Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 13, 2020, 04:47:36 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  UTAS UTS-15
| | |-+  Recommend Recoil Pad?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Recommend Recoil Pad?  (Read 48810 times)
Gkines7
New Posting Member

« on: May 30, 2016, 03:35:10 PM »

Can anyone recommend a good 3rd party recoil pad that perfectly fits the UTS-15?

Thanks!
Billofrights

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 08:50:41 PM »

None that fit perfectly, no.  I wish the crappy solid rubber one was more easily removed, we might have some 3rd party options then.  Most people I know just stick on a medium limbsaver.  It's not perfect and it looks weird but it makes a world of difference on your shoulder.
Gkines7
New Posting Member

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 10:16:17 PM »

Here's a link to a tear down of the built-in recoil butt pad, hoping someone can do a custom mold of it with a thicker / softer rubber:

http://www.gunsumerreports.com/review_utas_uts-15_p4.php

I would do it if I had the equipment available.

GK

Billofrights

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 03:51:04 PM »

Simpler than I'd remembered.  If I had a 3d printer or some workbench space I'd think about working something up.  There has to be a way to make a rigid attachment point and marry that to some more absorptive substance for recoil.

Unfortunately, the UTS-15 has such a small installed user base that it's not a lucrative market for someone to invest the time and money into making one for sale.
theodd001

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 06:44:06 AM »

Really? My UTS has very little recoil as it is... its actually softer shooting than anything else I have shot. I did a side by side comparisons against a KSG and my UTS had considerably less recoil. I don't see a need in a different butt pad...
Vizjion

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 09:25:43 PM »

Refer to the utas Gen 3 with modifications if you're looking for something completely different than a slip on bulky butt pad
blastahbastahd

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 11:53:05 PM »

check out the limbsaver airtech "small/medium" (that is the size).  has half of the LOP effect as the other limbsavers and is supposedly an improvement on the "classic" design.  just installed on my uts-15, haven't shot with it yet so don't have before/after report at this time.  fit seems good, and seems significantly less bulky than the other limbsaver options.

DekNgo
New Posting Member

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 01:44:28 AM »

check out the limbsaver airtech "small/medium" (that is the size).  has half of the LOP effect as the other limbsavers and is supposedly an improvement on the "classic" design.  just installed on my uts-15, haven't shot with it yet so don't have before/after report at this time.  fit seems good, and seems significantly less bulky than the other limbsaver options.

Pictures?
DonL
^

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2020, 06:47:32 PM »

Medium Limbsaver slip-on worked great for me. You'll need to use some Shoe Goo to keep it in place, as it will move without it. No worries if you want to take off as it will with some effort without damaging the stock rubber pad.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length