Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 27, 2021, 01:25:08 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  Standard Manufacturing's DP-12 & SKO-BULL
| | |-+  DP12 WOW ! wait before you buy accessories
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DP12 WOW ! wait before you buy accessories  (Read 13511 times)
BilgeCollie

« on: June 05, 2016, 08:53:17 PM »

This is my very first time I have done a forum, so if I make mistakes please bear with me and let me know.

By the time I ordered the DP12 form Buds with the wait for payment, shipping and of course I had to ask my Mother May I State if I could have it and wait 10 days also.  One month has passed,  I ordered some accessories from Standard at the same time and this will be a new topic for the problems there.. Stay tuned for I will call them tomorrow for the last time. I will post in a new topic with lots of pictures.

Back to the DP12, WOW is the word.  It is a beast when you first look at it and after that you will pick it up and notice there is some weight there ( but if you dance around naked and do curls with your new gun, weight will not be a issue ! something I do with every new gun, kidding or am I ? ) .  But as soon as it is shouldered the weight is not a issue, even full load of shells, I will call it balanced in the ready position.  I went to my back yard and lit them off.  Their is very little recoil, with field and target loads it is like a 223 and with my roll your own barrel melting 15 pellet 00 buck it is like shooting a 30 30 !  With those same 00 buck on my Stainless Marine guns they kick like a 375 H&H !  The balance of weight and I guess bullpup design and with it's spring butt pad, recoil is pleasant. 

Thank God that the stupid people that do these shooting are not smart enough to use a shotgun.  A shotgun is outstanding weapon for jungle, close quarters and moving targets.  But our Military is also stupid ( I know I work for them ).  In the old days my shotgun in the jungle was a prize, it did not have one 556 tumbling bullet that would hit a branch and take off in another direction, hell they would not go thru a windshield, still do not.  Which brings us to Bull pups, longer barrels with more velocity  instead of using shorter barrels that loses velocity and still hits a windshield and falls to the ground. I had 9 00 in those days and if a couple hit branches you still had 8 more coming.

So out in the back yard of course everything was blown up.  But my goal is this week to get different choke tubes and do a lot of patterns.  I do not want those I'm so cool breachers I want chokes that work.  There are some that stick out about a inch or less for quick changes.  I might even put different choke on each barrel.

Tonight I'm building some sights while I'm waiting for a Trijion 42 Reflex, I had a new 552 Eotech I was going to put on there and  found out that it is another 500 dollar piece of s*** that I bought. So I'm waiting for my refund.  I have some turkey sights that are glow sights and it looks like a Eothec rectile, beard busters they are called.  I'm milling down a set of xx high wide scope rings and will drill and tap and mount these on the milled ring mounts.  Looks really good.  I will get pictures soon.

I read and watched all the videos on this gun ( you also can do the naked thing with videos ) and felt that if Connecticut Shotgun had it's hand in it it had to be great.  Right now everything is fine but with the other stuff I bought I'm a little worried.  I will have a full report on that after I start yelling tomorrow for I have dealt with there krap for a month, stay tuned.

My love for Bonneville Salt Flats will never be complete as long as I live. It occupies part of my day, every day of my life. Its like the girl that you that you loved early in your life and she escaped. You dream of her constantly and the empty spot will be there till she returns.
R3DLINE

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 09:10:55 PM »

Oo... Have you seen the videos where it doesn't pump the loads into the chamber when the shotgun is pointed downwards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BilgeCollie

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 10:26:37 PM »

Yes I did see the video and there is some article or video from STD MFG that stated they addressed that issue.  I tried that angle and every other angle and not a problem.  I also would think that it needs to be racked smartly for you are handling 2 shells instead of one.  I gave it a good lube for it was very dry and feels like glass now.  I found some different style snap caps I had in a box and the all plastic ones it did not like.  that was the only issue so far.  I have only been in my back yard and shot 4 styles of shells.  I have not gone to the mine and really put it thru the paces.  I have shot about 100 shells so far, no issue.  My sight milling project is on hold till tomorrow or so  for hot water heater blew up and water pump went out and with work it has been a little tough this week. Still waiting for a set of different choke tubes to work patterns and loads.  So far happy as a clam with gun, but their accessorizes suck.  I got a refund 2 hours after I sent them a long email, they sent me a call tag for shipping light back and said they already refunded me.  Great service on that part.  So I ordered a SureFire 600 Ultra with remote switch.

Has any one used a high powered weapon light with the  Trijicon RX30-C-800113 1x42 Reflex Green 6.5 MOA Huh?  Wondering if it will wash out the sight.

My wife and I are Merchant Marine and all the boats have shotguns with SureFire lights on the pump grip.  In my disbelieve of the foregrip fastener problem for DP12 I was not even thinking  that the grip, light & laser is no way weather resistant, so that is another issue with it.  Not that I will put it on a boat but would like the option to.

My love for Bonneville Salt Flats will never be complete as long as I live. It occupies part of my day, every day of my life. Its like the girl that you that you loved early in your life and she escaped. You dream of her constantly and the empty spot will be there till she returns.
afuntxcowboy

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 05:51:05 PM »

any update?   

Handled this big boy today and WOW. . . I was impressed.   "Almost" mad skeet shooting boring.   "Almost".  LOL
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length