Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2019, 07:08:46 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Tavor x95 rattle
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Tavor x95 rattle  (Read 52683 times)
Ngomez20

« on: May 12, 2016, 09:40:52 AM »

Ok guys, I got my x95 about a month ago and have shot it three times so far. I noticed a rattle under the handguard near the trigger, I took it apart and there is a plastic bushing under the barrel that is loose. I called IWI and the guy said it was designed to do that. Does anyone else's do that or is it just mine, and the guy was just blowing smoke up my butt.
Rick53
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 01:10:12 PM »

Ok guys, I got my x95 about a month ago and have shot it three times so far. I noticed a rattle under the handguard near the trigger, I took it apart and there is a plastic bushing under the barrel that is loose. I called IWI and the guy said it was designed to do that. Does anyone else's do that or is it just mine, and the guy was just blowing smoke up my butt.
The handguard near the trigger ? Have no idea what you're talking about . Pics maybe? IWI would blow you off : When does the rattle occur : I've had mine apart a few times and not sure what PLASTIC you could mean. 
Ngomez20

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 02:34:11 PM »

Can't get pic's right now as I'm not near my rifle until the weekend. But when the handguard is off, under the barrel towards the rear of the rifle there is a crescent looking plastic piece. I can hear it when I rock the rifle back and forth.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 02:37:23 PM by Ngomez20 » Logged
Rick53
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 05:21:50 PM »

Can't get pic's right now as I'm not near my rifle until the weekend. But when the handguard is off, under the barrel towards the rear of the rifle there is a crescent looking plastic piece. I can hear it when I rock the rifle back and forth.
Maybe it needs to be stuck back into place or something broke loose on yours. Mine has not one rattle . Are you sure it belongs there? Maybe it was something that during assembly should have come off : The only thing I can think of that's crescent shaped at all would we the shield over the gas tube which shouldn't rattle : If it we out of place the charging handle wouldn't go it.  You didn't by any chance try to lock the barrel with the charging handle already installed did you? 
Ngomez20

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 07:41:27 PM »

I know this for the IDF version of the x95 but it has the part I'm talking about, it's number 16 "teflon sleeve".

* Screenshot_2016-05-12-18-35-51.png (363.54 KB, 1080x1920 - viewed 714 times.)
RadScorpius
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 09:26:19 PM »

Contact IWI?
Ngomez20

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 09:40:53 PM »

Contact IWI?

I did call them and the guy said it was designed to move around and rattle and proceeded hang up.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 09:44:35 PM by Ngomez20 » Logged
Rick53
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 09:30:22 AM »

Contact IWI?

I did call them and the guy said it was designed to move around and rattle and proceeded hang up.
When you said near the trigger it's not what I was thinking it was: I'm not sure why mine doesn't rattle but I'd assume it's there to absorb some of the heat and support the HG : Take it off if you are bothered: Or call IWI and ask for a new one. Maybe yours isn't as snug on the barrel as mine. I just tried to make mine rattle and it doesn't.
Ngomez20

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 08:58:41 PM »

This is the piece I'm talking about, it slides around on the barrel easily. I just took it off and pushed the two tabs out a bit and put it back in place. It's fits snug now but I'm not sure it will hold until I take it back to the range. Also my guess as to what may have happened is it got really hot from shooting it a lot and it may have got and deformed itself but that just a wild guess.

* 20160514_103633.jpg (1761.96 KB, 4128x2322 - viewed 895 times.)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 12:01:09 PM by Ngomez20 » Logged
Rick53
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2016, 10:44:39 AM »

This is the piece I'm talking about, it slides around on the barrel easily. I just took it off and pushed the two tabs out a bit and put it back in place. It's fits snug now but I'm not sure it will hold until I take it back to the range. Also my guess as to what may have happened is it got really hot from shooting it a lot and it may have got and deformed itself but that just a wild guess.
I'm going to take a wild guess here because your picture is to big to see exactly. I would guess you have it attached wrong : The opening faces down towards the ground : Your pic seems to show you have it on upside down:
Ngomez20

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2016, 12:06:12 PM »

I'm going to take a wild guess here because your picture is to big to see exactly. I would guess you have it attached wrong : The opening faces down towards the ground : Your pic seems to show you have it on upside down:

I have it in the way the manual says to.
Rick53
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 01:54:41 PM »

I have it in the way the manual says to.
I just looked at mine again The opening faces down Yours is on wrong if the opening is up like the pic appears to show. Look at page 58 . It's pretty obvious that your's is on Upside down: Just took a double take on your picture : It's not correct . My manual shows it the way I am suggesting to you:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 01:56:46 PM by Rick53 » Logged
Gear Head
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2016, 02:21:55 PM »

Those plastic sleeves are there to help keep the forearm stable. The X95 uses the barrel to help with overall rigidity of the forearm. They are supposed to be an easy slip fit for assembly/dis-assembly. I suppose that could lead to some rattle but now I'm just guessing...

The second Amendment is the last line of defense for the 1st.

Gear Head Works' products are leading the way in innovative designs. Click the globe icon below my Avatar to visit www.gearheadworks.com
Rick53
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2016, 07:02:16 PM »

Those plastic sleeves are there to help keep the forearm stable. The X95 uses the barrel to help with overall rigidity of the forearm. They are supposed to be an easy slip fit for assembly/dis-assembly. I suppose that could lead to some rattle but now I'm just guessing...
Look at his picture close : He has the open end facing up : I am going by where the charging handle is. I took the time to take mine off and turn it facing up : It works but rattles : Common sense would dictate the open end faces down. Then Owners manual confirms that . So did my testing on my own x-95 : It is loose when rotated with the sleeve open end up:
boscoman

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2016, 09:28:17 PM »

Have you shot the rifle with the bushing removed to verify that it is the part rattling? If not try that & see if cures the problem. Then you can look at a new bushing to see if reduces the rattle. If it doesn't make any difference then you need to start looking at what else may be causing it. Just a suggestion.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
Rick53
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2016, 08:15:20 AM »

I'm sure the op will tell us today that he switched it around. I can tell by looking at it that it's upside down. It's really obvious when I have my own to look at. It's rattling because of the positions he has it installed. Hopefully he'll see that : Even the Owners manual agrees with what I'm telling him.
Ngomez20

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2016, 09:52:14 AM »

I'm sure the op will tell us today that he switched it around. I can tell by looking at it that it's upside down. It's really obvious when I have my own to look at. It's rattling because of the positions he has it installed. Hopefully he'll see that : Even the Owners manual agrees with what I'm telling him.

Can you post a picture of yours, on p.69 the part number is 4 and shows it opening up.

* Screenshot_2016-05-15-08-49-57.png (1555.18 KB, 1080x1920 - viewed 575 times.)
Dragoon
Banned

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2016, 10:38:31 AM »

Add me to the x95 rattle, video here:
https://youtu.be/PS1MU1w7aqM

I shot at a local action rifle yesterday and came home to a rattling gun. I have only field stripped the gun so unless something was installed incorrectly from the factory, or it somehow rotated around, got hot and expanded, the opening should be facing UP (up towards the iron sights). Or I have a completely different issue lol.

Anyways, I take it this is not normal? I never had a Tavor, and my x95 was completely silent, like a ninja, until I got home.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:44:35 AM by Dragoon » Logged
Rick53
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2016, 10:39:49 AM »

Can you post a picture of yours, on p.69 the part number is 4 and shows it opening up.
I'll post a Picture in this reply - I looked at page 69 : Unless your manual is somehow different it goes down as I am telling you: As you can see just as the Owners Manual shows opening is down: Quite Frankly I'm not understanding how you're even getting it to fit any other way . I tried it upside down and you have to force it to fit: The Hand guard should just slip on easy  Mine isn't rattling : Although I have only shot about 600 Rounds so far:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:41:26 AM by Rick53 » Logged
fun_gary
^

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2016, 10:43:41 AM »

is this what you are talking about?

* Screen Shot 2016-05-15 at 9.34.10 AM.png (444.89 KB, 613x694 - viewed 560 times.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length