Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2018, 10:54:05 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Rimfire Bullpups
| |-+  Marlin Bullpup conversions (Moderator: Plinker)
| | |-+  Bullpup stock for XT-22??
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bullpup stock for XT-22??  (Read 27310 times)
The Heretic

« on: June 04, 2016, 11:23:25 AM »

I am getting an XT-22 because I want a bolt action and to be able to shoot shorts/etc.

I already have 3 Ruger 10/22s (take-down, sporter, Mannlicher)  so I have "enough" semiautos.

Can one of the Marlin bullpup conversion stocks be modified to work with the XT22-TR?
The Heretic

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 03:28:21 PM »

guess not Sad
BringOnTheZombies!!
New Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 11:50:31 PM »

I say no because there is no way to relocate the trigger. The 795 platform works because it has a 2 part trigger system.
kiernan

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 03:26:37 AM »

Have a look at this
It's an XT-17 not 22, but you might be interested in what I've done with the trigger...
I've probably taken the project a bit further than you were planning on though  Grin

https://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=12504.0
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 03:30:22 AM by kiernan » Logged
The Heretic

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 06:51:32 PM »

Nice. The handling of the turning bolt is nice, although I would wonder about added friction there.

FWIW - the trigger actuator linkage, the AWC G2A bullpup I used to own, had bellcranks and a cable inside a sleeve instead of a rod. This way pulling the forward trigger pulled on the cable which pulled on the rear bellcrank which in turn pushed against the face of the rear trigger. There were turnbuckles at each end of the cable to attach the cable to the bellcrank, but the pins used in the turnbuckle were too small a diameter and were going to fail sooner or later.

The cable in the sleeve had less friction than any pushrod system I have seen in bullpup conversions, in part because it was pulling instead of pushing, and it also did not waste energy in the rod flexing and the rod pushing against anything along its path.

Overall, it was the best bullpup trigger I have ever used, including non-conversions like the FN PS90.
buckmeister

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 05:53:13 PM »

Details on the trigger would be appreciated.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length