a huge fan of the MRO and T1.  I have both on personal and duty weapons.  Just started trying the SIG Romeo4B model on a UMP.  It is motion activated for battery life (shuts down if still for 2 minutes).  Reticle can change from 2MOA dot to a dot with a 65MOA ring ala Eotech type reticle.  Comes with caps and mounts of 2 heights.  Pretty nice for the money.  Not as rugged as the MRO and T1, but depends on your need.

Steyr AUG= Austrian combat Legos since 1977.
Why SBR when you can AUG?! - Haven't we been taxed enough already?
razdds2

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 09:12:24 AM »

I'll have to check what rail mine comes with, not sure at the moment.

Or can I order a red dot and it comes with a variety of mounting options?
canes173
^

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 01:31:14 PM »

I found a used Vortex viper, ordered the Tros low rail and it seems pretty nice. I haven't hit the range with it yet unfortunately.
razdds2

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 08:27:12 AM »

What about the EO Tech sights? I like how they appear to have a greater "vision area" if that makes sense, by it being open rather than a traditional design like a rifle scope.
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 12:20:17 PM »

What about the EO Tech sights? I like how they appear to have a greater "vision area" if that makes sense, by it being open rather than a traditional design like a rifle scope.

All Eotechs have been recalled. They will refund your money completely. I guess they lose their zero in extreme temps. This might not sound like a big deal, but a lot of police and other units keep their carbines locked in their trunk. A cars trunk can surpass the heat rating of the eotech during the summer months. It can throw off the zero by a huge margin I guess. More than a couple MOA.

The Mepro RDS doesn't suffer these issues and has a larger field of view than the Eotechs. I still prefer the Trigy MRO.
Heavy

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 12:35:59 PM »

eotech and mepros both sit a bit too high for a ps90 mount. for me anyway. The MRO or any tube style dot is the way to go
razdds2

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 01:08:31 PM »

Ended up getting the Mepro 21 with triangle sight, and a wash-out remover from bullpup armory that attaches right to it.
300winmag

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 01:40:35 AM »

The VORTEX SPARC 2 is about the best red dot "for the money". It's twice the price of my Bushnell TRS 25 but more rugged and totally guaranteed for life. I'm getting one.

Additionally the SPARC 2 is compact and can be mounted low so it suits our PS90 rail. Big or tall sights just don't work well on the PS90.

Eric B.

UPDATE: Just ordered the Vortex SPARC II too days ago. (7/9/'17) I'm getting itchy to put it on my PS90.
The Bushnell TRS 25 will go on my shotgun and the TruGLo red dot will go from the Benelli M to my stainless Ruger 10/22.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 10:10:47 PM by 300winmag » Logged
300winmag

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2021, 02:38:51 PM »

UPDATE:
I installed that Vortex SPARC II red dot as mentioned. BUT, even at its highest setting in bright sunlight the red dot is difficult to see.

HOWEVER on my RUGER 57 pistol I installed a HOLOSUN 509T CIRCLE dot and love it. Very easy to see in bright sun.
I will NEVER buy a simple red dot again. From now on I will ONLY buy a circle dot sight.

I recommend a HOLOSUN 512 sight and in particular the top end 512T RD with switchable red OR green reticle and titanium housing. ($500.+)

Eric B.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length