Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2018, 11:26:57 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  X-95 and USGI mags
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: X-95 and USGI mags  (Read 5226 times)
Dobe

« on: May 10, 2016, 01:33:31 PM »

I just bought several Brownell USGI mags.  It seems that the X-95 will not hold the bolt back with this magazine.  Has anyone use the Brownell mags in the X-95?
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 01:45:02 PM »

I just bought several Brownell USGI mags.  It seems that the X-95 will not hold the bolt back with this magazine.  Has anyone use the Brownell mags in the X-95?

The first thing I do with USGI mags is to replace the follower with Magpul followers. They are real cheap and sold by the three pack. They increase the reliability of the USGI magazines ten fold. They don't tilt or wobble in the least. You will probably get more bolt release lift with the magpul units due to their anti tilt nature. I know they say the green followers are anti tilt, but they are far from it. I highly recommend them.

Here is a link... well worth the price
http://www.amazon.com/Follower-Ultimate-Arms-Gear-Silicone/dp/B00ZQ41HAM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462902264&sr=8-1&keywords=magpul+follower
davemkeller

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 09:31:50 PM »

These are the USGI mags I run and they're legit. They also come with anti-tilt followers and they run so well in my X95.

https://www.botach.com/okay-surefeed-ar-m4-5-56mm-magazines/
Thompson

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 09:15:16 AM »

These are the USGI mags I run and they're legit. They also come with anti-tilt followers and they run so well in my X95.

I'm a little confused. Who is Surefeed? subdivision of OKAY?

Side note: didn't OKAY semi-recently get bought by someone? or something along those lines?
Dobe

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 11:11:05 AM »

The Brownells will work in all of my ARs and my SCAR as well as my fs2000.  It is just nice to standardized when possible.
davemkeller

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 05:21:01 PM »

I'm a little confused. Who is Surefeed? subdivision of OKAY?

Side note: didn't OKAY semi-recently get bought by someone? or something along those lines?

Not sure about them getting bought out but they are OKAY magazines. They're really nice. I'm not sure why they say Surefeed when all of the markings are OKAY. Legit mags.
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 05:56:17 PM »

Yup... Those look just like Magpul followers. They look like excellent mags. Those are the style followers the gentleman needs to help lock his bolt back. Even the old green "anti tilt" followers tend to tilt a lot more than this new style follower both Magpul and the company you listed produce.
Johnny Gunz

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 07:53:07 PM »

Palmetto State Armory has Teflon coated mags with Magpul followers for $6.99. They should work very well.
DR_PRP

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 11:22:18 PM »

Generally, by the time you get though buying extra magpul followers, you'd of been better off just buying the opaque, springsteel feed lipped Lancer L5 AWM magazines for between $13 to $16 bucks a pop. Or the Translucent Lancer AWM'S can be had for slightly more.

The Palmetto State mags that already have the Magpul follower are a pretty good value, if you can pick them up on one of the frequent daily deals, where they go for under $8.00.

I know plenty of idiots that could accidentally break an anvil, who then turn right around and blame the anvil for not being Mil-Spec.
13C

MOLON LABE!

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 11:35:33 PM »

Most of my USGI mags have enhanced or magpul followers.  No issues locking back on them.  I don't have any of the "company" mags like brownells, PSA or surefire to test in it though.

dawg180
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 01:19:09 PM »

Have not had any issues with USGI mags in the X95, other than some of the older 20 rounds (straight body)  can be a bit snug to pull out of the magwell.  30 rounders lock the bolt back and drop free just fine for me.

dawg180
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2016, 01:21:21 PM »

First thing to check- pull the charging handle back on an emplty mag- does the bolt lock open?

If so, what ammo are you using?  Wolf, or another possibly underpowered round?  If so try some good quality brass cased ammo, you might be getting slightly short strokes.

Will the bolt lock back on all other mags you have tried, and what types of mags are they?

Will the mags lock the bolt open on an AR-15 or other gun that feeds from AR mags that you have?
gsxr1300

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2018, 10:50:44 AM »

I just got some 1994 usgi mags will I need to replace  the followers with anti tilt followers? For an x95?
JRKrejsa

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2018, 02:14:42 AM »

Never had an issue with USGI mags.  I have several and they are older, 10 years +.  But I do rotate them.

Or, just use Magpul mags.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length